Molon Labe - The Untold and Unbiased *cough* Story

DeletedUser

Preamble: Well I was going to post this just before I quit but since I am not quitting and I have a lot of time on my hands at the moment. I thought I'd post it now. Sorry it's a long read, I kept it as brief as I could and still there are some areas I barely touch on.

The alliance Molon Labe was first formed on the 22nd of March 2010. It was an alliance formed by a merger of two equally powerful alliances: Serenity and Clan Harmada. Serenity had Dobby in charge at the time and Clan Harmada had Myself and my close RL friend LordJoshAllsop at the helm. The merge was a complete success with members getting along amicably and the Government continuing their working together under one banner now. Molon Labe was frusted into the world stage and within one month we got ourselves into our first world war.

On the 25th of April 2010, Molon Labe, along with Phenomen and the now disbanded alliance Mor do Kuli (who brought with them the then tiny Phoenix of Carthage). ML battled fiercely, having to prove itself as an alliance worthy of it's new position. AoA was eradicated from ML's lands while Phenomen battle them in the core and MdK+PoC in the south. After a while, Aliens, the powerful leader of AoA (and number on player in Beta), quit, as well as his lapdog Ligaron. This left a huge gap, one which UAE had to step into. So most members of AoA went over to UAE and ML turned it's focus onto them.

We had two main battlefronts with UAE, both were core oceans to them, o43 and o54. In o54 the skirmishing was constant with some takes on our end but never enough to make real impact. In o43 however we threw some huge attacks that way gaining a large amount of cities in enemy territory in the space of a few weeks. After a long time fighting and the impending NAP with UAE that ML was mulling over, the UAE leaders of o43 decided to join ML along with their crew. This was a low point for UAE, they had lost their leader Yondo previously and their current one was looking to leave too. When it came time for N3m3sis to lead was when ML decided to form a NAP with UAE. The government of UAE was completely different to that which we first warred, and the alliance AoA whom we mainly entered the fight over was but a shell of it's former self.

The next event is ML's darkest moment and my biggest regret as a leader in Grepolis. Near the end of June/start of July I quit Grepolis, not having enough time to spend on the game anymore. I appointed my war leader of the time, JsWinston, as head of the alliance, though he did not want to lead for long. I gave him two options, ones which I had told him to ask the alliance about. Find a new leader in ML or merge into Phenomen. He put up the poll and the result were unanimous to find a leader within ML though no one would step up. Then, after a few days of deliberating and without a single bit of warning, JsWinston disbanded the alliance and got all ML members invites into Phenomen.

ML's members were in outrage and within a few hours Molon Labe was reformed. The new founders being designor and Camox (both have since quit). Along with the help of the core membership most of ML came back in a heart beat. Though those loyal to JsWinston and the ones not happy that the alliance was disbanded without warning decided to give Phenomen a go. designor and Camox quickly set out to replicate what had been lost. Within a short amount of time Devynsire was added to the leading bunch.

For the next couple of months ML was peaceful, and with this peace grew inactivity. Still having my account in the alliance and with an added amount of spare time on my hands, I decided to come back to Grepolis near the end of August. In short time, thanks in part to Devynsire, I became the sole leader of ML again. I did not like the state ML was in so quickly set about to change ML completely. First getting rid of inactives and making sure our current members were still active was needed. ML was then changed into a Monarchy. The reason for this was so that there would never be a situation like last time I left and the alliance has no leader. Now there was always a leader and the next in line was always clear.

The final step was to dust off the war machine and get us back into war (or wars in this case). For a long time, during my absence, DJ had been warring a bunch who called themselves "Harbingers Elite" and though this bunch and ML were not at war, we were not friendly either. After some information from some well placed spies brought up that Harbingers Elite also wanted to take down ML, we decided to preempt the war by striking first.

