Grepolis 2.0 soon! Discussion

DeletedUser

Discuss the upcoming changes of the 2.0 Grepolis patch here!

The Hanging Gardens of Babylon:

bildschirmfoto20101111un.png

The Lighthouse of Alexandria (added Nov 15th, 2010):

second10.png

The Colossus of Rhodes (added Nov 19th, 2010):

bildschirmfoto20101119u.png

The Great Pyramid of Giza (added Nov 19th, 2010):

bildschirmfoto20101117u.png

The world wonders are just the beginning of the 2.0 features! please share your thoughts about the upcoming patch.

Hello Players,

We, at InnoGames, are proud to present you some of the new features for Grepolis 2.0, and from now on we will reveal a new (2.0) game feature each week!

So this week’s feature is: World wonders!

In Grepolis 2.0 alliances can construct all seven world wonders: The Great Pyramid of Giza, the Hanging Gardens of Babylon, the Statue of Zeus at Olympia, the Temple of Artemis, the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus, the Colossus of Rhodes and the Lighthouse of Alexandria.

Alliances will be able to communally build world wonders, but it will cost a lot of resources and will be divided into 10 stages. Each stage must be finished before the next can be started.

The entire island must be under control of the alliance, this means that if a town, on the island, is lost to another alliance during a world wonder construction level, both the level and all used resources will be lost. The use of favor will accelerate the building process.

And to make things more competitive, each world wonder can only be completed once in every world. Other alliances can build the same world wonder, but they wont be able to “complete” the construction. The goal is to control as many world wonders as possible.

Further effects of world wonders will be explained in the near future.

We hope you enjoyed this feature and as a bonus here is a sneak a peek world wonder.

bildschirmfoto20101111un.png

We will release have more graphics to show you every 2 to 3 days.

Next week’s game feature will be: The new and improved farming system!

Please post your feedback to this post here!

Until next week,

The Grepolis team.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Four questions:
Where will the wonders be viewable in game?
Do ghost towns count as uncontrolled cities?
Other than pride is there a benefit to controlling the wonders?
Can the wonders be captured?

DeletedUser

I think it sounds quite promising, but I do hope there is a bit more substance to it. The idea of controlling these and it giving no benefits might make the novelty wear off in a short period of time.

Kind of like what happened with Mt Olympus that was trialled in Beta (I think it was Beta??). I really liked that concept, but from reading the updates on the forum it seemed like interest really died down after the initial hype. Will you offer similiar rewards to what was offered for that as a prize for the alliance to capture this?

Will these wonders be available from Day 1 of a server starting? I think it would be a good idea to stagger the amount of time between each wonder can be successfully built. This would help keep the interest going, and if you have it at the start it would encourage people to work together and participate (especially new players who might not know the importance of this).

DeletedUser

Very nice :)

As always there is the question's such as "Will it be implemented on new worlds or current ones as well?" and "BUT WHAT DO THEY DO?!"

As Gordon said, more things will be revealed soon, be patient :)

As for the overall concept, it will bring another competitive element to alliance "warfare". Rather than sending troops at each other (military competition) there will now a building competition (Cultural)

DeletedUser5

This is the first I've heard about them, so don't take my thoughts as being right - they are probably far from it.

I would imagine that they will be available from day 1, however, that the costs will be that great that it won't really be possible to build them until much later in the game.

Something I'm wondering is, if an alliance does manage to build one, so they maintained control of that island all through the building process, what happens if one of the cities on that island gets taken over? Does the wonder stay there, or will it disappear? Will those cities on this island be protected from being taken over, so as this situation can't occur?

There are going to be benefits to having control of these, as has already been said in Gordopolis' post. I would imagine that all options about them will be within the tribe pages somewhere, but that they'll be visible on the islands themselves.

DeletedUser

is this another Grepolis game or an update?

It's the same game, but with a few improvements. Think of it as an upgrade (AKA a patch).

As far as I can tell, it hasn't been announced wether these changes will be put in place on all existing servers, or just implemented as each new server gets released. Should be interesting!

DeletedUser2663

"The entire island must be under control of the alliance,"

Dose this mean an alliance has to control the whole island including the anchor points? so eg have every single anchor point turned into a city?

DeletedUser10081

"The entire island must be under control of the alliance,"

Dose this mean an alliance has to control the whole island including the anchor points? so eg have every single anchor point turned into a city?

um i think so:heh:

DeletedUser5

is this another Grepolis game or an update?

This is our first major update to the game.

Each update that you get fortnightly, they are just minor updates, doing bugfixes and such, sometimes introducing small features into the game.

In major updates, the developers spend a long time working on them (this has been in the pipeline for many months now), and try to include as many features as they can that they think are good to add. They also add some big new features, such as this new Wonder idea.

However, don't fret, this is still the same game.

DeletedUser

So lets say some alliance finishes their wonder. And My alliance wants to finish ours. Would someone have to gain a city on that island to destroy their wonder, letting my alliance finish ours?

DeletedUser10081

This is our first major update to the game.

Each update that you get fortnightly, they are just minor updates, doing bugfixes and such, sometimes introducing small features into the game.

In major updates, the developers spend a long time working on them (this has been in the pipeline for many months now), and try to include as many features as they can that they think are good to add. They also add some big new features, such as this new Wonder idea.

However, don't fret, this is still the same game.

when this is implanted will anything change?

DeletedUser

They're not going to force Morale and Revolt onto the earlier worlds that don't have it with this update are they?