Kappa Top 12 Alliances Discussion

DeletedUser

Tannya how the hell did you get 6 green lights from just 12 posts?? That's it i'm changing my avatar!! :D

DeletedUser

Stop!

We have to redo all rankings....The Crimsons have changed their name again to the Crimson Elite...

DeletedUser

Hi Everyone

wait....what?
what green lights. What are the green lights for anyway. I have only posted on Kappa 3 times....the rest were in Nu when I ran an alliance. When we merged into a bigger alliance I left that game. I like playing Kappa.

Tanya

DeletedUser15581

the greens on the left tanya, below your "total posts", you got those because people +repped you after liking your posts.

Look at me, I mess so much with people that I don't get enough greens... the 2nd green I got was due to the PnP I made for the PE war.

DeletedUser

they almost change their name as often as Enigma.

or Public Enigma...
Or Enigma's Pink BUnnies.....?

DeletedUser

I think im going to have to lower them in my rankings to #...

1) PE
2) Rogue
3) GKM
4) Fat Camp
5) Enigma
6) Strike Force
7) Rising Stars 1 & 2
8) Oceans
9) 5NP

37) Crimson....whatever they are

DeletedUser

I think you mean 5KP and I am not even going to ask what you rate VRoD.

DeletedUser

1) PE
2) Rogue
3) GKM
4) Fat Camp
5) Enigma
6) VROD
7) Strike Force
8) Rising Stars 1 & 2
9) Oceans
10) 5KP

I fixed it ! THanks for the correction.

DeletedUser15953

Begging letters :)

Just a couple of mentions, got to really, practice for more 'begging' in the future :D

Begging messages from the leaders of OA? Lol.

JLaws014 was consistently attacking a member of GPP, and when they pacted with Oceans Alliance, we joined in the defence against Jlo. Now his business trip - all a rather unfortunate coincidence, and we got a bunch of his cities. But the reaction from PE? LOL! Affronted, outraged, the cheek of this alliance daring to hit cities from #1 alliance :D

The 'begging' as you call it was a case of getting the story right. Oceans were at #23 just before all of this started, we were growing, got to #17 (I think), and suddenly #1 was threatening to wipe us out?? Lol, yeah, very appealing :D
Jlo cried foul, sent abusive messages, and told his leaders and even bigger chums that we were picking on him. The message exchange was long and convoluted, because the story was not as it seemed. Shortly after this all went down, PE changed their profile to the more aggressive message which is there right now.

Jlo has indeed taken his cities back, though not all, but he has taken others as well. However despite continuous attacks from him, he was initially getting nowhere. Subsequently, messages from PE to Enigma resulted in Enigma breaking their pact with Oceans, so from our perspective, #1 ran to #5 for help, and #5 obliged to start beating on us as well. Our campaign against jlo was always long-range, and now the buffer zone we were passing through became a no-fly zone (or no-sail zone :) )

So to get back to the point - 'begging messages' were only ever setting the story straight, correcting the reasons that PE stated they were going to war. Once PE confirmed their stance, end of story. or messages.

And since that time, Oceans have grown from #17 to #8, not through mergers as was suggested above. All of this growth has been while under continuous attack from both PE and Enigma, jlaws014 has stated that he is the 5th biggest attacker in Kappa due to his attacks on Oceans, he is not attacking anyone else. For the longest time, he was on the Eastern side of ocean 25, with a buffer of Enigma cities between himself and the rest of Oceans, and a raft of his cities in the safe ocean of oc35 to set off attacks and counters from, so, yeah, he has not lost any further cities to us. Jlaws014 has become an excellent player in this time, Kudos to him for learning on the job, his attack and conquest tactics and quality have improved many fold, and he has taken most of his cities back.

And so we come to the end of yet another 'begging letter' :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

well for the record...

1) We know Jlaws started attacking you.
2) We dont care, once you took his cities, it alerted us to what was going on.
3) We dont run, Engima is our ally, we fight well, they fight well it works :)
4) Jlaws did quite nicely against OA.
5) You arent fighting PE, you are fighting 2 maybe 3 players in PE.
6) We have little interest in 025 aside from taking what cities we can.

You may try and tell it anyway you like to boost your confidence, but truth is Jlaws has done pretty damn well. Dont let me stop you from patting yourselves on the back though :)

Cheers

Paul

DeletedUser15953

Oceans alliance once a conglomerate of 3 alliances and roughly staying in the same place after not merging but congealing together, quite a lot of the players from the Tau I think (but I could be wrong so don't go complaining at me), they have held on to this position quite well but a lot of players near the bottom not pulling their weight, they could cut a lot of members and get some new active ones in and start growing a bit more.

