The Story of Oricos

Corvidaan

Phrourach
As Oricos comes to a close tomorrow after a year, I thought I’d just round it up with a post detailing how it happened.

Opening on June 1st 2021, Oricos was a world where many alliances were taking a break. Venom, Meme and BTS were on hiatus after 132 and Shadow Tails + OV were still busy with their endless slog for closure on 130.

As a result, the alliances that usually found themselves competing for top 3 rather than a win, like the usual BZC lot, OPY/Aethilla premades, JFL, etc managed to cut out large swathes of the world for themselves by the end of the first month or two. BZC dominated north 45 and ranked 1st, JFL was spread across the border between 44 and 54, whilst GA were eating up 55.

There was also an alliance named Seal Elite in the south of 45 beginning to make progress.

Things went pretty much as expected. BZC grew fast, but found themselves largely surrounded by JFL, GA and Seal Elite. GA were incapable of doing much against them however, so the main pressures on BZC came from the north in the form of JFL.

As spam ramped up, world chats got louder, and more attention was drawn to the world, as it was also the last “old style” wonders, with a flat 50 favour (rather than getting 12-16) for winning.

It was also one of the first high speed Ares worlds, and a group of players dropped in ocean 0 to build ladon nukes, which, pre nerf, would have been able to reach the core oceans in only a couple of hours. The intent being to act as mercenaries and break sieges as they pleased.

Having already defeated one large alliance in 44, JFL was making good progress against BZC and the MRA revenant, although the usual internal problems were beginning to flare up as it’s leadership began to aggravate its players. Eventually, about 2 months into the server, the players finally snapped and began to report JFL’s leader from within their own alliance, something which (despite mods no doubt saying all reports are treated equally) definitely holds extra weight.

Landed with an attackable ban for 24 hours, their leader, rather than confessing to being banned, attempted to pretend that his mother had died (Only later confessing the truth once the ban had subsided). At this point a coup was staged, with members who had played together under meme machine in 132 taking control of JFL and starting the process of internalising the banned leader.

8984AF7C-77BA-4966-96E9-2382909BE038.png
Purple - JFL, Orange - BZC, Black - GA, White - Revenant, Green - Misc

Seeing an opportunity to stick the final nail in the coffin, the meme machine alliance dropped all across ocean 44 and 54, absorbing their players who had been in JFL, and then also taking in a few new ones that had made friends with the meme players there.

44 and 54 were now a wide open mess of JFL remnants including players like inco and Vulpes, whilst also containing Meme (where Dantes/Pennaone had picked up and moved across some players from Revenant) and a bunch of now splintered alliances.

To the south, BZC, Seal Elite and GA all had very established cores and were beginning to prepare for wonders even at this very early stage, with mass rock founding and large swathes of recruitment, filling second wings as they consolidated the southern oceans.

Over the next month, 44 and 54 were very quickly mopped up by Meme Machine, although BZC and GA began to expand over the borders into the south of those oceans. War was brewing.

FBE68479-4F52-4E48-8F5B-2066EF88EDFA.png
August - Meme in green, their enemies in Red.

Meme hadn’t ever had an agreement with BZC, merely dedicating their focus to seizing the northern oceans instead, but when BZC took in the JFL remnants, full out war erupted.

It was over rather quickly. Meme eradicated the JFL remnants and cleaned southern 44 of any non-LTS’d BZC presence, with the frontlines beginning to push into northern 45. This, combined with seal elite making inroads against BZC in the south, and the occasional GA siege in the east, saw the rank 1 alliance begin to buckle.

Eventually, with the warscore spiralling away and more and more territory being ceded to meme, BZC collapsed and the world shifted in tone.

Half of BZC joined Meme, while the other half joined Seal Elite (who then promptly pacted and merged with GA to create the 3-4 wing alliance that would become known as TBC/GA)

This meant that the world had 3 different zones.

You had 44 and 54, which were mostly un consolidated islands with patches of rim alliances and empty rocks, held by Meme and looking a lot more like a map of a domination server.

55 was completely held and rocks filled by TBC/GA, and southern 45 was the same. As wonders prep continued in full flow.

The top half of 45 was a mess of half Meme aligned-BZC and half TBC/GA aligned-BZC.

As former alliance members turned on each other, the islands began to get very bloody, and cities were bled on both sides as Meme began to rotate their frontliners into the south, replacing BZC members, and then also spotting which former BZC members could hold their own and remain there.

Over the next few months, (leading up to November) the war progressed fairly steadily. Meme cleaned up more and more of 44 and 54, along with rolling up most of the front line along 45, whilst TBC/GA focussed on wonders prep, filling the two southern ocean’s rocks and picking off the former BZC players deep into 45 where they couldn’t be helped.

