how long till the brotherhood dies and no insulting evo in this thread

DeletedUser

over the last month the brotherhood has slowly been declining now none are even in the top 15 my guess is 2 months max

DeletedUser

Less than 2 months seems reasonable disband. I'm very surprised - I think they've lost their relevancy as a group. And I'm sad for them. From what I can tell, I think the heart and brain was ripped out of TBE... leaving only lion cubs to search for courage to continue on.

http://www.grepostats.com/world/en9/alliance/7495/members

13 active members left is a very tough road, but some can make a game out of it enough to eventually join an up-and-coming turtle alliance. Doom Crew and a few other alliances last long past their relevancy by turtling-up and feeding on their inactives. The only question is their will to take this road or jump to a new Grepo 2.0 world.

To add to your question, it seems that Brotherhood Templars are seeing the same fate.
http://www.grepostats.com/world/en9/alliance/2958/members

LTU seems to be fairing better than the Templars, but still not so hot.
http://www.grepostats.com/world/en9/alliance/7485/members

If only the Wizard of Oz was around...

Good topic.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

We tried our best to hold it together. The Brotherhood Elite, Templars, and LTU were plagued with inactivity and lack of communication. Some of us faced the harsh reality that we were not the same alliance from a couple months back. At one point, The Brotherhood could have been arguably the best alliance Iota has seen to date (at least anywhere in the Northern area) but that all changed, and I am very sad by it. I helped build that team to what they once were, and Psychomonkey and I watched it collapse under us, unable to do anything but try and fight off Evo with extremely minimal support. Hell, half the guys are still on VM...

We had our fun with it, but we couldn't make people stay around. After Sh1bby was banned for whatever reason, it became more apparent that our alliance would eventually fall. I give big props to those who still represent The Brotherhood teams, but as BBCue stated, our heart was ripped out... and then we were retaliated against during our low point.

This game should never become more of a task than just a tool for amusement on your free time. Some of us joined Evo to continue our fun on Grepolis. After all, it was the best war we were ever involved in.

DeletedUser

imagine if the templar war continued then the north would be different form today they would have been a super power like evo and think that when the north started to fall was as soon as they declared peace the face of the templars were killed because rasch was dead lord x went to evo with greymist smitty became semi active the camel leaders formed a new alliance and templars leaders also formed a new alliance for awhile so they to find new leaders that's when the templars fell

DeletedUser

That's absolutely correct. Had the war between The Brotherhood and The Templars continued, things would have been very different from what they are today. But you have to understand, The Brotherhood fought The Templars for months before both sides realized that it would probably turn out to be a stalemate no matter how long the fight went on. We were both in our prime back then, where nearly everyone in each alliance was active and we had leaders who communicated through each branch of either alliance.

Remember, Philosophy of War and Sovereign Guard (before the merge which made us The Brotherhood) linked up with the dying Have You Seen My Camel in an attempt to push The Templars back into west 53. It was a great war, but again, inactivity and lack of communication played a big factor in the way that battle turned out. I never even got to fight Aramay :/

Lord Xeanor was never a respectable player in my eyes, sorry to say. He jumped sides whenever it became convenient for him, and eventually led to us all attacking him once he joined Evo, and after he got kicked out.

The Templars and The Brotherhood both faced the same fate. Great players who fought their hearts out for a long while, until people started going into vacation with no intention of returning, or just became completely inactive all together. We merged The Brotherhood and The Templars in order to try and restore some of the activity and share our leadership with both teams as we did with POW and SG, but it was too little, too late.

And now, some of us have become part of Iota's super-power because... Well... Why not? After all, there was never any hostility between us and Evo, no matter how much we disagreed on "politics." They agreed that we were the best in the north at one point, and we agreed that we were finally outmatched.

Would I have liked to see a different outcome? Absolutely. I think some of my new alliance mates would agree with that too. I was, and still am, strongly convinced that we would have pushed Evo out of the north alot more than what we already had done, but when the numbers aren't there anymore, it's a lost cause.

DeletedUser

YOU ARE WEAK ICEBLADE the first big attack on you by EVO and you jump ship ,you could have join one of your ally's stop the story down play .But from the way you talk on here i can see Evo thinking you are a spy

DeletedUser

Who are you again?

YOU ARE WEAK ICEBLADE the first big attack on you by EVO and you jump ship ,you could have join one of your ally's stop the story down play .But from the way you talk on here i can see Evo thinking you are a spy

I'm sorry, but do you even play on Iota? If not, please don't speak of things you know nothing about. I helped lead The Brotherhood alliances into being one of the smallest, most talked about forces on this server. I didn't ask to be invited to the enemy, and I know for a fact that they were reluctant to extend an invite to us. If they thought I was a spy, they would not have tried to recruit me and would have just taken me out when the opportunity arose.

The fact that 3 of our heavy hitters (who were also a HUGE part of our frontline) jumped ship and went into VM with no hopes of returning, well... even bigger problems arise.

