Morale - the truth

DeletedUser

Okay, so i checked out the worst possible scenario for morale. this could very well happen to me on my dutch server, where there is a night bonus.

simup.jpg

Give your opinion.
Morale should be nerved!

DeletedUser

yes. and this is not a fake, test it

In fact, 9999 slingers have to be sent in waves, so they probably lose to 250 swords....

DeletedUser

Omg, i just tested it. That's is a ridiculous amount of losses to gain almost nothing.

They are the 300 Spartans :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

hee hee, looks like you are fighting against a spoiled child, he has the money but doesn't give enough time to actually build his city.

2 points:
firstly isn't it the point of morale to stop large players attacking small players? (even though i disagree entirely with this, it looks here as if it would work)

secondly, i may be wrong but on some worlds wasn't morale capped at 80% ?

cheers

mike

DeletedUser

even with 40% you lose a MASSIVE amount of troops while not gaining enough BP for 1 victory procession.

DeletedUser

If the purpose of morale system is to save the little people from big bullies, then it was well created.:)

How else are the new comer going to survive on a world when they are eliminated before they start.:eek:

DeletedUser909

Exactly. That simulation is showing that morale is working as it should.

Morale is not going to go away. There are enough worlds that do NOT have morale for players to join. No one is forcing you to join a world that has morale activated.

By the way, Skully, it's "nerfed", not "nerved". :p

DeletedUser

Don't you think the screenshot provides enough evidence that morale is a bit too effective? Capping it at 60% would be a good idea for example. Or change the calculation from [ (points defender/points attacker) * 3 + 0,3 ] * 100 to [ (points defender/points attacker) * 5 + 0,3 ] * 100

DeletedUser

Well, to tell you the truth, the bonuses you added weren't even remotely reasonable.

The desire added with the luck makes you have basically -40 luck which adds up to the attack power of only 5999 slingers.

The bonuses you added gives the defender a 170% increase. That puts the defensive ability of the swordsmen to approximately 800 normal swords. As well as approximately 900 militia.

30 range defense x 800 swords + 4 ranged defense x 900 militia
24000 range defense + 3600 range defense

27600 range defense to your slingers 137977.

That's around a 1:5 ratio.

Morale does not have as big of an effect as skully shows in the picture... And of course, you'd have to attack a 1500 point player while being extremely large to ever get that effect.

It seems to have just as much effect as luck does.

DeletedUser

jarp i was just showing the worst scenario possible, of course this doesn't happen a lot but its to show what an impact morale has.

DeletedUser909

I wasn't rebuking your grammar, Skully. I was furthering your education and letting you know that the word you were looking for was "nerfed". Now you can go forth and use that word correctly.

:D

DeletedUser

jarp i was just showing the worst scenario possible, of course this doesn't happen a lot but its to show what an impact morale has.

No, it is not the worst scenario possible...

It is an impossible scenario.

I wasn't rebuking your grammar, Skully. I was furthering your education and letting you know that the word you were looking for was "nerfed". Now you can go forth and use that word correctly.

:D
Skully, she does these things... :p

DeletedUser

I thank thee, for the educational advice.

But seriously,imho morale is overpowered, and a lot of people agree with me :p

No, it is not the worst scenario possible...

It is an impossible scenario.

impossible, yes, as you ca't send 9999 slingers in 1 go. So in reality ou lose even more.
It is not impossible to happen if you image 5 waves of 2k slings vs 300 swords and 375 militia. as i saw 1 report with the same luck and morale ;P

DeletedUser

Skully, the only way that you'll get those effects is if you attack an extremely small player. Which you don't even need to do in the first place. Morale provides disadvantages to cowards who, at 10 cities and 100k points, try to conquer a single city, non allied 10k point player. Morale is basically forcing larger players to go out of their comfort zone and attack someone that they know will be hard to beat.

DeletedUser

well on my main server i'm in the core of my alliance, where there are no players bigger than 20k left. this forces me to attack the smaller ones for bp. now if there was morale i would suffer immensely from it, while i simply can't attack other player without having to travel 40 hours+
I can imagine this problem occurs more on all servers. And for those people it becomes impossible to farm BPs.

DeletedUser909

And I will repeat myself. (Although I shouldn't have to.)

Morale is not activated on all worlds. If a player feels strongly enough about it, he needn't join a morale world.

DeletedUser

well on my main server i'm in the core of my alliance, where there are no players bigger than 20k left. this forces me to attack the smaller ones for bp. now if there was morale i would suffer immensely from it, while i simply can't attack other player without having to travel 40 hours+
I can imagine this problem occurs more on all servers. And for those people it becomes impossible to farm BPs.

Then go out of your comfort zone and betray your alliance...

This game should be more about having fun than surviving the longest.