2.0 Changelog: discussion

DeletedUser

Please leave your comments about the 2.0 changelog below.

Thank you

DeletedUser

Comments done in similar format as first post on that thread, done in general for each. (All comments based on when i tested it before it was reset) I'll rate each section, then give an overall view.

New Interface

I don't like the new interface too much because it is quite slow when opening new windows. It would help if you could resize the windows to fit more in the space on the screen otherwise you will have 10 windows open and only be able to see 2 at once (even though that is more than you get now). When i tested it out I kept on forgetting to close some windows which got annoying every time i wanted to look at the map. As for the map backround, I don't think this allows much. Imo i think this is something that would slow it Grepolis down quite a bit.
I like the notification system for reports, so that's one positive so far, and you can see them as they come through. Scrolling system was ok, but i couldn't manage to push the page down or page up button to scroll up or down when i tested it.

4.5/10

The Phoenician Trader

This hasn't made much of an good impression on me, only saw it a few times in the time i was playing. Didn't provide much use, but since i play more on other worlds i think it would be more useful.

6/10

World Wonders

This is a good aspect for making alliances war with each other to try to sabotage the building of them. Not sure how the hero worlds and end game will work with regards to the old worlds. But if it does get introduced to 'old' worlds then it will make players chose between playing on the hero world or on their current world. Which will make them less active on one world or the other and each world will crumble because some will want to stay on their original worlds and others go into the hero worlds.
We need to do as much as we can to keep players active on their main worlds, I am seeing many worlds already suffering from massive inactivity. So making them chose and split the active players to 2 worlds will half the active players on each world.

5.5/10

New God - Hades

A good addition to the update. Love the myth units and divine powers.

7/10

Farming Village System

The best addition to Grepolis by far. So easy to farm now, and will help rebuild quicker with getting more resources.

9/10

Premium features

No comment, as i don't use premium.

-/10

World Map

The new city menu is ok, shouldn't take too long to get used to. The full screen view doesn't add any benefits for me, but might for others. The new island types are adding diversity to the game, which is always good. Doesn't make any difference playing wise.
I like the white ring, but you could also introduce the change in flag colour as well, I always liked that.

5/10

Settings

Setting it to a maximum of "x" number of windows open sounds good, might help speed the game up a bit. If the local data storage makes considerable difference to speed then I'm for it (haven't tried it personally). The building in city overview doesn't provide any benefits for me as i will still use the senate as issuing building orders.

6/10

Miscellaneous

Academy research changes won't affect many people, as far as i know people don't use the demand troops, but the 10% quicker spy helps get spy reports quicker. I love the new graphics. Has a more spacious feel with it being lighter in colour and slightly bigger area in the city overview. Haven't tried the new tutorials, and no one would use IE for Grepolis.

8/10

Overall

I don't really like the new update as a whole, from when i tested it on the beta server before it was reset. It was too slow which will affect my timing hugely. As for the end game and Hero worlds, i suggest leaving them for the some new worlds. Or maybe even have the whole 2.0 update introduced to some worlds and leave a few ones that come out as the "older" version of Grepolis. A few changes are going to be made for me to like it as the current version.

:pro:Overall rating: 6.4/10 (Not great):pro:

Sorry if i repeated anything or made any spelling mistakes.
And of course I'm sorry for the essay length :p

DeletedUser

I have a question it is about 2.0 when it is out the question is.

I seen the post what it says is interesting but as I see it the world wonders will not be essential for e.g the ones in a smaller alliance will have a dissavantage because the bigger member alliance can have one two players doing nothing but build them I seen this

Proven warriors from other worlds may also join a Hero World if they have enough game points.

The point that are talked about are these BP points or are they overall points amount of cities?

I played the tester for a while it was to fast but it seam well easier to operate and see for the new players who just start it will build them faster which will give more of a challenge to the world rather than someone hitting the speed up button all the time to get the advantage.

DeletedUser

Generally

I tried the new version myself. Overall, i think its good, though it only looks like a new game skin. But it is still a good thing that some features were also added and changed. :)

DeletedUser

I agree with die's analysis, change the farming and nothing else :p

DeletedUser

Actually I have to say add in Hades, not the farming villages. I like the old system better.

DeletedUser

The only thing I have to complian about is about farming. 1. There is a option for every 20 minutes and every two hours, but not just one hour. 2. The fact that you don't get nearly as many reasources as you do the old way of farming is a bit of an annoyance...

