Blast from The Past

DeletedUser

Semper Fi...EVERYWHERE! :D

SM was based in O46 and partial O45.

SWAT: Everywhere

The Illuminati: Always been based in O56/O66

I'm not quite sure on GH but I know they were northern core

420s everywhere. Although atm they have a decent base in O57.

DeletedUser

9. Followers of Ares:

Good Followers of Ares members got recruited by other alliances. They eventually fell around may.

Kings Blade and Flux merged

Semper Fieldis was an alliance before Kings blade merged in. They were around 4th and became 1st after Kings blade merged in. HYDRA merged into Semper fieldis too. As much as I can remember ozemendisz kicked out all the members and KillaBanana was banned for having 5 accounts to back up his main.

http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?t=4091

queen mab as usual

Bjamer and 8kin formed SWAT. No more information about them

Bjamer founded SWAT but was later kicked by 8kin because of inactivity. SWAT recruited a lot of people, around 50 or so pages worth of invites on their alliance thingymabob

Royal tiger:

http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?t=4624

Nice little thread about rise of the phoenix by Emperor Bob.

http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?t=1935

Paper Kitties!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hi Yogesh, interesting project !

A little more background on Fusion. One of 3 alliances that formed Fusion was the Vigilante Pirates, which were themselves formed from an equal merger of "The Vigilantes" and the "The Pirate Captives". The Vigilante Pirates dominated ocean 75, before combining with Orions Elite (ocean 64) and Nightmares Of Elysium (ocean 65) to form Fusion as a strategic response to encroachments into these 3 oceans by Grepohugs.

"The Vigilantes" and the "The Pirate Captives" were 1st generation alliances, so have no additional ancestry.

:)

DeletedUser

Semper Fi disbands:
1) a mole got into KB account and kick all the players out
2) one of the council members wanted to leave the game and though it was a good joke to kick the members again.

DeletedUser2663

lol dk was bad but considering how many decent players it actually had in it it may have been a purely leadership problem. man imagine how it would of turned out if it had decent leadership

DeletedUser

I would like to back up my former prediction of the Illum failing. At the time, I was aware that their original leader was leaving the game. Alliances don't usually survive the loss of their original leader (experience from TW).

Chrss made Illum an exception. :)

DeletedUser

I thought that my comment will spice it up a bit, but did not get response from Illuminati. What a bust.

DeletedUser

I would like to back up my former prediction of the Illum failing. At the time, I was aware that their original leader was leaving the game. Alliances don't usually survive the loss of their original leader (experience from TW).

Chrss made Illum an exception. :)
WP would be a grepolis example :p:( i miss being in that alliance it was very organised and great fun :)

DeletedUser

Pe not only survived without its Original Leaders but got much much better than it was.

Not that we are big bad and ugly, but we are a lot better than we were when the elders were here :)

DeletedUser

Hephaestuses Rage info.

I saw Hephaestuses Rage was mentioned a few times, and have some info if anyone is interested. (If you don't care about HR, you can skip my post. :p )

I was probably the reason for the collapse of it, and the 'supposed' merge into Serpentine Medea.

Back when Gamma was brand new, Ocean 45 was looking pretty bleak. There was Serpentine Medea, GrepoHugs, and a few others around. But other than them, Ocean 45 lacked quality alliances almost entirely. Most of them were MRA or recruiting inactive players. (Sorry I can't remember specific names at this point)

Personally, I didn't want to join (or at least try to join) SM or GH. I try to avoid big forum personality alliances. But there was an alliance called, "United Alliances", led by a nice guy, but he was rather clueless how to lead. Making the best of a potentially bad situation, I joined them. In trying to guide the alliance, I eventually picked up all leadership powers.

The guy leading before me had UA spread across all 4 core oceans. Somewhat less than an MRA, but still not a pretty picture. Eventually support lines were getting slashed and members far out of the big picture couldn't be supported if we wanted to. Several internal conversations took place, and we basically split into UA East (O55) and UA West (45). Almost instantly, UA East died, and UA West was renamed to Hephaestuses Rage to represent our new alliance.

Using my TW experience, I made HR a decent alliance. We showed that we could quickly climb the charts, but being newly forged, lost a lot of our BP stats. Nearing the end of HR, we had 45 completely locked down, except for the advancing Serpentine Medea from the North/Northeast.

