Ships speed issue (Lighthouse + Cartography)

DeletedUser

I have 2 cities, one with both lighthouse and cartography researched, the second none of them, I expected to get 15%+10% speed difference, but travel time is only 15% faster in the first city!?

I am testing by attack estimate to each other, so the distance is exactly the same either way. Any idea what the problem is?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

hi reza5, we're just gonna test this to make sure and one of the mods will let you know (although possibly only tomorrow)

DeletedUser

I figured it out! Sounds like the difference for short distance (less than an hour) is 15%, but for longer distances (over 4 hrs.) the difference is ~25%! perhaps the estimate that attack popup gives is not accurate?!

DeletedUser

sorry for the delay, good to see you've been looking at it too :)

the effects def seem to be stacking additively (i.e. ending up at ~125% speed) from what i can see. i didn't check any of the short-range things you're talking about, although tbh it doesn't really make sense to me that it would stack in some cases and not in others (seems like extra programming for nothing). maybe in the short attack runs there is more rounding involved or something?

DeletedUser

hey can someone pls answer this (potentially dumb) question?

the wiki says : "Building a ... Lighthouse in your city will increase your fleets speed by 15%."

What fleets? All fleets? Or just the ships from that city?

DeletedUser

hey can someone pls answer this (potentially dumb) question?

the wiki says : "Building a ... Lighthouse in your city will increase your fleets speed by 15%."

What fleets? All fleets? Or just the ships from that city?
only naval units from the city with the lighthouse will be affected :) the same way your research only affects units from that city.

DeletedUser

Can someone tell if cartography works on colony ships as well or just the "normal units"? Since there is an extra research for colony ships in hero worlds, I'm a bit confused if it does or not...

DeletedUser19042

I'm not sure, but I do think it also affects the CS. :D

DeletedUser

Yep, def shortens cs travel time.. I noticed the speed issue as well between short and long distances.. It's like the programming has a formula for stepping up the speed over longer distances..