Hogs of destiny wants you

DeletedUser

I only dealt with him briefly as a diplomat while I was with Castor just before the formation of TGO.

I went out of my way to secure a nap with HOD. I didn't have to do this mind you, a lot of our allies were asking us to go to war with HOD but I personally had no problem with them. At that stage HOD's average was around 2000 points so I didn't think it would be worth our while.

So the NAP was established and not too long afterwards one of our smaller players took a HOD city. Next thing I know I get a threatening message from calatan and he had given the go ahead to take aggressive actions before even contacting me. Thats not how I operate with alliances I hold pacts or NAPs with and I wasn't about to accept it from calatan.

Also thats a complete load of BS about only accepting refugees who were fleeing HOD's enemies, HOD took in a few refugee's from Castor and when approached about it calatan chose to ignore the messages, again bad diplomacy.

It's common knowledge that the HOD forums were a Propaganda machine, where alliance members were spoon fed a steady diet of lies to make HOD appear to be the victims in a huge hate conspiracy. While it was true tha some alliances took offence to HOD's MRA status and high rank it certainly wasn't true of all of their enemies. One of the reasons HOD had so many enemies was due to the fact that they took refugees and despite being repeatedly asked not to would continuously try to poach players from other alliances, I know thats why ECLIPSE went to war with HOD

Okay.When did Eclipse and HoD goto war, there tight as man?

DeletedUser

Eclipse went to war with HOD? Get real , I was in HOD and I saw them as wee green flags and I did not see any of our members attacking our getting attacked by Eclipse. And I use to be a member of Eclipse and I can tell you that they are close allies and will not risk their cities in a ridiculous war.

DeletedUser

Eclipse went to war with HOD? Get real , I was in HOD and I saw them as wee green flags and I did not see any of our members attacking our getting attacked by Eclipse. And I use to be a member of Eclipse and I can tell you that they are close allies and will not risk their cities in a ridiculous war.

Now i know seths talking BS, you know everything about HoD, youre even inspired to make MRAs.He probaly read this, because of the title.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Okay.When did Eclipse and HoD goto war, there tight as man?

Actually, towards the end, Horod actually started supporting EOW in their attempts and didn't stand in the way of IL driving through hogs line. Ask horod himself.

He took in refugees, because they were already at war with the alliance they were refugees with.Why was he a terrible diplomat?

I had some extensive dealings with calatan myself. He was one of the worst high profile diplomats that I have ever met. After trying to poach a few of my members(unsuccessfully I might add), I actually had a long talk with him after that which ended with an alliance between hogs and IL in our area. I later decided to give him a taste of his own medicine by recruiting a handful of his players. He responded negatively and war ensured. His main threats relied around saying that Eclipse would defend his men(which I found out to be false). Basically, Calatan would only use lies and propaganda in diplomacy.

DeletedUser

Actually, towards the end, Horod actually started supporting EOW in their attempts and didn't stand in the way of IL driving through hogs line. Ask horod himself.

EOW got everyone to help them, during the time of HoD.

I had some extensive dealings with calatan myself. He was one of the worst high profile diplomats that I have ever met. After trying to poach a few of my members(unsuccessfully I might add), I actually had a long talk with him after that which ended with an alliance between hogs and IL in our area. I later decided to give him a taste of his own medicine by recruiting a handful of his players. He responded negatively and war ensured. His main threats relied around saying that Eclipse would defend his men(which I found out to be false). Basically, Calatan would only use lies and propaganda in diplomacy

I remember those times.I wouldnt say calatan was a bad diplomat, he had pacts with a few good alliances.

DeletedUser

horod73 said:
we in ECLIPSE broke our pact because our members were getting
invited (2 of our leaders were invited)
our council decided it breached the rules as part of the pact.

In horod's words

DeletedUser

I don't know if Eclipse ever actually went to war with hogs, but they were def supporting EOW against hogs.

DeletedUser

I don't know if Eclipse ever actually went to war with hogs, but they were def supporting EOW against hogs.

Tbh EOW were extremely weak compared, to what they are now, when they were at war with HoD.

DeletedUser

Just to add on to this, I consider horod a m8 and a very good guy. I have been in contact with him on and off since I became the diplomat of Castor.

I can't speak for his feelings on calatan but I know he disliked some of the other leaders of HOD.

I guess the former Hogs tend to look at calatan through rose coloured glasses but he truly was an awful diplomat.

Phish said:
His main threats relied around saying that Eclipse would defend his men.

Well since there was no chance of ECLIPSE turning on Castor the threat I received was something to the tune of "Prepare to be bolted into the stone age"

lol I had words with him and he eventually apologised but seriously who goes about diplomacy like that?

DeletedUser

Just to add on to this, I consider horod a m8 and a very good guy. I have been in contact with him on and off since I became the diplomat of Castor.

I can't speak for his feelings on calatan but I know he disliked some of the other leaders of HOD.

I guess the former Hogs tend to look at calatan through rose coloured glasses but he truly was an awful diplomat.

Well since there was no chance of ECLIPSE turning on Castor the threat I received was something to the tune of "Prepare to be bolted into the stone age"

lol I had words with him and he eventually apologised but seriously who goes about diplomacy like that?

I do, its fun, especially against bigger alliances.

DeletedUser

WM802 said:
I do, its fun, especially against bigger alliances.

lol I know you do but really it just comes off as blind devotion. I often said I admired calatan for what he did, it wasn't an easy task. He was a good manager but a lousy diplomat. Which doesn't really add up to a wonderful leader. Despite what you may have been told by the leaders in HOD many of the enemies of HOD were earned by poor leadership decisions and bad practices. EOW even signed up for a NAP with HOD until HOD broke it and war resumed.

lol It's all pretty moot now anyways since HOD, Castor and TGO no longer exist. Still it's kind of nostalgic :)

DeletedUser

lol I know you do but really it just comes off as blind devotion. I often said I admired calatan for what he did, it wasn't an easy task. He was a good manager but a lousy diplomat. Which doesn't really add up to a wonderful leader. Despite what you may have been told by the leaders in HOD many of the enemies of HOD were earned by poor leadership decisions and bad practices. EOW even signed up for a NAP with HOD until HOD broke it and war resumed.

lol It's all pretty moot now anyways since HOD, Castor and TGO no longer exist. Still it's kind of nostalgic :)

Who where the other HoD leaders?

DeletedUser

lol you were in the alliance, are you telling me you don't know?

DeletedUser

lol you were in the alliance, are you telling me you don't know?

There was leaders for legions, but like calatan was like the leader that did diplomacy,recruiting,etc.There was only leader like that, calatan.

DeletedUser

I dealt with two other diplomats, in fact after calatans threat I told him to leave the diplomacy to those better qualified and I resumed diplomatic talks with the other player again.

His name escapes me but he was much easier to deal with than calatan. One of the players horod spoke to me about was juliosathia, and from personal experience that guy was a trouble maker.

DeletedUser

I dealt with two other diplomats, in fact after calatans threat I told him to leave the diplomacy to those better qualified and I resumed diplomatic talks with the other player again.

His name escapes me but he was much easier to deal with than calatan. One of the players horod spoke to me about was juliosathia, and from personal experience that guy was a trouble maker.

Julios a good player.Was the player the person, who created this thread?

DeletedUser

Julios a good player.Was the player the person, who created this thread?

Some large player who made a big deal about everyone ganging up on hogs and joined them. Quit like a week or so later.