Grepolis 2.0: New Interface

DeletedUser

I love the new interface just one thing that should be added in my opinion. It is awesome how you do can look at your build queue's from your barracks from the quick bar up top as well as trades and your troop movement. Just need to add the same for your building build times. It would be great and would eliminate the clicking on the city overview tab to see how much time is left on your buildings before they are completed.

That and it seemed a little tedious that every time you refresh the screen your city overview window pops up and you have to X out of it to farm. If we are going to be farming every 10 minutes it would be nice to eliminate having to click out of that window every time. Other than those two things it is very good.

DeletedUser

If you go into Settings, look at the City Overview box, uncheck "Open automatically at the start of the game", window will no,longer pop-up everytime you refresh.

DeletedUser

Ooo yes that is much better thank you. I would still like to see a tab that shows your building times since you can see everything else from the main screen without having to go into the city overview tab.

DeletedUser

Are any of these nice new features going to be available in current worlds? I would at least like to see the farming option upgraded to the 2.0 method. It is currently much to tedious as it is now.

DeletedUser

Yeah on my laptop i cant open certain things like reports and the senate by clicking the picture of the building such things.

But i like the farming alot saves alot of time especialy if u have loads of city's.

DeletedUser

Me & my brother are taking turns testing one account, so far so good! 1 thing... where is the fullscreen feature? We both agree, feels awkward without fullscreen feature!

We noticed wasting a lot of time minimizing & moving multiple windows. Fullscreen would add some room to accommodate.

DeletedUser

Me & my brother are taking turns testing one account, so far so good! 1 thing... where is the fullscreen feature? We both agree, feels awkward without fullscreen feature!

We noticed wasting a lot of time minimizing & moving multiple windows. Fullscreen would add some room to accommodate.

I assume you mean a full-screen feature for the city overview or reports? The windows will be modified in the future, however if a full screen option will be available is not decided yet.

FYI...If you go to Settings-> Window management, and set it to 1, the current window will automatically close when you click on a new window. This may increase your game speed, as you mentioned you felt the window management "wasted" time. However this will not allow you to view two items at once and compare them.

Are any of these nice new features going to be available in current worlds? I would at least like to see the farming option upgraded to the 2.0 method. It is currently much to tedious as it is now.

Once 2.0 is has been implemented and it is running smoothly on the new worlds, we will announce if the old worlds will be updated and to what extent.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

gordo you shouldn't double post! :p

but on-topic, i though 2.0 would be implanted on all worlds when released :eek:

DeletedUser

all i get is a loading sign and it does nothing now, what changed:Angry:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I assume you mean a full-screen feature for the city overview or reports? The windows will be modified in the future, however if a full screen option will be available is not decided yet.

FYI...If you go to Settings-> Window management, and set it to 1, the current window will automatically close when you click on a new window. This may increase your game speed, as you mentioned you felt the window management "wasted" time. However this will not allow you to view two items at once and compare them.

Actually I do not mind those little windows anymore. However, what I meant by fullscreen, is not to be confused with "maximize" window. By fullscreen, I mean where browser is hidden & nothing but game content is seen. Do you know what I mean?

(& thanks for fyi!)

DeletedUser

I don't like the new interface at all. I don't really like the new farming system either.

What most irritates me is that I can't have more than one tab open at a time.

I probably won't play grepolis if the new interface is the only version available in the future.

DeletedUser

is this world coming out on sunday or on moday because the timer says two days from now

DeletedUser

Actually I do not mind those little windows anymore. However, what I meant by fullscreen, is not to be confused with "maximize" window. By fullscreen, I mean where browser is hidden & nothing but game content is seen. Do you know what I mean?

(& thanks for fyi!)

Well, surely you can do that through your browser. F11 work for you?

TheGryphon said:
I don't like the new interface at all. I don't really like the new farming system either.

What most irritates me is that I can't have more than one tab open at a time.

I probably won't play grepolis if the new interface is the only version available in the future.

The new interface takes a while to get used to, I'll admit I hated it at first. However, after a while, you'll find you'll get more used to it and eventually, when you have a significant amount of towns, you'll start loving it. Keep trying it, fiddle with the settings if need be. Try turning down the maximum amount of windows open to 1 for a while :p

With the tabs, effectively this new version has a tab system in itself. At the bottom, are all your minimised windows, it is quite efficient :p

I'm not here trying to flog it to you; after all I'm just a volunteer, but try it, thats all.

Vincaocao said:
The interface is awesome but it dosen't help when you have a slow internet (luckily mine is fast)

There are a number of ways to make 2.0 better for slower computers. Look in the settings, maybe I'll have to create a guide for it later.

Terminate123 said:
is this world coming out on sunday or on moday because the timer says two days from now

Rho, the first 2.0 world, comes out on Monday the 4th.

DeletedUser

My opinion about the new maps is that they suck. Its imposible now to see the ocean map from an eagle eye. All you can see is 4-5 islands away. So as i player i am asking : how are we going to plan our alliance strategies , when we cant see the big picture or even the borders of our ocean ?
I understand that the delevopers wanted to implement something new and fresh, but that ....