Get Rid of God Supporting

• Thread starter The Great Toast
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I forgot... oh well, whats the mods opinion?

This Mod thinks this entire thread is more about boosting post counts than anything else.

The only time gods have anything to do with support is when someone sends mythical units from a different god. When this happens, the god rejects the entire army because of the abhorrent creatures. Regular troops are not lined up in front of the temple to be scrutinised by the priestess.

DeletedUser

This thred was confusing me cant you support with normal units to citys with different gods cus I did that in the past and it worked its just myth units that didnt.

DeletedUser

Hi... 1st post. New to forum. Had idea. Must pooossst!

So here is a wee addition to the "super-temple" idea.
Maybe it could be in the middle... i.e. to build a super temple you must not have either left nor right final tier buildings built and have all other buildings up to full...

And how bout this. With this super temple anyone can support you with whatever myth units they want. Unfair... here's the catch. You cannot worship any god in that city. Good for citys that have lots of rec and support the alliance in a resource giving way. Kinda new to this game so not sure if ppl do that?!?

Just an Idea. :)

p.s. if your wondering what the smeg my name is. Think digital. Think analogue. Think monkeys. Think someone who likes analogue synths and climbs trees and generally acts like a monkey. Now splat those togetha and shake~up da spelling and add tha caps for uber cool silliness. Hey-presto! - *!AnaLoGMunKy!*

DeletedUser11798

cloud279 yeah you can it works with normal units in diffrent cities with diffrent gods doesent with mythics tho.

DeletedUser

I know but the mods always decide to ignore all my threads!

were smart that way :p

and this idea has been brought up before and squashed. Best way to do things is tell people what god that city has and you wont have to worry about support being turned away at the gates.

Your comparing this game to real life? yes cities had multipul gods.. but really.. there were also murders and thieves in the night.. so does this mean when you log off to go to bed we can empty your resources before you wake up and declair its economics :p

Real life is real life.. If we made this game realistic.. oh geez the coding that would take. and the complainers that would make.. so lets just leave it fake :)

DeletedUser1405

So even though a large percentage are in favour of this idea it wont get a vote, the positiive comments on this idea alone should take it to a vote then it can be decided from there how to take it forward.

DeletedUser

So even though a large percentage are in favour of this idea it wont get a vote, the positiive comments on this idea alone should take it to a vote then it can be decided from there how to take it forward.

Aye, I agree.

~V

DeletedUser

I still think my Uber-Temple idea has a lil something to it no!

DeletedUser

The Uber-Temple is a good Idea... but that would be a whole other idea!

DeletedUser

It would solve the first idea tho... which would make the whole thing jam and penutbutterlike onto one piece of bread. Im hungry now!

DeletedUser13436

This Mod thinks this entire thread is more about boosting post counts than anything else.

The only time gods have anything to do with support is when someone sends mythical units from a different god. When this happens, the god rejects the entire army because of the abhorrent creatures. Regular troops are not lined up in front of the temple to be scrutinised by the priestess.

The Gods are not that narrow minded or discriminant! If an army is sent with mythical units only the mythical "abhorent creatures" should be send back and the regular ones kept as support. In addition all the four current grepolis gods are a part of a family!:p Why would they send the "abhorent creatures" patronized by a close relative?:p
Raise this idea for a vote.

DeletedUser

i hate it when you accidentally send myth units, then you can't support your allaince member. This rule needs changing.

DeletedUser

I think that you should just do away with god supporting. It is useless. Either tell your supportors wich god you use, or buzz off!

PS: one thing that could help this is this, a warning that says, this player does not use your god or something.

DeletedUser

Weighing in late

I agree with the mods, that this isn't a problem for non-mythological units, I play mostly on Gamma and have NEVER had a problem with regular units being turned away. I do have one question that I haven't encountered the answer so far. Does anyone have any idea if you can send mythologicals of any sort to a city that doesn't worship ANY deity? I usually set a deity immediately after a conquest completes, so have never had the opportunity to test this out on my own. As an aside, if it is possible, is there any way to clear a city of ALL deitys once you've set it? The only option I am aware of is to change deities to something else, but I'm talking about changing it to NO deity at all.

DeletedUser13436

I agree with the mods, that this isn't a problem for non-mythological units, I play mostly on Gamma and have NEVER had a problem with regular units being turned away. I do have one question that I haven't encountered the answer so far. Does anyone have any idea if you can send mythologicals of any sort to a city that doesn't worship ANY deity? I usually set a deity immediately after a conquest completes, so have never had the opportunity to test this out on my own. As an aside, if it is possible, is there any way to clear a city of ALL deitys once you've set it? The only option I am aware of is to change deities to something else, but I'm talking about changing it to NO deity at all.

You can send any myth to support a city with no diety. With regard to your next question I have been wondering about that for a little while; the only way I know is to demolish the temple.

DeletedUser

PS: one thing that could help this is this, a warning that says, this player does not use your god or something.

If they do that then it will be really easy to know which god your opponent have in that city. You can send and cancel until you know which god your opponent is supporting and you can use this information to figure out whether he can cast sea storm or zeus rage.

DeletedUser

yes, I know. just a idea. It really doesn't make that big of a difference though if you cast a spell on your attack, he can't cast one.

Status
Not open for further replies.