Boring Beta Forum

DeletedUser

• Beta has over 50,000 players - with about 20,000 showing some sort of activity.
  • There have been something in the order of 50 different contributors to this World's forum and over the last few days the activity has dropped and dropped.
Yup - boring indeed.
One of the reasons is a lack of any major wars; at best, some Alliances are farming out the less active/inactives. With no Wars ... there is no real need for PnP. With no skirmishing of any seriousness, Player personalities are not really "on show". Viz-a-vis, if there was a thread (common on most worlds) titled "Rate This Player" what on earth would anyone really be able to say apart from a reference to Grepostats?

The other is frustration that a few serious threads have been derailed by relentless spamming. Thus, some posters that have got questions or a point to make have given up. This world has more Threads and more posts than Alpha ... mostly spam.

It would be nice to see this forum pick up but I doubt anything will happen until the first major wars start. Unfortunately, the "no-limit" to Alliance size will perhaps inevitably mean a series of mergers, disbandments and so on for the next few months and very little actual warfare.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The world is still young. There isn't a lot happening at the moment and at least the spammers kept the forum active. I havent seen very many serious threads so far.........

DeletedUser

I am busy fine tuning my alliance, I will be back mwahahahahahaaaa...

DeletedUser

Theirs nothing to talk about, and very little world news, so for now this forum will be dull.

It'll pick up...eventually...

DeletedUser1405

Most threads are people just learning as they go, we are all asking qusetions of each other at the moment, when the wars start that will stop and the P+P will start.
All forums in new games tend to be slow to start with but most of the time they tend to pick up.

DeletedUser

Most threads are people just learning as they go, we are all asking qusetions of each other at the moment, when the wars start that will stop and the P+P will start.
All forums in new games tend to be slow to start with but most of the time they tend to pick up.

I couldn't agree more Mike, plus you have players like myself who have just been too busy in RL to take the time to post here - a large number will read, but until things get going, they won't often post ;)

DeletedUser1405

We are all complaining that the forums are boring but its us who are on here, we all need to go back to our alliances and get more players to at least visit the out of game forum that way at least we know we arent banging on without doing anything about it.

And Telamon you like it you can rep it if you want :D

DeletedUser

And Telamon you like it you can rep it if you want :D

I always forget to do that - so you have the honour of being the first since you reminded me :p

On topic of course - it goes to show that we are here and still reading!! ;)

..don't worry Karl, a fair number of us are not so easily led off to the start of new worlds, so you'll get enough challenges later on :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1405

Most of us wont be going anywhere fast so enjoy while you can Karl. Yes it is slow but it will pick up sooner rather than later.

DeletedUser

Most of us wont be going anywhere fast so enjoy while you can Karl. Yes it is slow but it will pick up sooner rather than later.

Agreed!(i'd rep you if i hadn't already;))

Most people wont be leaving, personally i'm just using gamma as a way to see what i could have done better on beta. I like it but, prefer beta. Although we do need our own tabloid;) Leggy did a great job of doing one for gamma world.

DeletedUser

Hmm, ive been reading and i thought beta was the world everyone was doing :/ i've climbed in ranks and dont really feel like starting over, but do you guys think i should? or do you think that eventually beta wold will pick up with more active players?

DeletedUser

Hmm, ive been reading and i thought beta was the world everyone was doing :/ i've climbed in ranks and dont really feel like starting over, but do you guys think i should? or do you think that eventually beta wold will pick up with more active players?

More active players? Theres already 20,000 actives. Just the external forums aren't what they were a few weeks ago.

DeletedUser1405

Stay where you are friend,in Beta, there are enough active people in Beta to make it interesting and because none of us know whats going to happen later in the game, it will become even more interesting as time goes on.
Remember this when you see all the players who had early starts on you, they know just as much as you and in some cases will help with advice when needed.

DeletedUser

Hey... is there any way to move from beta to gamma without logging in and out. Going back and forth is a pain. It would be nice if there is a way to switch realms/worlds.

I use one in Google Chrome, and the other in Firefox.

Much easier that way.

And I have noticed the inactivity.

My alliance was the same way in our forums as the externals, only about 5-6 people actually posting unless it is a roll call for activity, or a poll.

I certainly agree though, lots of merging and disbanding, in the future, there will be.

Only a few alliances will end up eventually, IMHO, with active members, and the rest will all quit, leaving the serious players to pwn, and a lot of empty villages to farm, and add a completely different strategy, especially if someone completely takes over one of the larger islands, or something of the like.

DeletedUser

Here I thought we had clear skies ahead .. oh well ..

BTW this Forum has 160 threads and over 3500 posts.. which compared to Alpha with 130 threads & 2600 posts or so , is busy enuff for me =)

SO you spammers can go help alpha's forum some maybe ?

DeletedUser1405

Ive also noticed the discussions are getting deeper as well in here, they are more game based,a lot of people are asking the right questions and are now getting real answers instead of the remarks they were getting a few weeks ago.
More experience leads to better forums.

DeletedUser

I am not planning on dividing my attention from this world. I learned my lesson about that in TW.