Nice work on the rest of the post, but thought I would update you on OA, not many ppl know much about us it seems.

Started off as Oceans 26, and gradually took over Ocean 26 by banding together into fighting groups and topping the other alliances in the ocean. First major action was against Global Pirate Party, at the culmination of that war they changed to Oceans Pirates. Oceans 26 also split into Oceans Alliance and an academy called Oceans Warriors.
This was when the PE thing started, Oceans Pirates had an ongoing fracas with PE, we did our thing and joined in the defence, PE got upset :) Subsequently Enigma joined in against us.

Briefly we had Oceans Integrity, which was Boreas (remember him?) trying to get us to fight RS, but that fizzled out, he had his own agenda and it was a bad idea to start with, and ended badly with OI dying a death.

Some of the bigger Oceans Pirates players still harboured resentment from the original war, and split from Oceans Alliance and became GPP again. At the same time we reintegrated Oceans Warriors as the leader of the academy had to leave for RL reasons. And then we were 1 again :D But we had inherited PE, and along with them, Enigma, as our pet beater-uppers (SW)

The last alliance activity was when GPP lost some major players, and we reformed an academy and did a bit of reshuffling around. We also seem to have got Strike Force on our case, rumour has it that Enigma invoked an MPP pact (Mutual Protection Policy), so we now have 3 of the top 6 alliances after our blood. Fun fun fun :D So if anyone feels bored or left out, and finds the game too easy, well, join us LOL.

And as for the composition of the members, the higher members and leaders are pretty much those who started December to Feb, and the alliance grew with the policy of taking in players and trying mentoring to grow their strengths. Some of the best players are from those early days, from within Oceans 26 or those alliances which Oceans 26 overcame. We did not have any intake from any specific alliance, except for the aforementioned GPP. We have a good team in general, but as with all the other alliances, there are exceptions. But the over-riding comment I have from ppl who know us is that we have a reputation for sticking together and playing as a team, of course being pitted against PE and Enigma in a long front over a long period of time has taken its toll, but so far we have persevered.

For a long time we did not have the batting power of PE or the Pink Bunnies, so most of our actions were defensive, for that I understand that ppl have mistaken us as pushovers. But we are still here, and as we have grown, our players have grown, our top players are inside the Kappa 100 rankings, let's see how things roll :cool:

There, hope I did not lose anyone :D

DeletedUser15953

Lol, I suppose it is my fault for writing another 'begging letter' :D

To edit your points:
well for the record...

1) We know Jlaws started attacking you.
no you didn't, the messages to us after we took the cities was all about us having the cheek to attack #1
My 'begging letters' told you what was what, and after you worked it out, you changed your stance to 'we don't care'.
2) We dont care, once you took his cities, it alerted us to what was going on.
yes, that stance :D
3) We dont run, Engima is our ally, we fight well, they fight well it works
well you ran to Enigma to enlist their help, so, yes, you do run, though I never said backwards.
4) Jlaws did quite nicely against OA.
in the end, yes, but not at first - read the posting, check the stats, look at the timeframe
5) You arent fighting PE, you are fighting 2 maybe 3 players in PE.
tell that to the others who have attacked us from that time :D
6) We have little interest in 025 aside from taking what cities we can.
Not what jlo tells us, but maybe it is a leader secret not divulged to him. Of course that could just be a modest way of you saying that you are going to take EVERY city in oc25.

You may try and tell it anyway you like to boost your confidence, but truth is Jlaws has done pretty damn well. Dont let me stop you from patting yourselves on the back though :)

If you take a very brief glance at the end of my post, you will find a little notelet complimenting Jlaws on his capabilities.

But as you are #1, I will take your advice and I will NOT let that stop me from patting myself on my back :D Thank you very much kind sir for allowing me that luxury :D

DeletedUser19749

1) PE
2) Rogue
3) GKM
4) Fat Camp
5) Enigma
6) VROD
7) Strike Force
8) Rising Stars 1 & 2
9) Oceans
10) 5KP

I fixed it ! THanks for the correction.

Wow 37 :eek: are we really that bad? Just looked at the ranking and rank 37 only has one player in the alliance :D
There must be at least one of us that has impressed you a little tiny bit or are we all s%*t :D
I take it quite a lot of people have had some laughs at the crimsons in the past... i think we all have from different alliance at some time on this game.

I have not been part of the crimsons that long, what is it that people hate about them?

DeletedUser

There were just soo many different crimson alliances it was beginning to get annoying. And they have not usually put up significant effort when defending their cities.

To be honest HOODGE , your defense against us has been the most coordination ive seen from any crimson alliance. Up until that point they have not put up much of a fight. You have proven to be a very competent opponent.