DB5B613B-B775-4AB3-B68F-FD30EBDB9024.jpeg
November, Meme vs Mega Coalition

As November started, the countdown for wonders began to creep closer and closer, with the score being somewhat attainable with the right cuts and drops. It was at this point that meme suddenly realised that it was a wonders world and that with a 100 player and 1500 city deficit, they’d probably lose, and that they didn’t even have any favour farming or island holders lined up.

In a mad scrabble they managed to get together some rudimentary wonder holders and favour gen, and filled in the first couple of rock islands around these selections.

TBC/GA seemed unwilling to begin wonders themselves however, and so neither side attempted to start the race, with it instead being delayed and the counter reset.

Meme then bolstered their roster with a couple of BTS players, excellent timers who could force land anyone, with any level of LTS and aid. With these now on the front line, they began to push further south into 45 and also began to roll TBC/GA back in ocean 55, securing the centre of the map for meme.

In January, meme’s wonders prep finally kicked off. Half the team began to fill rocks, prepare favour generation and max out res camps + marketplaces, whilst the other half continued to make GA/TBC players quit and whittle down their numerical advantage with the relentless and no doubt demoralising force landing.

Morale remained high in the TBC/GA camp though, as they knew they had a better wonders set up, having had 5 extra months of prep, and had TJ, allegedly an excellent wonders organiser in their leadership, along with Challenger, who claimed to have a “secret plan” that would help them win. This kept their chins up, and come February, wonders began.

In the end, numerical advantage in both cities and players can’t make up for activity and skill. Meme romped into the lead, filling faster and boosting more than their opposition. Leading on 5 or 6 wonders at each level, they were confident that, despite having played three quarters of the world as if it were domination, would pull off the win.

Then disaster struck. Penn/Dantes was landed on in one of the wonders they were leading, lighthouse. Whilst this wouldn’t normally be a problem, as meme rarely got landed on, and so had hundreds of optimised flyer nukes, the spaghetti head had built a level 5 wall… and the wonder was lost.

With the new TBC in Meme’s wonder core now LTS’d to high heaven, Penn worked to redeem himself by handing off his remaining wonders, and then producing such insane quantities of favour generation and online activity that he could almost solo boost a wonder at levels 7-9.

Meme, deciding that now they just wanted to get the win with 4, and avoid a gruelling slog over 2 years like ST and OV had subjected themselves to on 130, focussed down 4 wonders and finished them, winning the server.

Here are the stats from as we hit 4/7.

EF9C12B7-C543-438D-B82F-FCBF274F8559.png

07D993DF-AA6C-4026-952F-624DE4726AEA.png

Part 2 Below

Last edited:

Corvidaan

Phrourach
With this, most meme players clocked out. Some moved to join premades for new worlds like 143, many just turned off alarms or ghosted and had a break. Others, like myself, hit Vm for the full 42 days with a well earned break.

After all, dropping 2 months late, racking up a 1000+ warscore, winning wonders despite no comparable levels of prep or cities, that’s deserving of a break, right? And with our names in the hall of fame, our opposition will accept their loss and move on to other worlds too?

Wrong. Turns out that TBC/GA were mental gymnasts of Olympian proportions. “We might be losing warscore, but we’ll win wonders” became “we might have lost wonders but we’ll get the cosmetic crown”.

So, for the next 3 months, a core of about 10 meme players held and defended their wonders in ocean 44 whilst TBC and GA fed on all the ghosts and inactives around them. Tops, Bugs, Jourm, Margery and Oskar watched as wonders were slowly lost to inactives, holders hitting VM, until only tomb remained.

Over 10 server breaking attempts, TBC/GA still couldn’t break into the tomb. Hundreds of thousands of LS were used in each attempt, and 6k+ flyers every time, and yet every time failed. Then, after 2 and a half months, the player count finally dropped below 300 and the timer for closure began.

Then, with 2 weeks left into the timer, meme decided to show TBC how a wonder break should actually be done. It took only 4 players (who, note, were still holding their own tomb) to time in on the enemy tomb at the very bottom of ocean 45.

With that, any hopes of even gaining the cosmetic crown were dashed for TBC/GA, they would leave the world they had dedicated a year to, with nothing.

Meme, no longer seeing a point to holding their own tomb once the deadline for TBC to move and reconstruct the tomb elsewhere had elapsed, ceased defending ocean 44 and instead just piled everything into the new tomb breaking city in ocean 45.

A few, insincere attempts were made to negotiate a crown, with meme demanding to be put on all tbc wonders (knowing this was never going to be accepted) just so that they could break those too for fun.

And so, 136 is about to close, the timer is about to run out and the hall of fame will bear only Meme’s name at the bottom.

Wait a second… I forgot to tell you about Challenger’s secret plan!

Well, it turns out, Challenger’s secret plan was to actually just sit in ocean 88, boosting himself on 3 alt accounts (which TBC leadership were aware of, I have screenshots of tod admitting this) to rank 1 fighter.

