Why the need for censorship ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser4577

ugh...another little argument over something that doesnt truly matter.
Its a name and a play on words. Change it...Who cares. :p

Its obviously against common decency rules and respectfully a bit wrong. There is more then likely a fair share of members that take an offence to this or have loved ones that are handicapped or else there wouldnt be a reason for the ban on the name. Honestly, Have respect for those that are more then likely handicapped and just go with what the mods ask in this case.

Its nothing to have a full on thread about....

DeletedUser

ugh...another little argument over something that doesnt truly matter.
Its a name and a play on words. Change it...Who cares. :p

Its obviously against common decency rules and respectfully a bit wrong. There is more then likely a fair share of members that take an offence to this or have loved ones that are handicapped or else there wouldnt be a reason for the ban on the name. Honestly, Have respect for those that are more then likely handicapped and just go with what the mods ask in this case.

Its nothing to have a full on thread about....

Why was it allowed in Chi then?

DeletedUser4577

Bucking Frutal
- I will say if this gets the kick then theres no reason at all to let this name above go. Its another play on words thats obviously against the rules...

Why was it allowed in Chi then?
- That I can not say since I am not a mod but as more worlds come more members (new) have come about and perhaps that is the reasoning or they are saying no to others so then cant ignore this one.

DeletedUser

I would say that Bucking Frutal is a play on words but it is not discriminatory.

The Chi thing is probably because it is a different mod and the PC police have been round since. As the game gets more popular which it has more recently the Mods probably get more nervous about getting sued by someone lol.

I just need a PC police smiley now.

DeletedUser

Some of you think that the mods went on Omega, saw the name and decided to censor.

Well thats wrong.

They censored only "Sρartard" because it was in the address of a url. That url led to a forum where there were heated debates about Innogames and Grepolis, even some of the staff here posted on it.
Some players then wrote that url address on their signatures and homepages encouraging players visit it.

So Ac04 decided to infract everyone with that url and delete it. That just made things worse and more people got angry, so he decided to censor the word as he couldn't sort the situation out like a real man.

So in conclusion, we can't have freedom of speech here, and I doubt the word will ever be uncensored as the mods don't want to seem weak.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

How about this?

pc-plod.jpg

I think it's because a lot of the players in this MS have been complaining about the way things are going, personally. That's why some people are trying to make it difficult.

DeletedUser

imo everything that's happening in this thread 100% justifies that word being filtered, it's clearly disruptive to the community.

in the end, it's filtered. but deal with it like an adult. go through the proper channels if you don't like it instead of trying create some kind of uprising and throwing around emotive words.

DeletedUser

imo everything that's happening in this thread 100% justifies that word being filtered, it's clearly disruptive to the community.

Hang on, this thread is about the filter and this thread is disrupting the community. Therefore the filter is disrupting the community, in my opinion.

DeletedUser

The censorship is causing more disruption than when it wasn't, can't you read?

DeletedUser6029

in the end, it's filtered. but deal with it like an adult. go through the proper channels if you don't like it instead of trying create some kind of uprising and throwing around emotive words.

I might agree with you if this was the ONLY "infraction" that exists we complain about....but it isn't and so therefore your opinion is wrong.......

DeletedUser

There seems to be a lot of petty bickering going on in this thread. Yes, that word was censored with the filter. Yes, it was because of advertisement of a forum meant to take away from these. Yes, Ac04 felt the need to put it in place and this was done so with the consent of Gordon.

At this point, you are all trying to beat a dead horse. The thing was done, and as Gordon said, it will be revisited at future date. Let the issue go.

Thank you for actually addressing the question.

I vote for you to take on Gregs role rather than this ACo4 chap.

I am assuming you are all playing dumb but for those who possibly and incredibly do not know it is a play on words to an Intellectual disability.

Its much like calling your alliance a racist slang term and then changing a couple of letters around, I am sure that would upset some people.

Me I have no issues with it and I do believe it a bit over the top by the PC brigade but I got a warning for correcting someones spelling after they said it was a requirement of joining their alliance that requests were fully spelt correctly, despite the post contained 5/6 spelling and grammer mistakes.

Sorry mate.

But there is a team in the Omega called Bucking Frutal.

If I get infracted for using stars to blot out most the letters in a typical four letter word, or even in the correct, school taught, dictionary listed word for a male reproductive organ then I cannot see why that alliance has not had instant bans, restrictions and such. They are in 6th place a couple below us, so its not like they gone unnoticed in 1000th place.

If this pedantic attitude is so rampant then can someone tell me why in the top100 teams in Omega we have:

Bucking Frutal
Up Yours
Basketsim.com - I mean, come on, how blatant do you want !!

I dont mind any of them, and i dont honestly believe that Grepolis or Innogames mind them, as I have seen many similar and much worse in the 10months I have been paying and playing.

I think this is something personal and as such should not be condoned by Gordon or made up to be anything other than a clash of personalities. I dont know all the ins and outs but this is too specific to be what its being portrayed to be.

What a narrow little view you must have on the world.

You have missed the irony that your reasoning actually proves the very thing you are trying to reason against !!!