As for SeeRider4:

I speak with the leader of Engima frequently, so we know what is going on. Its no surprise we fight the same people. If you want, you can use the term RUN to enigma, but it wasnt quite like that. We arent running anywhere, we are in the middle of everyone.

As for our interest in 025, yea ok you got me there. We will take what cities we can. Unfortunately geography is a limiting factor.

I have also looked at grepostats etc etc. Jlaws losses came when he was on a business trip. Since then he has been pretty darn good.

I do appreciate the clarification of Oceans history. I had no idea it was soo convoluted.

DeletedUser

SeeRider - do you have time for fighting aswell or you just spend it on those long speeches? You wrote in two tabs more than I in whole Grepolis history...LOL:eek:

DeletedUser

1) PE
2) Rogue
3) GKM
4) Fat Camp
5) Enigma
6) VROD
7) Strike Force
8) Rising Stars 1 & 2
9) Oceans
10) 5KP

Wow. I didn't expect to see us so high in any alliance ranking. :)

Of course we had to mess with a lot of larger alliances for that we thank them all we found among them some very good warriors... They where always respected and treated in a friendly manner, we also found lately some cowards... they will be soon dealt with...

Donths
member of *GORGONES KAI MANGES*

DeletedUser

Once again activity has died down and the job is left to me to apply the defibrillator to it, thanks a lot guys.. flipping useless.. :rolleyes: A lot of information used is gather from grepostats, even some of the far reaches of the PE empire I had to use it for information, so go easy on conclusions I jumped to based on false evidence.
I'll do Top 15 'cus Fat Camp members get ticked off when they are left out..

No. 1: Public Enemy Points: 59,508,730 Members: 94 Cities: 5434 Avg. points per member: 633,072
Still no. 1 and still receiving the flak that goes with it. Not as many enemy conquers as there used to be though, a lot of inactive and PE-members-turned-ghost conquers: a sign of slowing down or just a rest before another feast? The rapid destruction of the new owner of FBMU's account is definitely not good, perhaps should we have been more prepared but the operation was very well organised. Good signs though that FC and RS are not nearly as prolific as they were and things are much more evenly matched; hopefully it swings even more in our favour! Again fairly steady against Rogue, I think the real battle is ready to start soon and proper evaluations of that can be drawn then.

No. 2: Rogue Points: 24,565,753 Members: 54 Cities: 2453 Avg. points per member: 454,921
The PE-Rogue war could definitely not be described as energetic, in fact is has so far been rather lethargic. A lot of ghost and small alliance conquers recently, maybe they are slowly moving south strategically (I can't be bothered looking at maps of conquers) but it is more likely they are being lazy. I don't think the real fight can be delayed any longer and Rogue's reputation of being able to out-gun PE will be put to the test.

No. 3: The Crimson Elite Points: 21,480,798 Members: 77 Cities: 2042 Avg. points per member: 278,971
I was surprised to see TCE sitting in bronze medal position, especially when their colonisation page is still same old Crimson. Way too many internal conquers than a normal alliance. Their joint operation with VRoD to catch the new FBMU out of VM however was top-class but I suspect VRoD may have been the real masterminds lol. Their few remaining cities on O55 are turtled up and TCE at least seem to be losing less cities to enemies than they used to.. but they still are unable to attack well that FBMU anomaly aside. Anyway I don't expect them to collapse any time soon and O56 seems to be safe enough haven for them to remain for the foreseeable future.

No. 4: VRoD Points: 20,837,380 Members: 69 Cities: 1982 Avg. points per member: 301,991
I still consider them to be the real number 3 alliance even though officially they are not. Maybe my daft predictions of collapse were a bit premature (the dangers of trying to act smart) but the old VRoD II members seem to have learned to play pretty quickly (FBMU case) and also like TCE their last cities in PE territory are turtled up tight. Hopefully we will see more improvements from them and see them take active enemy cities just as abundantly, because it was sad to see VRoD become the way it was. They will return to number 3 pretty soon I'd wager.

No. 5: Strike Force Points: 18,252,190 Members: 99 Cities: 1835 Avg. points per member: 184,365
I think they have been living off their former glories for too long so I'm going to say it, controversially or not, Strike Force are an awful alliance. Their high member count and low average points are evidence of this, and the most damning of all is the amount of internal conquers they have. Their top players only take SF cities, and the bottom players lose them to their top players or to GKM and OA. Their is no conquers of enemies in even a mediocre quantity at all. Their position as fifth is only due to their high number of members and in reality they are well down the pecking order.