He didn’t help with any of the wonder break attempts, and instead just sat on their wonders threatening to break them if any of the leaders called him out on it. (Which of course, he then broke their wonders anyway to form “Black sails” to be his ending alliance for the world).

So be careful, if you see this player on the enemy team in the future, his secret plans will almost certainly guarantee him victory, his tactical mastery knowing no bounds as he sits on the sofa boosting himself from his iPad.

TL DR - Meme won and will be wiping their behinds with their certificates.

8FABC0A1-8F19-4B63-B812-5AEA0A0E86A1.jpeg

Last edited:

topofolympus

Hoplite
1656015785938.pngThis didnt include 2 others alliances TBC had to turn to Rafaelas and the other sh**y alliance. Kuddos, to hugging and still losing.
Suck D good speed

Back2Basics

Chiliarch
even littler known fact, if gaby didn't tell me there was no point in dropping late the dominos never would've started falling to full on drop on this world

oro hof.GIF
Look who could not even get the seven.GIF
A picture of the hall of fame. Two out of seven ain't bad right?

Cor lies 1.jpg
Here is a picture of the grand canyon,

cor lies 2.GIF
here is a map of the grand canyon,

core lies 3.GIF
here are some fun facts about the grand canyon,

core lies 4.jpg
and here is the little shovel I used to dig the grand canyon last week end.

If only I’d backed it all up with accurate maps, pictures, tables, and the Hall of Fame.

Last edited:

Corvidaan

Phrourach
View attachment 16279
View attachment 16280
A picture of the hall of fame. Two out of seven ain't bad right?

View attachment 16273
Here is a picture of the grand canyon,

View attachment 16274
here is a map of the grand canyon,

View attachment 16275
here are some fun facts about the grand canyon,

View attachment 16278
and here is the little shovel I used to dig the grand canyon last week end.

I included accurate maps, pictures, tables, and even the Hall of Fame, so you have to believe me.

did you read part 2? I pointed out that most of meme ghosted and quit, and that 44 turned red.

Challenger boosting away, flourite with his bot cities and 0 battle points are definitely mighty accomplishments, and they deserve to be interred in the hall of fame for all time.

Your lovely trip to the Grand Canyon doesn’t change that Meme stomped TBC and won the world. (As confirmed by the mods)

Good luck next world. Maybe you’ll break your losing streak.

17B8BA29-76CF-49D6-914E-13B7D2E8D0AE.jpeg

Last edited:

bugeyes10

Phrourach
Someone really pointing to the rankings saying "look we were the better alliance" when they literally lost the world
smiley-emoticons-lol.gif

Challenger

Hekatontarch
What a load of bollocks. Although made me laugh. Nobody in the end really cared. Meme won and that was that. Shame you omitted the one stat about the amount of players from Meme that were banned for cheating, that was something you did beat us on hands down.

What was my secret plan? Please explain it to everybody because even I don’t know what it was. Ocean 88 was lovely by the way as there were no kids out there sucking on mama. And the reason my points were so high is because the majority or Meme quit on their teammates and I had more BP tokens than anyone.

Whilst on the subject, Meme weren’t that great. Most cried when they were attacked and the so called good players never once engaged in combat because they knew exactly what happened. Players like Bugs is worthy of a mention as probably the only decent player there. The rest just cried mummy. Especially players like Tops. Other players moaning they were family men and why was i attacking them? Pathetic really

Meme won and you should leave on that.
note. You didn’t win by superior game play. You won because one of our idiots broke the wonders and we could not reclaim the loss. It’s called maths. You should try it sometime. And one final note, never before has any alliance built 4 wonders then lost them all. That’s not teamwork. But who cares. Meme won.

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
What a load of bollocks. Although made me laugh. Nobody in the end really cared. Meme won and that was that. Shame you omitted the one stat about the amount of players from Meme that were banned for cheating, that was something you did beat us on hands down.

What was my secret plan? Please explain it to everybody because even I don’t know what it was. Ocean 88 was lovely by the way as there were no kids out there sucking on mama. And the reason my points were so high is because the majority or Meme quit on their teammates and I had more BP tokens than anyone.

Whilst on the subject, Meme weren’t that great. Most cried when they were attacked and the so called good players never once engaged in combat because they knew exactly what happened. Players like Bugs is worthy of a mention as probably the only decent player there. The rest just cried mummy. Especially players like Tops. Other players moaning they were family men and why was i attacking them? Pathetic really

Meme won and you should leave on that.
note. You didn’t win by superior game play. You won because one of our idiots broke the wonders and we could not reclaim the loss. It’s called maths. You should try it sometime. And one final note, never before has any alliance built 4 wonders then lost them all. That’s not teamwork. But who cares. Meme won.

provide us with the names of banned players lol