- This thread came about because I couldn't write "the sparta word" when talking about the alliance I have joined in Omega.
- I could not write the word because it has been censored.
- censoring something this minor is petty and frankly does not fit in with usual practice when compared to alot of evidence to the contrary
- this discussion is about what could have caused this specific word to be targetted when so many others are not

So any disruption to your little fluffy community of blinkered money paying sheep that are the ones who allow you lofty mods your pitiful amount of gold each month for being a puppet police force to actually help someone effectively be a dictator in his own online fiefdom is actually caused by that dictators actions, not because we felt like we had a chance to enjoy some fun and have a very weak little pun on several levels with a name that used to be accepted.

Which ironically means you are right. The actions by some DOES indeed justify the word being censored as without it we would not see the true light of how this place is structured.

J.

DeletedUser

The censorship is causing more disruption than when it wasn't, can't you read?
Only because you guys are making such a fuss about it.

Like Pythagorus said, it's been filtered, so you're going to have to deal with it. Ac04 has the power to what he wants and complaining about it isn't going to change anything. (Well it might, but having that happen is probably pretty low) I know Ac04 didn't really give a solid statement as to why he banned it, which isn't really fair at all, but once again he has the power to do that and until he or another decide otherwise you're just going to have to deal with it.

Don't think I'm agreeing with what he did, personally I think it's unfair as well, but there's nothing that can be done to change his mind. (probably)

On a side note..
I might agree with you if this was the ONLY "infraction" that exists we complain about....but it isn't and so therefore your opinion is wrong.......
His opinion is his own personal view on the matter, so I wouldn't really say it was wrong. You might disagree with it, but that's your own opinion.

DeletedUser

please don't ban me but:
GROW UP ADAM!!!!!!!
You can't just decide to censor a alliance name!
You can't ban people for hating you, or other mods
You can not tell me how someone will name a alliance

DeletedUser

Sorry mate.

But there is a team in the Omega called Bucking Frutal.

If I get infracted for using stars to blot out most the letters in a typical four letter word, or even in the correct, school taught, dictionary listed word for a male reproductive organ then I cannot see why that alliance has not had instant bans, restrictions and such. They are in 6th place a couple below us, so its not like they gone unnoticed in 1000th place.

If this pedantic attitude is so rampant then can someone tell me why in the top100 teams in Omega we have:

Bucking Frutal
Up Yours
Basketsim.com - I mean, come on, how blatant do you want !!

I dont mind any of them, and i dont honestly believe that Grepolis or Innogames mind them, as I have seen many similar and much worse in the 10months I have been paying and playing.

I think this is something personal and as such should not be condoned by Gordon or made up to be anything other than a clash of personalities. I dont know all the ins and outs but this is too specific to be what its being portrayed to be.

J.

I don't agree with it....I was just trying to put a different spin on it which people didn't seem to be getting.

And before Dom gives me de rep for supposedly sucking up I would expect him to read my posts and understand diplomacy in some way. The ability to try to understand everyones point of view no matter how different to your own is not sucking up...at least you signed it though.

DeletedUser

You can't just decide to censor a alliance name!

If you haven't realized it by now, the word was not censored based on the alliance, it was based off the other forum and its purpose.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you didn't notice Tyrion's post.

DeletedUser4577

Bucking Frutal
Up Yours
Basketsim.com
- Lol, Well if sparta got banned for the link then having a website as your name is much worse right? lol...

Anyways yeah I agree some alliance names can become offensive and so forth and need to be banned or at least told "Hey this is in some circles an offensive message so from hence forth your name will need to be changed and wont appear as it is now again. Thank you and we hope you understand since this is a grepolis community building forum/site/ect. ect...."

As for the link being posted about the sparta thing it probably shouldnt have been posted in the first place since I am sure somewhere in the rules it stats you cannot advertise outside sites/forums.

please don't ban me but:
GROW UP ADAM!!!!!!!
You can't just decide to censor a alliance name! - Yes he can...
You can't ban people for hating you, or other mods - No but has this ever actually happened?
You can not tell me how someone will name a alliance - He cant but he can tell you to rename yours.
If it is all justified.

As you all arent really realizing is this isnt america "land of the free". This is grepolis with rules/regulations and so on. You must come onto this site, read the rules then follow them.
In all rights this name I dont think is right to have but so are a lot of others. If this one gets the boot then a few others should as well all over grepolis but as it seems to me the main thing that happened was some link?

DeletedUser17088

here comes a very impartial comment :D

can we keep personal insults to a minimum please, thanks a bunch.

DeletedUser

I'm gonna have to join the other side on one issue. And before you guys start screaming "what this is madness" I must explain. We were obviously spam advertising a forum that we named Spa rtard forums. Adam had a perfectly good reason to ban the word, we were using it in our advertisements. It was in the url. Since he removed the word, he wouldn't have to go around giving out infractions for advertisement.

-----------------

As for a solution to the problem... Arguing is never going to solve anything. If you've ever looked at American politics you can easily see that. So I'll come to a midpoint. Adam, how about we change the domain name of our forums to something like Spartacular forums and you can ban "Spartacular" instead so that we can actually talk about our alliance without being censored.

Status
Not open for further replies.