Proposal Enhancing the Gold market

MEGHNI

Lochagos
Summary: Gold trading rework
Description: The current gold trading system should be reworked, as it's really hard for non premium users (like me) to trade their resources for gold, as I need to wait a very long time to put my offer on the market.
Some of my suggestions are :
  1. Each player have a fixed number of gold trade per day
  2. Each player can trade x amount may of gold per day (x should not be small, not big)
  3. Establish a trade live chat in-game
  4. Limit number of gold trade in the market per amount of time
Reason: This change should be done as soon as possible, as getting gold with this system is almost impossible0

Hydna

Grepolis Team
You can trade gold very easily on day 1 of any world if you drop instantly but after that it is activity dependent. You have to watch. It's a market and thats the way it works.

Summary: Gold trading rework
Description: The current gold trading system should be reworked, as it's really hard for non premium users (like me) to trade their resources for gold, as I need to wait a very long time to put my offer on the market.
Some of my suggestions are :
  1. Each player have a fixed number of gold trade per day
  2. Each player can trade x amount may of gold per day (x should not be small, not big)
  3. Establish a trade live chat in-game
  4. Limit number of gold trade in the market per amount of time
Reason: This change should be done as soon as possible, as getting gold with this system is almost impossible0
Gold trading is a matter of activity. Active players shouldn't have to suffer because you want to log on once a day and make bank.

smiley-emoticons-drunk.gif

MEGHNI

Lochagos
You can trade gold very easily on day 1 of any world if you drop instantly but after that it is activity dependent. You have to watch. It's a market and thats the way it works.
You have to watch constantly for the market which is a bit an addictive thing to do especially if many players are doing the same. The game is not enjoyable anymore.

xFate

Strategos
You have to watch constantly for the market which is a bit an addictive thing to do especially if many players are doing the same. The game is not enjoyable anymore.

So, you're lazy and want it to just be easier so you dont have to put in any work

0ZZZ

Phrourach
INOs change to the current gold trading system was one of the best later game decisions they ever made.
It is one of the only decisions where I have seen INO make a choice against the whales and their leaches.

I find all four suggestions of yours to bring communism to the gold market repulsive.
You want gold so bad, go put in a couple of extra hours in at work n spend 80 bucks like the rest of us.

MEGHNI

Lochagos
You guys have weird responses to be honest, I'm trying to make things simple as this is a game and should be enjoyable, not a life purpose.
This is the worst game forum I've ever seen, I'm sorry to tell this.
This will be my last message in this forum.

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
lets be realistic... not every world and every ocean has gold spending players or premades, sometimes you are just unlucky with your drop location and cant get much or any gold..

Hydna

Grepolis Team
You guys have weird responses to be honest, I'm trying to make things simple as this is a game and should be enjoyable, not a life purpose.
This is the worst game forum I've ever seen, I'm sorry to tell this.
This will be my last message in this forum.
You are right this is a game and should be fun. The market is more of an extra though to provide options if you do not want to spend. Originally this opportunity did not exist at all, then it was more of a post your trades and see who picked them up. This was not necessarily as fair since players could chose who they bought from but it did allow you to post and go. Now you can only trade if there is a need within your ocean. That is then partly luck in terms of who is there to buy, partly activity in terms of how often you check. Day 1 most oceans have options but after that it depends. The system is simple but there are always more sellers than buyers after the first day so you are not alone in being disappointed. I think it is is better than not having the option at all though.

StoryTime

Lochagos
You are right this is a game and should be fun. The market is more of an extra though to provide options if you do not want to spend. Originally this opportunity did not exist at all, then it was more of a post your trades and see who picked them up. This was not necessarily as fair since players could chose who they bought from but it did allow you to post and go. Now you can only trade if there is a need within your ocean. That is then partly luck in terms of who is there to buy, partly activity in terms of how often you check. Day 1 most oceans have options but after that it depends. The system is simple but there are always more sellers than buyers after the first day so you are not alone in being disappointed. I think it is is better than not having the option at all though.
Why do you act like the system switched for anything less then your own greed? You removed player to player trading simply because you wanted to steal a % of every trade from the market. If I buy something at 50 gold for 2500 wood, someone is selling it at 40 gold for 2500 wood, you are taking 20% of the gold.

I don't personally care about this topic, but damn is it insulting to mention the old system and then try to say " This was not necessarily as fair since players could chose who they bought from but it did allow you to post and go" as if that was why you changed it.

You changed it so you could take more gold off people, not sure why thats trying to be covered up with an excuse on the old system not being "Fair", then again this is probably the same version of the word "fair" as the fair play rule, so honestly it just sounds like "fair" to inno is a word used when they just want to justify anything they do with no consequences.

Oh well, hope I can quit this game after the world im in, addictions suck friends dont come back if you're reading this and think the game has gotten any better. Save your time and your IRL time, not worth it.

gkassimis

Hipparchus
its not everything black or white. there is also grey which many times is the best solution. the current system rewards super active players and punishes those who dont spend their time in front of their screen until foam starts falling from their mouth. also the commission that inno gets for trade reminds me the commission pimps get from those who do the actual work. i understand the need to change old system since inno was losing money because some players were buying gold directly from other players in half prices from what inno charges (i knew a couple of guys who were making more money selling gold than from their real jobs). however this system isnt also a good solution. more players need to be able to have a piece of the gold pie and not only those i described above and of course inno to stop taking the pimp commission

Honestly I actually feel the gold market is making it too easy for gold farming players to just go into worlds and farm gold, this really does kill the playerbase in many worlds. Looking back at the worlds I played in, the more recent ones after the gold market became a thing had a lot of players just in the world for the gold, and not to actually play the game, and I think this really detracts from the point of the game and is a major factor in the low player numbers in the recent worlds.

Before the gold market was a thing players were actually in the worlds to play the game as it is, and this meant players were more engaged and active in the game which made the experience much more enjoyable. Now so many players are just in the world to gold farm, and it makes for a much smaller active playerbase which means a less engaging and fun experience.

Last edited:

Reimu Hakurei

Chiliarch
Why do you act like the system switched for anything less then your own greed? You removed player to player trading simply because you wanted to steal a % of every trade from the market. If I buy something at 50 gold for 2500 wood, someone is selling it at 40 gold for 2500 wood, you are taking 20% of the gold.

I don't personally care about this topic, but damn is it insulting to mention the old system and then try to say " This was not necessarily as fair since players could chose who they bought from but it did allow you to post and go" as if that was why you changed it.

You changed it so you could take more gold off people, not sure why thats trying to be covered up with an excuse on the old system not being "Fair", then again this is probably the same version of the word "fair" as the fair play rule, so honestly it just sounds like "fair" to inno is a word used when they just want to justify anything they do with no consequences.

Oh well, hope I can quit this game after the world im in, addictions suck friends dont come back if you're reading this and think the game has gotten any better. Save your time and your IRL time, not worth it.
The gold market takes 20% of the resources, not gold. If you buy 2500 wood for 50 gold, someone else needs to sell 3000 wood to get back the 50 gold... But net gold never disappears in the market