How Much Is Too Much? (Favor Production)

DeletedUser

Notes:
- This is not a question.
- Feel free to delete this if there is another thread with the same topic.

As we all know, the equation for total favor production for any one god is:
y = sqrt x
Where
y = Total Production
x = Sum of the levels of all Temples worshiping said god

And if we assume that all Temples are level 25, then we can use this equation:

y = 5 sqrt x
Where
y = Total Production
x = Number of cities worshiping said god

We will be using the second equation.

Here's a scenario: You want to produce 1 Manticore per day. In order to do this, you need to produce 405/24 favor per hour, or 16.875. We can use this equation to determine how many cities you need:

16.875 = 5 sqrt x

To get the answer, you must simplify.

16.875 = 5 sqrt x
3.375 = sqrt x
x = 11.39

You always round up, so the answer is 12 cities with level 25 Temples worshiping Zeus.

So what if you want to produce 2 Manticores per day? We simply solve again and get the answer of 46 cities. WOW!

This brings up the question: How much is too much? To help you decide, I've made this list. The format is
(Cities with Temple 25 worshiping same god / Favor Production)

1 / 5
4 / 10
9 / 15
16 / 20
25 / 25
36 / 30
49 / 35
64 / 40
81 / 45
100 / 50

The increase in your total favor production for a god is modeled by the equation

y = (5 sqrt (x + 1)) - (5 sqrt x)
Where
y = Change
x = Initial Amount of Cities

Here is a list, using the format
(Number of lvl 25 Temples worshiping > Number of Temples + 1 / Change)

0 > 1 / 5
1 > 2 / 2.07
4 > 5 / 1.18
9 > 10 / 0.811
16 > 17 / 0.62
25 > 26 / 0.5
36 > 37 / 0.41
49 > 50 / 0.36
64 > 65 / 0.31
81 > 82 / 0.28
100 > 101 / 0.25

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This applies to a speed 1 world i gues?

yes... other worlds you multiply the equation by world speed.

one other thing to add in is divine statues, though it won't make a huge difference to the point you're making (count as 5lvls of temple)

DeletedUser

You can never really have enough, because by the time you are capable of making 50 favor an hour, you will need it.

DeletedUser13405

What about adding in Divine Statue as a variable? It would cut the number of cities you needed to accomplish whatever goal you were pursuing.

DeletedUser

What about adding in Divine Statue as a variable? It would cut the number of cities you needed to accomplish whatever goal you were pursuing.

That would change the equation from y = 5 sqrt x to y = 5.48 sqrt x.

DeletedUser

Does anything happen if you have a lv 25 Temple with a Divine Statue? Does it yield over 5 favor per hour, or does the divine statue only bring up 5 levels?

DeletedUser

Good job on this, really. This is exactly what I was looking for. It may also the first practical use for algebra I've seen. :p

0signature.jpg

DeletedUser

To make 1 manticora a day, you can either have 12 cities with maxed temple OR 10 cities with maxed temple and a divine statue (Which is what i have now) :p