Sotw #4

DeletedUser

not meaning to be pushy, but when will the sotw be put up for votes? been 5 days already.

DeletedUser

Ac04's laptop has not been working for a few days so when he gets access to his laptop again he will post them.

DeletedUser

Uhm, I hate to be the one to point this out but uhm.. you are the GFX mod. You have the ability to make polls. Why not just have people resubmit their entries to you and you can post them.

DeletedUser

Uhm, I hate to be the one to point this out but uhm.. you are the GFX mod. You have the ability to make polls. Why not just have people resubmit their entries to you and you can post them.

Believe me I am aware of this and that possibility. But the reason I wasn't the one organising this week's SOTW and a few weeks before that is because I am extremely busy at the moment. I have notified the other mods and most of the members here about my situation and why I'm not able to do it at the moment. Once my RL issues fall into place I will resume my duties as the GFX team and set up the necessary competitions.

DeletedUser

sotwlogocopy2.png

how did you make this? i wanna make something like it :)

DeletedUser

I have made the text using a program called Cinema 4D R12 (the program used to make C4D's). After I made the text, I opened it in photoshop and added the simple effects behind it.

DeletedUser

oh you used c4d, i'd get that but it's like 2 gb and the fastest speed i can get is 200kb/s

i know some guys that do some cool C4D's.

heres an example of what they did:
2prxy11.gif

DeletedUser

Yeah I've read a tutorial on making exactly that kind of animated avatar, but my laptop overheats when I try to render anything on that program.

DeletedUser

lol, it must be that the fan is cluttered with dust and stuff.

what laptop do you have?

DeletedUser

i've got a 2 year old Macbook. The fan is cluttered with dust, smoke and just about everything at this point :)