Pre-World Nero Discussion Thread

BigBadWolf

Peltast
@Toolan. I am pleased to see these settings and I am going to jump into this world and play it. I like revolt and slower worlds because they last longer and you can take your time with them. Pleas do not change the settings at the last minute I have waited to long for a world like this to change it. Thank you very much.

BigBadWolf

Peltast
For all the people who do not like the settings there will be loads more fast conquest / revolt worlds to come, this kind of world does not come along often for people like me and other people who like these settings. It has to be fair for all players not just the majority, all players.

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
@Baudin Toolan i have a question... how many people still play slow worlds, and if not many, then why are these still being announced/released?
i feel like no one wants to play anything less than speed 3 as bare minimum these days..

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Its not just the slower speed but also that the worlds are open longer. With the faster speed worlds the end games are reached quicker and then finished quicker. This leads to fewer open worlds at a time like at the moment Hydra is in it's endgame phase, Icaria is in the final days of peacetime before closing, and Kimolos and Lemnos could begin their endgame phases in a month and a half or so. The slower speed worlds stay around for a bit longer and while we're not looking to suddenly have every other world be speed 2 it's good to have one on occasion. Like I said it's been 7 or so months since the last one. There will be plenty of high speed worlds coming out this year.

AresSpear8

Hekatontarch
I have played all range of speeds and I must admit the three worlds that I had the most fun in (Emporion, Sinope, and Baris) were are all speed 1 or 2. Worlds that roll along at a slow boil maintain a good player base because most players are not eliminated in the first week and you typically find upwards of ten alliances that can be competitive. Of course, that was then, not sure even a slow world can field these numbers anymore. Also, it allows you to have a life outside of the game and I think a lot of players favor this.

These faster worlds, especially now with all of the insta buy and gold pretty much come down to two alliances and the player base is horribly thin because most are eliminated, discouraged, and dare I say "bullied" right out of the gate.

TheLastKnight

Phrourach
I have played all range of speeds and I must admit the three worlds that I had the most fun in (Emporion, Sinope, and Baris) were are all speed 1 or 2. Worlds that roll along at a slow boil maintain a good player base because most players are not eliminated in the first week and you typically find upwards of ten alliances that can be competitive. Of course, that was then, not sure even a slow world can field these numbers anymore. Also, it allows you to have a life outside of the game and I think a lot of players favor this.

These faster worlds, especially now with all of the insta buy and gold pretty much come down to two alliances and the player base is horribly thin because most are eliminated, discouraged, and dare I say "bullied" right out of the gate.
Agree with everything here my favorite worlds have been slower worlds gives you time outside game to focus on family and I favor a speed two but everyone has different opinions. Cant please everyone release a fast people still got something to complain about, release a slow people still complain about something.

Last edited: