War Tales

DeletedUser

Im not Endalos and my English is not that perfect but just for fun woud like to start a new thread in an old Pergamum fashion.

DeletedUser

Chapter One - origins of the conflict

In the far far far East of Delta evil forces of Tiberius the Proud were preparing to put an end to the civilised Western lands ruled by a wise King Fortyfour. Eastern oceans were not enough for them, they wanted the whole Delta to be drowned in darkness of their empire built on torment of local tribes.

The history of these lands (ocean 75 mainly) is not a nice tale must warn you....This God forgotten ocean gave the name for one of its first kingdoms - The Forgotten. Lack of any kind of civil law, only barbarian tribes fighting each other, the terrible dark magic rituals celebrated there were enough reason for the western civilisations to forget about this wild part of Delta. When finally big part of local population was united under rule of their new master, things started to change - first leading structures appeared. This new kingdom named itself The Forgotten.

However there was another tribe in ocean 75 - The Phoenix. These people corrupted by old gods, were known for their greed and dark rituals. The true origins of their name has little to do with attributes of the fire spirit. Phoenix - noble creature - represents everything that these tribes deny. The name Phoenix comes from rather ugly history... You see, when most people think of a TFP headdress, the first image that comes to mind is a full phoenix-feather warbonnet. Like this typical TFP warrior:

5050486.jpg

The most probable version says that ocean 75 was once a home for these beautiful and mystical birds. First people who settled there were obsessed with its colorful plumage and a tail of gold and scarlet. Their primitive desire to collect shiny things pushed them to violate the nests of these sacred creatures. Phoenix birds during "spiritual" and "transcendental" dark magic rituals were being killed and sucrifised in the name of some primitive gods. These barbiarians believed that drinking golden birds blood will make them half-gods on earth... That blood only corrupted their souls and stunnned minds, making of them servants of their new god - Tiberius the Proud, the one whose feet has never stood on a battlefield but his primitive manipulations were all he needed to control already corrupted tribe members.
The slaughter of the mistical creatures led to corruption of all tribes performing these dark rituals. Once corrupted, they became greed and couldnt think of anything else than drowning the rest of the world in blood...

The golden phoenix feathers were highly revered by these peaople and would only be awarded to the warrior that performed the bravest of all war deeds - War chiefs leading their men to battles, without fear of death.

5050498.png

5050496.jpg

On the above pictures we see typical TFP warriors charging DoA cities with only one purpose - to die for their master Tibs. Jumping into the void is the only purpose of their lifes, in death they seek catharsis...

Thats the source of the unbreakable ("proud") attitude, higly valued among them. After such a sucrifice (like the one pictued above) an elaborate ceremony for crowning warriors with feather headdresses would be held in which some warriors would even be painted by blood red in honor of their acts.

The forgotten merged with Phoenix tribes in their evil crusade against the civilised cultures of west. They wanted more and more lands, servants and shinies. The vision of a total domination pushed these tribes to conquer everyone around with any measures acceptable. Betrayals, lies, bullying, backstabbing... everything was in TFP arsenal. Corrupted minds couldnt any more distinguish light from darkness - seeking "glory", understood as bloodshed, they were pushing more oceans into the void...

Local weak kingdoms out of fear subordinated their new masters, however Disciples of Ares standing on guard of light and western civilisations was doing what it could to stop Eastern hordes from changing their land into another lost and forgotten by gods ocean....

Stay tuned - 2 chapter with some great illustrations coming very soon

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It's not really going to make interesting reading if your so much better than your enemy. Your hero needs to be flawed in some way and the underdog. Without that the reader will not be sympathetic to him and will get bored very, very quickly.

Those combat reports don't match you story either. You say it's The Forgotten war mongering and looking for blood, but the combat report shows an inexperenced warror desperately trying to lift a seige on a friends city. A city occupied by the (so called) 'guard of light' with overwelming forces.

The next report is an attack on your city after your conquest with another weak force that was destroyed with ease. Some evil cursade.......

DeletedUser

Grom nice story to bad their are so many haters around. Keep it up and some criticism should just be ignored.

DeletedUser

Warchief Tegi claims that my illustrations (taken from the battlefields) dont match my description of their people, values and rituals. However as our wise scientists (anthropologists) reported:
"On the above pictures we see typical TFP warriors charging DoA cities with only one purpose - to die for their master Tibs. Jumping into the void is the only purpose of their lifes, in death they seek catharsis... "

you must start to read things carefully warchief Tegi - everyone can see that the only purpose of these attacks was to die in own blood, the more the better ;) It was one of these wild raids organised by your people after whole night rituals, during which they drink some dodgy mixtures made of unkown recipe, after which they run to a battle seeking blood and death. If it was an organised and planned attack they would have sent offensive ships not jumped on the first boats that were avaible in their harbor (defensive ships in this case or transport ships only). We all know that your people are known for bloodlust not for an organised war efforts.

In upcoming chapter 2!
-How DoA managed to free ocean 76 from TFP warchiefs tyranny.
-Valkyrie song and circuis trained Manticores in action!
-Also, how DoA countermined a secret TFP construction of a huge army of war machines (planning to bombard the West and change it into a pile of rocks shocking !!!)

---------------------------------------
unofficial note:
lol i wasnt expecting any positive comments from TFP :) i just did that for fun
@Tegi - this is my story and I will stick to it, write your own :p
what flaws? its a story about good knights against bad sauron type ogres ;P

DeletedUser

This TFP warrior didnt deserve the phoenix-feather warbonnet - he hasnt managed to sucrfice all his people. Now he is attacking again, hoping for more luck this time and to wash shame away...
Who knows, maybe if he wont manage this time, he might be banned from his tribe!

FireShotcapture024-%27Grepolis-Eclipsin%27-en4_grepolis_com_game_alliance_action%3Dforum%26town_id%3D70951%26forum%5Bthread_id%5D%3D136141%26forum%5Baction%5D%3Dlastpost.png

DeletedUser

I've got a mac and I can't see the pix. :(

I love the story though, GROM, and I hope you update and put up ch 2.

DeletedUser

It's unfortunate the pictures are gone but It was well done.

DeletedUser

I hope you can see the pictures now
before i could see them but apparently nobody except me :)

part 2 is almost ready :)

DeletedUser

Yes I can see them now, thanks... some entertaining reports their to be sure.

DeletedUser

ROFL in tears...Its almost a very sad story. The headdress stuff is too funny...I can't stop laughing.

DeletedUser5270

Chapter 2 - The Actual Origins of the Conflict

War Chief Tibs looked into the distance and gave a big sigh as he leaned on his walking stick and remember the glories of years gone by. How the great plagues of DOA and IOA had spread over the land. He got lost in his thoughts and remembered the glories of days gone by and how close Delta came to totally falling under the control of the DOA pestilance.

One alliance after another was gobbled up without a fight. The evil DOA was coming closer and closer to the borders of the great and Democratic Forgotten Phoenix. The hope of being able to prosper whilst being forgotten was slowly dying. The only chance was to forge alliances with the noble warriors of Pergamum and the Weak but stronghearted Rainmaker in one last bid to stop the plague spreading even further.

But alas the plague had spread quicker than anyone could have imagined. First pergamum fell without a fight, their noble hearts being corrupted overnight as they turned into the fallen warriors of the night. The stench of the plague oozing from their now undead limbs.

Rainmaker were too close to Pergamum, their conflict with them meant that the plague easily spread to them too. The civilized TFP were now surrounded by the stigmatised and wretched enemy. They had to make a choice, stand and fight, though it may prove hopeless, or give in and be swallowed without a fight just as Pergamum had been.

Tibs knew the warriors of TFP would never give in without a fight. Merging into DOA was an act of cowardice and TFP would never follow in Pergamum's cowardly path. TFP would fight. TFP would stand up for what it believed in and TFP would give the biggest longest hardest fight that DOA had ever had. And though there would be hard times ahead, GOD willing TFP would be victorious.

It was now 53 years since TFP had finally overcome and defeated DOA and its pawn IOA. The war had been long and hard. It had even looked at times as if the plague of DOA would win through, but TFP stood firm like a rock, no matter how many set backs TFP suffered, they continued to fight, they continued to survive, biding their time until the moment when they would strike DOA down into the ground and free Delta from their diseased presence forever.

Tibs remembered his rousing speech from when things were at their darkest, he remembered how it had sent confidence through all and had acted as a springboard to eventual victory.

We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of suffering. You ask, what is our policy? I will say: It is to wage war, by sea, land, and air, with all our might and with all the strength that God can give us; to wage war against a monstrous tyranny never surpassed in the dark, lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy. You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: It is victory, victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be.

Tibs then remembered his victory speech when TFP finally overcame DOA.

Never in the history of human conflict had so much been owed by so many to so few.

This was so true for the whole of Delta owed their freedom to the noble warriors of TFP.

DeletedUser

Dont like chapter two at all....the writer seems to have missed something grom when you are able please re write this chapter as eloquently as you wrote the first....

DeletedUser5270

Dont like chapter two at all....the writer seems to have missed something grom when you are able please re write this chapter as eloquently as you wrote the first....

Of course you didn't like it. You are in IOA. I being in TFP didn't like GROM's chapter. Funny that isn't it. I gave more of a TFP angle to an otherwise DOA talking shop.