DeletedUser

The only thing I have to complian about is about farming. 1. There is a option for every 20 minutes and every two hours, but not just one hour. 2. The fact that you don't get nearly as many reasources as you do the old way of farming is a bit of an annoyance...

These times should change depending on the world speed.

DeletedUser

no time does not change...amount of resource changes...

2.0 is great just love hades....i suggest you add one more god....

the rating of the whole thing according to me is 7/10

DeletedUser

Since we're giving ratings here, I'll add my opinions about 2.0 from a purely player perspective. I've been with 2.0 since it was released on .zz, so I'm pretty familiar with all the new aspects.

New Interface: 8/10
I certainly enjoy logging in everyday to the new sleek, fresh design of grepolis. The graphics are nicer and better defined, and the interface just jumps out at you. The window management aspect isn't without its flaws, since the windows are fixed in size so it doesn't do much good when wishing to view more than 2 at the same time. The notification are a neat addition, but after a while, they will almost certainly become annoying. Overall, I enjoy the new interface.

The Phoenician Trader: 2/10
I personally find this feature rather useless. The fact that buying units cost silver, the most demanded resource in the game, purchasing them is not necessarily worth it. The resource trading is nice due to the favorable trade ratio, but it's not that much as you advance. When you have more than maybe 5 cities, the phoenician merchant may become all but obsolete and easily ignorable/overlooked during everyday gameplay. I did not look favorably upon this addition when it was announced as a feature of 2.0 and still do not unless they are willing to improve its uses down the road.

World Wonders: 5/10
I have two words for you: "Utterly Boring." Now, to not write this addition off, I would like to say that I very much support the concept and the idea of adding world wonders to the game. It's certainly a nice aspect to have and to look forward to as you play. However, my problem is with the building/construction process. It's flat out boring. Send resources to a wonder site everyday, wait for it to level up, repeat 10 times for each wonder, multiplied by 4 times. Wonders are going to turn the game into sabotaging another alliance's wonder. There are also some flaws with the wonder system, where you lose all resources you have sent to a wonder should you lose control of your island. So imagine you're on a lvl 8 wonder and had sent maybe 6 million in total resources and then you lose a city to another alliance on that island; you lose all 6 million sent resources. Nice concept, but integration into the game isn't great.

Hades: 10/10
I'm all for new gods and goddesses and will certainly support their additions. Hopefully, as we progress, more will be added.

Farming Village System: 6.5/10
Well, it's definitely less clicks than before and you don't have to send troops anymore, and it does save lots of time allowing players to continue farming as they gain more cities. But, the resource amounts you can loot/demand, the mood decreases from looting, as well as how the timing to demand/loot works with this farming system makes it questionable and flawed.

Premium Features: 9/10
The attack planner is a very nice addition. The rest are minor and are not objectionable.

World Map: 9.5/10
I do like the new radial menus, the full map screen, and everything else, as it goes along with the new sleeker, fresher design I talked about earlier.

Settings: 8.5/10
Sure, don't really care.

Miscellaneous: 9.5/10
The academy research change is fine, demand troops has always been quite useless. The new city overview graphics look much nicer, everything's brighter and seems a lot more colorful.

-----------

Overall Score: 7.56/10

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The Phoenician Trader: 2/10
I personally find this feature rather useless. The fact that buying units cost silver, the most demanded resource in the game

Silver may not be as highly demanded as Hades is introduced...

I believe one of his favors gives you silver :p

DeletedUser

Really doesn't help that much ;)

Silver will always be in high demand.

Plus with the merchant demanding only silver for units, you'd be unbalancing your resources by giving up a ton of silver for a few units, and be left with excess wood/stone that you can't use properly due to a lack of silver in your city.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The new interface is just to slow for older laptops, I dont realy think grepolis should have it from there designs/graphics more from there Gameplay.

- New Interface
- Reports/Messages
- Speed

+New Farming System
+New features like Attack Planner,Hades,Phoenix Trader,World Wonders.

Just keep it simple and have a great gameplay to get new people in the game.

DeletedUser

The new interface is just to slow for older laptops, I dont realy think grepolis should have it from there designs/graphics more from there Gameplay.

- New Interface
- Reports/Messages
- Speed

+New Farming System
+New features like Attack Planner,Hades,Phoenix Trader,World Wonders.

Just keep it simple and have a great gameplay to get new people in the game.

the speed was just for the beta world. :p

DeletedUser

Leave Grepo the way it is and if you want to change things, Than make another game

No disrespect, love the way it is.

DeletedUser6810

Do we have a suggested release date yet lads? 2 more weeks? Three?