This war was relatively uneventful with little fighting back. The main targets of ML were Blood Brothers, Titanus et Ares and The Great Spartan Army. Blood brothers was first to fall, disbanding after a month of war. Then TGSA collapsed in part because of an internal uprising sparked by friends of ML. TeA was at war with PoC, DJ, ML, and SC (who turned on them and devoured them from the inside). So these wars were short lived. At the same time we were fighting Xmortis, a "war" sparked by a "refugee".

With these wars dying out, ML was just helping in finish off TeA until, out of the blue, our ally Phenomen (whom was not involved in the TeA war), recruits the vast majority of the TeA alliance for their own purposes of fighting SC. This was the main act that sparked a growing yell from withing Dragon Heads. That Phenomen were using their near hegemonic position to gain even more power and recruiting from our enemies because we wouldn't do anything about it. Well we did. On February 1st 2011, Dragon Heads declared war on Phenomen, adding to Phenomen's already long list of wars.

The war was a huge success with all Dragon Head alliances involved gaining ground on a surrounded Phenomen. This war is to become the longest standing war ML has been part of. Though it was not the great challenge ML was expecting, and with this overestimation, members started losing interest, bringing in the second big inactivity spell in ML. It was during this time where I also stepped down as leader passing the torch onto Devon. At this time I was very busy and had planned on slowly quitting.

It was also during this time where relations with SC worsened to the point where Zolen, in his limitless arrogance, dropped the pact ML and SC shared. ML took this as an opportunity to gain a new war and push for a renewed activity within ML. Absorbing our friends, and enemies of SC, into our alliance was part of this plan. Since this time ML continues with it's two wars, one against Phenomen and one against SC. As of 2 weeks ago I have been brought back into leadership with ML being led by a triumvirate comprised of Devon, Mango, and myself.

ML has had a long history and been at war most of it's existence. We have always tried to keep a consistent stance in Beta and have stood by our friends in Dragon Heads for roughly a year now. ML will always be an alliance with few members and are never out to be a single dominant power. We are an alliance that is here to stay, and though we have had some bad patches, remain as a consistent part of Beta and we hope to stay and try to keep things interesting around here.

Thank you for your time.

DeletedUser

yea but i dont have to tell egod off

ocd got the best of me i read it :D

DeletedUser

It was also during this time where relations with SC worsened to the point where Zolen, in his limitless arrogance, dropped the pact ML and SC shared. ML took this as an opportunity to gain a new war and push for a renewed activity within ML. Absorbing our friends, and enemies of SC, into our alliance was part of this plan. Since this time ML continues with it's two wars, one against Phenomen and one against SC. As of 2 weeks ago I have been brought back into leadership with ML being led by a triumvirate comprised of Devon, Mango, and myself.

I wont bring the whole argument back to life, but little clarification, SC dropped the pact after an ML player (eldooley) launched 2k LS into a siege of ours on Ashaman who was then in either BotRH or TGSA. At first they denied this was intentional (yeah I launch 2k LS at my friends all the time just for fun). Devyn claimed he wanted to make things right, we wanted dooley booted, they said instead they would war TGSA/BotRH whichever it was. After a week they had done nothing (obviously never intended to do so), so SC dropped the pact (which ML said constituted a declaration of war...w/e.

DeletedUser

Haha very accurate eGOD. @GustoTN that argument is long gone. The simple fact is there is war and thats all that matters lol.

DeletedUser

I wont bring the whole argument back to life, but little clarification, SC dropped the pact after an ML player (eldooley) launched 2k LS into a siege of ours on Ashaman who was then in either BotRH or TGSA. At first they denied this was intentional (yeah I launch 2k LS at my friends all the time just for fun). Devyn claimed he wanted to make things right, we wanted dooley booted, they said instead they would war TGSA/BotRH whichever it was. After a week they had done nothing (obviously never intended to do so), so SC dropped the pact (which ML said constituted a declaration of war...w/e.