We had a good alliance with the up-and-coming, Knights of Freedom (Knights of Honor?) in O35. O55 was in good standing with diplomacy, and our closest threat (other than SM) was League of Erinyes, which were aways from us in 46, doing their own thing. We had a few run-ins with Illumanti on the south-east of 45 when the merged some broken alliance down there, but nothing escalated. (Wish I could find my old maps, I believe one was leaked onto the Gamma forums at one point).

SM was rolling through some of our villages as we were being formed under a type of tyranny. Credit mostly goes to Hellraiser. But we held our own. At the time, we were pretty equal on stats with Force Recon, Illumanti, and Stag Nation. We had some decent players, Leiffe, Speedyboy, eumenes, peterheata, daiju, just to name a few. (Of which i'm sure none of their names are familiar anymore). But as the trend goes, about this time we lost some very key players. They simply didn't want to devote time anymore. On the bright side, SM lost a lot of their forward players in 45 to the same cause.

But, summer was ending and I had to follow suite. I couldn't afford to play due to starting college. Sadly, I was the one doing just about everything. Diplomacy, forum moding, coordination... you name it. I put some other players in elected leadership rolls that they wanted. And thinking I was leaving the alliance in excellent shape, I quit. It wasn't but a week, and I guess the other guys never stepped up. The alliance broke up.

Active and aggressive players replaced the SM masses we worked hard to defend against. Not sure what happened to the core of the alliance, but it appears none of the familiar faces are left.

Ocean 45 should have little defenses left at this point. Could have been pretty easy to absorb players or take cities.

Sorry if that's too much, haha. More complete for the Gamma encyclopedia, right? :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

DeletedUser

So what happened to Stag Nation? I remember that they were a decent alliance but then they just kinda dropped off the face of the Earth.

DeletedUser

So what happened to Stag Nation? I remember that they were a decent alliance but then they just kinda dropped off the face of the Earth.

Wish I could tell you for sure, my memory is pretty hazy, but I think a lot merged into Serpentine Medea, there was some info on this a few pages back.

And glad to help yogesh, I don't check the Gamma forums much anymore and randomly ran into this. I hope some others can help you. :)

DeletedUser

Royal Tiger was a Right Royal Shambles

:heh: As a newbie to the game 12 months ago I joined R T for the same reason as most of the other 600 did , there were loads in that Alliance nearby , and the stats said they were the biggest thing in the game , so I ran in under their skirts for my own security .
It didnt take long to realise from the Forum that the thing was being led by an unlovely juvenile psychopath from eastern Europe called Thossen whose amusingly worded posts and exhortations on the Alliance Forum were matched by extreme paranoia and lack of "people skills" .
An early post of mine on the Alliance forum was rewarded with a wholly unexpected appointment as Alliance Diplomat with a peremptory order to make Allies and NAPs with every other Alliance in the game . (What the F ???)My mild pointing out that all this would achieve would be wallpaper for the RT profile met with a savage response , so I waited until something better came along and then a whole group of us jumped out of the back window together and joined Force Recon .
That , under GyroHero , was a much better run thing altogether , but at the North end of the map was hard up against Serpentine Medea ( then under Mad Queen Mab ) a very early elite Alliance who were way ahead - well , two or three weeks , which was quite enough to cave us in .
We had got the "Conquer cities"Alliance illness at the stage the attack started and were slower than we should have been to face about and counter the attack , but slowed the thing after a fortnight to a costly attrition battle , at which point someone devious pointed out that killing each other just helped every other Alliance roundabout , and how about a merger ?
In the course of Discussions one or two of S M s got a tad rude , and it was Spring and time to play with other (Real Life) things so I kamikaze'd everything at their most discourteous and went out to sit in the sun instead .
I see Vets from S M , from F R , and from R T are still playing and are on page 1 of the rankings , well HELLO THERE BOYS AND GIRLS it's winter again and look who is back !

DeletedUser2663

NmE rimmed a few of thier members that were in O65 i think, if we didnt rim em we definatly did some serious damages to a couple of their players. i cant remember to well as it was ages ago. i think the rest merged into other alliances as well. Mainly SM i think.