No. 6: Enigmas Pink BUnnies Points: 13,086,821 Members: 36 Cities: 1245 Avg. points per member: 363,522
First things first, I find their name extremely strange the the upper-case U extremely irritating. Now lets get down to proper analysis: Enigma are struggling. The yellow and red conquests are outnumbering those of green. There is no disputing some of their best players such as Tisophene are great players but the smaller players are not up to the standard. Enigma are now facing a reversal of earlier in the war and are now getting their *** handed to them by OA and others, the larger players seem like they're forced to bail out the smaller and in doing so restricting their own ability to attack back. I'm not sure how long they can handle having to do the vast majority of the workload. (Interesting to note that Enigma, now being attacked by a large number of alliances look to be on the verge of collapsing, whilst PE are able to handle this kind of thing even when it is on a larger scale)

No. 7: Oceans Alliance Points: 10,822,749 Members: 64 Cities: 1087 Avg. points per member: 169,105
Wow what a turnaround. I take everything I said about you guys back (in my defence it was true at the time) but OA seem to have come on leaps and bounds. They are destroying Enigma and also eating away at SF. I hope this renaissance continues and although the conquers between them and PE have stopped maybe they will provide a challenge in the west soon. The reformation of the academy seems to have been a good idea although I'm not sure how effective it has been in the rise of OA, I expect OA to do jump up the rankings maybe towards the top 5 soon!

No. 8: Rising Stars II Points: 10,469,002 Members: 73 Cities: 1064 Avg. points per member: 143,410
I found this amusing, an academy ranked higher than its parent! I wonder who should be RSII now.. lol. Seem to be doing rather well, taking a fair few Enigma cities (everyone is having a go now) but also a lot of ghost and unallied cities conquered too. A very big amount of inactives in their ranks too and while some may genuinely be on VM I think a little cleaning needs to be done of the members for growth and eventual graduation to continue.

No. 9: Rising Stars Points: 10,327,233 Members: 32 Cities: 962 Avg. points per member: 322,726
RS seem to be grouped together with FC when a conversation falls to PE vs FC (especially me sometimes) but after some research I noticed only czar666 seems capable of taking PE cities from RS. Grouping them with FC should be offensive to FC! lol.. Solid growth although many players are taking the easy option and going for Enigma and ghost cities. Low negative conquers though show either Enigma's incompetence or that they are effective defenders, I can't say I know the answer to this one. (Also interesting after my request made way back that Enigma and RS should fight and see RS as overwhelming victor up to now)

No. 10: League of Corinth MK2 Points: 5,550,133 Members: 48 Cities: 558 Avg. points per member: 115,627
All of their conquests are either internal or of alliances I have never heard of, so I can't really comment on their ability. They are very good at driving people nuts, I'll give them that!

No. 11: Crimson Guardians Points: 4,902,673 Members: 65 Cities: 557 Avg. points per member: 75,425
Are they still here? I didn't realise they remain in existence! They more resemble the old Crimsons before the great clean-up; lot's of negative conquests, internals and little conquests of enemies. Not much more to be said on that subject I should think, CG are like a remnant of history and will soon be left behind by TCE I would say.

No. 12: *GORGONES KAI MANGES* Points: 4,887,790 Members: 9 Cities: 442 Avg. points per member: 543,087
The highest ranked of the two 'uber-elite' alliances of Kappa, not much more can be said of GKM than has not been said before because I know little of them and because nothing has changed. They are taking cities with ease, especially Strike Force. Up to this point though I don't think they have met any serious competition, maybe Rogue or PE will feel the urge to test them at some point. Otherwise steady growth through easy conquests look set to continue.

No. 13: Fat Camp Points: 4,646,125 Members: 11 Cities: 438 Avg. points per member: 422,375
FC, everyone's favourite alliance for shocking big bad PE with a huge number of conquests in a short period of time. This however is a long time ago now in a speed 3 world and since then the war has calmed down dramatically. Since the start of August it has been 5:1 to PE in conquers, a very small amount for either side. (It would have been 6:1 but for anti-timing, eh Mac? ;)) There are little if none inactives left in south (thanks for clearing them up hehe) for them to conquer and turtle, so the PE fightback looks set to begin.

No. 14: 5 Knuckle Philosophy Points: 3,891,614 Members: 28 Cities: 433 Avg. points per member: 138,986
Again like LOCMK2 I'm afraid I know little of 5KP, their fight with Rogue seems to have stopped according to grepostats and most of their conquers are internal or of alliances I have not heard of. The tag of 'little guys surviving against all odds' may not fit them anymore in my opinion.

No. 15: Mongols Points: 2,925,094 Members: 14 Cities: 277 Avg. points per member: 208,935
Andy Dog's old alliance, that is all I know about them. However why would anyone want to war an alliance called Happy Forever??? You guys are so mean.