I am going to let you in on a lil something something, I knew that no matter what I did to make it right with SC it would never be enough, I played the heel and allowed you guys to rant and boast and blah blah blah, as we ready our border and gained our allies in TBOTRH and TGSA who were fighting you guys more consistent .
We all knew that having our main cores side by side we would some day war each other, it was the only way.. it was in this and among many of Zolen threats to RNW that we decided to prepare for war with SC, Zolen gave us this war, and with it, he ran, and SC is nothing of its former self..

Also for eGOD story, designor and myself along with Camox decided to hold ML together, designor only stayed in the game to make sure the alliance stayed together, and after that I throw a Coup d'état and placed eGOD in lead. only to assume leadership later, and then again pass it off to eGOD.

DeletedUser

Yeah ML's evil etc. We defended our player in what was the one mistake he did (though in hindsight it's not a mistake given SC's collapse). BotRH and member of ML were very close in game and out. A friend of his was under siege so he did something that ML does not normally tolerate by putting a PA over an "ally". So yes, he gave your player 20k DBP, and you kept the siege. Then you want him kicked for defending a friend? Of course we won't do that. After that demand you tried to get us to fight BotRH, as if you had even slight control over ML. No. We decided to do nothing when Zolen did his "you have one week to do what we say or ELSE" thing. In the end, the pact dissolved and ML decided it might as well be a war since we aren't pacted. Fast forward a few weeks and look at SC now hahaha

DeletedUser

Yeah ML's evil etc. We defended our player in what was the one mistake he did (though in hindsight it's not a mistake given SC's collapse). BotRH and member of ML were very close in game and out. A friend of his was under siege so he did something that ML does not normally tolerate by putting a PA over an "ally". So yes, he gave your player 20k DBP, and you kept the siege. Then you want him kicked for defending a friend? Of course we won't do that. After that demand you tried to get us to fight BotRH, as if you had even slight control over ML. No. We decided to do nothing when Zolen did his "you have one week to do what we say or ELSE" thing. In the end, the pact dissolved and ML decided it might as well be a war since we aren't pacted. Fast forward a few weeks and look at SC now hahaha

Exactly, fast forward a few weeks after YOU decided it was war and had done nothing about it, most of us left cause we were tired of waiting. Nice about face E, first you said we declared on you and it was our fault for not attacking, but now you admit that you guys decided it was war and yet took 3 weeks to initiate attacks (and went after the smallest isolated guy you could find) kudos...

And it wasn't that you defended him, you guys flat out lied and expected us to believe your bs. IF you had been honest, MAYBE we would have thought about working something out, but when our ONLY pact member (we didnt make 4 pacts at a time like you guys who are afraid to fight more than 1 enemy at a time) decides to let their player knowingly attack us then we dont take that lightly.

STandard ML, took in those guys when they were refugees after we pummeled them, then let them leave and reform just so they could "try" to fight us again. Take note anyone who makes friends with ML, they seem to have a very strict hiereachy in their pact list.

DeletedUser

Exactly, fast forward a few weeks after YOU decided it was war and had done nothing about it, most of us left cause we were tired of waiting. Nice about face E, first you said we declared on you and it was our fault for not attacking, but now you admit that you guys decided it was war and yet took 3 weeks to initiate attacks (and went after the smallest isolated guy you could find) kudos...

And it wasn't that you defended him, you guys flat out lied and expected us to believe your bs. IF you had been honest, MAYBE we would have thought about working something out, but when our ONLY pact member (we didnt make 4 pacts at a time like you guys who are afraid to fight more than 1 enemy at a time) decides to let their player knowingly attack us then we dont take that lightly.

STandard ML, took in those guys when they were refugees after we pummeled them, then let them leave and reform just so they could "try" to fight us again. Take note anyone who makes friends with ML, they seem to have a very strict hiereachy in their pact list.

Okay I use the term "war" wrongly there. We made you enemies. Not a focus as you weren't doing much to cause focus.

