Just me or is Demand Troops utterly worthless in 2.0?

DeletedUser

nah I havnt used it and dont plan to the merchant offers isnta troops if they are every needed anyway

DeletedUser

It is pretty much useless..unless you plan on going to bed then I guess you could use it to get a few quick troops? I don't use it all.

DeletedUser

I'm using it.

Maybe because i'm kinda new to the game. :heh:
I tend do expand farming villages to lvl 3 quite fast. In early stage of the game it lets you build up a nice stack of archers without having to invest research points. I use it when i know i'll be gone for a while (at least 2 hours) and de scheduled builds take little time to complete.
With mining on a decent level (i believe strong mines from the start are a good foundation for later deployment) resources build up nicely by themself in the meantime.
That's my idea. I'm a nOOb, i know. But hey, maybe i'm the best nOOb around :cool:

Thrillology

Phrourach
I tend do expand farming villages to lvl 3 quite fast. In early stage of the game it lets you build up a nice stack of archers without having to invest research points. I use it when i know i'll be gone for a while (at least 2 hours) and de scheduled builds take little time to complete.
With mining on a decent level (i believe strong mines from the start are a good foundation for later deployment) resources build up nicely by themself in the meantime.
That's my idea. I'm a nOOb, i know. But hey, maybe i'm the best nOOb around :cool:

Don't do that...
That's how my city has over 1,100 points and my enemy has only 608, because he upgraded cities often.

Thrillology

Phrourach

I never researched archers... should I get archers?
Silver and Stone are extremely scarce, even though stone is plentiful. I have too much wood, not enough space :p
"Ever had too much wood and not enough space?"
"Well, buy the new cardboard boxes!"
"Made from 20% animal, 30% ivory, and %50 wood, you can store your wood and have more space!"
"Go from crowded garages, to spacey garages!"
"Have too much space now?"
"Buy the all new stuff!"
"Too much space, not enough stuff."
"BUY THE ALL NEW STUFF!"
"All of this 'stuff' is junk you won't even need!"
"Go from spacey, empty, pitiful spaces to crowded, cluttered, and organised space!"
But are archers good?

DeletedUser

they are good. I really don´t like building defensive soldiers (that is why I dont like much Conquest worlds), but archers are handy when defending against Hoplites, otherwise the Hopos will slay your swordmen

DeletedUser

they are good. I really don´t like building defensive soldiers (that is why I dont like much Conquest worlds), but archers are handy when defending against Hoplites, otherwise the Hopos will slay your swordmen

I always thought it was backwards...conquest worlds I hardly make any defense, since you can use offensive units to also defend.

DeletedUser

I always thought it was backwards...conquest worlds I hardly make any defense, since you can use offensive units to also defend.

Players typically encounter those with the ability to break seiges in conquest worlds, thus the need for defense is there.

DeletedUser

Right, you need to use defense and offense. But demanding is barely worth it. You only get 4 troops, loose -40 mood, and have to wait 12:00 hours before you can do anything else. Its only good if you have all your farms on the island and are all on level 3.

DeletedUser

I dunno... it might be good if you are getting swamped by attackers and can't build your defensive troops fast enough... Personally, I used it in the beginning of my world... but I can't say that it really helped much. I stopped using it and didn't look back. The mood is much better spent on looting as the resources can be used to build up your camps and your villages. The higher your camps and villages, the more resources you are getting anyway. It is a long term investment whereas demand troops is a fairly short-term one.

Spend your mood on looting and you are able to build your camps faster and upgrade your villages faster. This just snowballs and before you know it you are making enough resources each hour to pay for twice the amount of troops that you would have been getting through demanding them... but should I really help you? One day I will meet you on a server and wish I hadn't posted this... lol ;) Good luck!

DeletedUser

I disagree

If you were being attacked wouldn't you want extra troops immediately

DeletedUser

Most people seem to be using this feature before going offline for a bit, you would be much better looting your farms picking up the 400 of each resource in each one then building the troops, which in the same period of wait time could built 72 hops or 90 archers.

So yeah i think this feature is completly pointless, unless your going for the last line of defence approch

DeletedUser

Most people seem to be using this feature before going offline for a bit, you would be much better looting your farms picking up the 400 of each resource in each one then building the troops, which in the same period of wait time could built 72 hops or 90 archers.

So yeah i think this feature is completly pointless, unless your going for the last line of defence approch

i agree. it is a good last line of defense just to instantly get more troops if your in a tight spot. also it is useful only early in the game when you need archers or hoplites and havent researched them yet.