Grepo vs. other games

• Thread starter DeletedUser9300
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser9300

Alright, so I've played [and am playing] numerous other strategy war games such as grepolis.

After about 4 months of gameplay of grepolis, I've decided that it ranks among the top 3 for me.

Why? The conquering system.

In other games, the only way to inflict major damage to one's enemies was leveling their buildings to 0 through specialized units.

And in Grepolis you take their whole damn city. :D

And so, compared to other games, what do you think of Grepolis?
Discuss.

DeletedUser

I can't imagine not being able to take other peoples cities, must be boring :rolleyes:

The best thing I find about Grepolis is that you can't just take 1000 cities and conquer a 10 city person with ease, you can never actually get so large that conquering a 50-100k player will be easy.

Also, it's easy to understand and there aren't hundreds of types of units/buildings to memorize.

If you're active, then you probably grow fast. If you're inactive, then you probably don't. However, you don't have to go on 24/7 like Travian. A few hours suffices and you don't have to give all your attention to the game.

DeletedUser9300

Yeah, that's nice too. The divine favor idea is new as well, and introduces a new aspect to the game. The more I think about it, the more 'unique' Grepolis is :)

DeletedUser

Is there a game like Grepolis or TW but set in space or the future? Pm me if you know :)

DeletedUser

grepo way better than most other stratagey war games and deff better than any other online ones ive played! :D

DeletedUser2663

I beg to differ.
TW is also amazing. I can't say which is better though as they both have very different game mechanics.

i agree. on both games i have got to a decent size and played for the same amount of time. i think TW and grepo are the best but each of them has their own unique style. i think grepo is more strategical but TW is a faster game.

DeletedUser

i agree. on both games i have got to a decent size and played for the same amount of time. i think TW and grepo are the best but each of them has their own unique style. i think grepo is more strategical but TW is a faster game.

I like you have played both games i so far like Grepolis, i didnt like the milli seconds noble trains in tw. this has another demension with the islandscape and using ships

DeletedUser

I used to play Evony but that was ruined because, to be competitive, you had to either: play for a huge amount of hours, or use the Evony Bot to run your account while you were away. Unfortunately, the game developers allowed the Evony Bot to spread to such an extent that all the major players were forced to use it to compete, until at last the game-dev's started banning bot users. Unfortunately it was too late, players had come to depend on the bot for their enjoyment of the game, so left in droves rather than be banned or play without it.

Grepolis is much better. The game mechanics allow you to play less intensively, but with more at stake, better balance, and with a better game experience. I just hope the Grepolis dev's keep bot users under control, or the game will be ruined.

DeletedUser

I like you have played both games i so far like Grepolis, i didnt like the milli seconds noble trains in tw. this has another demension with the islandscape and using ships

I do. Its so much fun to snipe them >:)

DeletedUser1405

I to think Grepolis and TW are by far the most superior, i also think Grep has the slight edge on TW at the moment as its easier for newer players to keep their cities.

DeletedUser

I used to play _____ but that was ruined

I wasnt going to mention names, so I kinda stole your quote, lol (I Hope you dont mind)

The funniest thing about that game is, they had people complaining about how the big guys would come in, take their city, and make them start over. So what did the designers do? They developed a new version,, and in that version, they dont take your city, they just reduce it down to zero, and then stick to you like a leech, taking anything you try to create,so that is even worse then if you lose and have to start over! ROFL!!!! I tried the new version, for about two weeks,,boring,,I play the original, and frankly, it is becoming boring too.

I play quite a few browser games, and think Grep is one of the best. I mean, you dont have to find 5 fairy dust to add to 3 rupples to conjure level 1 boots to give your guy one more attack point, man, I HATE that stuff,,lol I like the West too, although Tribal Wars, well, I have made 6 attempts at playing that game because my son plays it and loves it, but trying to start in an already established server is,,well,,,useless,,lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.