When have ML ever made so many pacts at a time? Our pacts have pretty much stayed the same for all of 2011. The only changes was downgrading CotH to a (symbolic more than anything) NAP, gaining then losing SC as a pact and of course dropping Phenomen to fight them. Quit trying to smear ML when you have no facts to put behind your words.

Oh and anyone who even knows a slight thing about ML knows that we take Dragon Heads very seriously. We were only pacted with SC because it was of mutual interest until Zolen decided he could not keep his arrogance back from ML any longer.

DeletedUser

Your pacts stay the same, exactly, you pact 4/5 of the top alliances so that you only ever have to fight 1 at a time.

ALso very interesting to follow your war path... EVERYONE was fighting AoA from what I gather, ML jump on that bandwagon?

UAE, they were pretty much alone, funny, ML participates there too...

Synergy, w/e that was short lived, but I'm sure you were part of the gangbang on them.

TeA, We had it covered, but of course since everyone was doing it why not you eh?

Pheno, what was your excuse there? TeA refugees? More like other alliances (SC being the first on this side of the map) started taking it to them, and like the vultures that you are you decided to jump in.

ALL the while you've stayed pacted with as many as possible. While you fought AoA, UAE, and Synergy you pacted Pheno, then when you had SC to add to PoC and DJ (really the only other alliances on this side of the map) and of course you added VP and SES to your pact list to ensure that you never fight more than one at a time, then you figured you could take on Pheno. I'm surprised you didn't pact them so that you could war us to be honest. That's the ML/DH way, pact your way to the top and then pick on 1 alliance at a time, especially if the rest of the server is already at war with that alliances, and call it victory...

DeletedUser

Your pacts stay the same, exactly, you pact 4/5 of the top alliances so that you only ever have to fight 1 at a time.

ALso very interesting to follow your war path... EVERYONE was fighting AoA from what I gather, ML jump on that bandwagon?

Synergy, w/e that was short lived, but I'm sure you were part of the gangbang on them.

TeA, We had it covered, but of course since everyone was doing it why not you eh?

Pheno, what was your excuse there? TeA refugees? More like other alliances (SC being the first on this side of the map) started taking it to them, and like the vultures that you are you decided to jump in.

ALL the while you've stayed pacted with as many as possible. While you fought AoA, UAE, and Synergy you pacted Pheno, then when you had SC to add to PoC and DJ (really the only other alliances on this side of the map) and of course you added VP and SES to your pact list to ensure that you never fight more than one at a time, then you figured you could take on Pheno. I'm surprised you didn't pact them so that you could war us to be honest. That's the ML/DH way, pact your way to the top and then pick on 1 alliance at a time, especially if the rest of the server is already at war with that alliances, and call it victory...

Nothing really wrong with that... making sure you only fight one (strong) alliance at a time is a good tactic, otherwise you end up like Phenomen when all the top alliances are attacking them.

DeletedUser

GustoTN has nothing on eGod.

BTW. Great great read, i loved the whole history lesson. I just wish I was back in ML. Its the closest thing I have to my O43 buddies. Haha, UAE was the best alliance ever! Then Yondo quit. O43 sector moved on to Molon Labe, and I followed them.

DeletedUser

Umm. Wow you need a history lesson.

AoA/UAE: ML was the first alliance to go to war with these two alliances. It was Phenomen and ML from day one vs two much larger alliances of AoA and UAE.

SYNERGY: ML were never at war with them.

TeA: ML only wanted to get rid of them from our oceans which we did. We were also fighting them before SC betrayed them and ate them from the inside out.

Phenomen: There were plenty of reasons, refugee/their near hegemonic status being some. No reasons have a thing to do with SC.

Our allies: DJ we have been pact to nearly since their founding. Old friends in there, and now some new ones. PoC and VP we have always been close to. Some of my best friends in online games are from those alliances. SES we were never really officially pact to them. We more just had a mutual enemy and had an some relations that were building.

This is how it is. If you wish to argue these facts then be my guess but the truth of the matter is you know jack about ML, it's history, and how it's run.