As I've stated numerous times, our teams were plagued with inactivity, or just all around lack of interest (and/or communication.) How many times would you send out mass mails to about 100 people, and only receive a handful of responses each time, before you finally got fed up? You wouldn't know, because you're just another name on the forum... I wonder if you're related to The Basilisk... :D

Anyway, there was a time when The Brotherhood took dozens upon DOZENS of cities from Evo, with only minimal losses. We were in our prime then... Not anymore. Evolution knew we lost some key players and were no longer able to fight the same fight as before, and they took full advantage of it. When one of your fellow leaders and another top player jump ship to join the enemy after being pummeled into submission with minimal support from everyone else in the alliance, what are the options you have left to choose from?

1.) Succumb to the pressure of the enemy and go out with minimal (if any) support from your fellow alliance members...

2.) Ghost your cities as soon as you see a plethora of inbound attacks... (Azgalor style :D)

or 3.) Join the enemy, who happen to be the only alliance who has ever fought as tough (and some even a bit tougher) than your own alliance, and maybe re-gain some interest in the game...

One thing people don't realize is The Brotherhood alliances fought for themselves. Yeah we had a couple pacts, but they weren't extremely helpful, aside from The Templars and Norfolk before they disbanded. We dished out tons of support for others and received only a percentage of that when we were in need. A few alliances stood in our shadows, claiming they would help and would go on the offensive against Evo, but that never happened. Not completely anyway...

So again, before you speak of ANYTHING that you were NEVER a part of, get your facts straight. You can do me the favor of keeping my name out of your mouth completely. Not even my enemies, past or present, bad mouth me... And as I've stated before, it seems that you are merely another name on the forum. If I'm mistaken and you DO play on Iota, then please, by all means BRING IT!!! We'll see who is weak, sugar-pie... :pro:

DeletedUser

I'm not criticizing your message Ice, I totally agree with your assessment there +1 rep. But I think there is an option four:

4.) Face the onslaught alone, spread like a virus with the new BP, and turtle til they give-up. If you have more than 15 cities, it is unlikely the enemy will have the time nor resources to come after your 5k or less cities that you build with the BP they give you. Build them like that - specialize on only a few types of units. You can get 200 briremes out of a 3k city & 200 lightships out of a 3.5k city... just took 3 of these. Let their morale problems kill their own forces. It's their own problem their 13k maxed-out cities don't have the same farm space.

I think Magnifikus, Zika2k, AncientEvil, and others did a good job doing this alone... really frustrating if you're the attacker. Like, die already! LOL

But many players nearing the end of their experience really don't want to deal with leveling/rebuilding cities, nor snipe attacks at 3am. It appears like you're just prolonging the agony of defeat. I understand that when you're part of something big like TBE and its lost, well, its hard to dust-off and pick yourself back up. But the option is there.

DeletedUser

Enas, I think based on the edited explanation in 6 pt font a few posts above your last one: you're not allowed to use the three-letter word that starts with a "b". And its not bad, bat, bay, boy... but i think you get the point.

Good to know :)

DeletedUser

It's a game and most people make the decisions that are going to make it the most fun. Trying to keep an alliance going on your own isn't fun. And many people join those they have been fighting.

And no-one thinks Iceblade is a spy.

Anime, who are you in game?

DeletedUser

the brotherhood can still live if they get a n.a.p with evo then regroup and fight other northern alliances one at a time the brotherhood was the only resistance in the north for evo

DeletedUser

Who are you in game, Steven? If you don't mind me asking

DeletedUser

my forum name but my computer broke so my account ghosted out i played iota since late august to late apirl was small though for my time playing never got rimmed though and i was very active

DeletedUser

that a shame you're not playing then. Were you in the brotherhood?

DeletedUser

Trying to keep an alliance going on your own isn't fun.

That is so very true! The even worse thing is what Ice said. Compound in the inactivity/indifference of the majority of not just 1 but 3 alliances and 2 pact members. Then it goes from not being fun... to being a job to try to shoulder everything.

Who here wants another job? Job... heh that is actually a nice way of putting it actually. It becomes a burden. It became one for me, and am fairly certain it was the same for Ice and anyone else that was still around.

To Anime:
Trying to criticize him or anyone thrust in that position for that matter one needs to really step back and relook at things. You have 0 room and not an "I-ota" of leg to stand on unless you are able to walk that exact same mile that Ice has.

You know I cannot even sit here and comment on how things have went after I left... I have 0 room to do so. I would view myself as a complete stooge had I done so. I have said it is a shame for the downfall of TBE... sadly a shame on so many levels that I will not go into here.

...but how it was handled by Ice should not even be considered a thought to be uttered from your lips...

DeletedUser

cold turkey?

what is fun about these fora?

Its actually a decent tactic... in a morale-enabled world.

Plus as the EVO members get up to 50+ cities, the CP required to gain another city becomes harder and harder to get.

DeletedUser

Its actually a decent tactic... in a morale-enabled world.

Plus as the EVO members get up to 50+ cities, the CP required to gain another city becomes harder and harder to get.

That might hold water if I were 10-15 cities. At 47 cities not so much Rooster... I would need to stay in VM until everyone around me were up to 100+ cities. That would be roughly over a year heh.