Athens Weekly- Alternative News | Issue One

DeletedUser

Athens Weekly | Issue One

We start off this week's edition with the interviews. I will add more, but so far I have secured three interviews. The alliances are SHIELD, The Enlightened and Two for Flinching, two being established alliances and another a up and coming alliance.

The Interviews

What is it that made you start SHIELD?

SHIELD was made in Xi long time ago by players from alpha who recruited some new players near their position. Most of the original crew don't play anymore, but the leadership and diplomacy was handed to those who decided to continue playing in Xi under the SHIELD banner. After I found out that Athens is about to be open I decided to play in it and asked the alliance if they will follow me to it, and some of them did. We gathered players from Xi, Alpha, Omicron and Pi in the beginning and accepted some new players willing to join us and play with us. No random invites were sent, we do know each other more or less

What are your targets?

Currently, everyone is, but as we all know things might change literally today in terms of diplomacy, you never know if we will get some new allies and when, but a pact or two is a possibility. The more the pacts, the less the targets

Where do you see your alliance in 2 months?

I'm not that sort of a player who looks into the future, but I deal with problems from the present in order to make a better future for the alliance. Great alliances rise and fall, small alliances get conquered or dismissed. You can never predict the future. We survived in Xi and are doing well while things weren't looking great few months ago when many predicted our fall

Are you pleased with your progress so far?

I am very much. Players are active and cooperative. Hopefully the current state in the alliance will be present for a long time.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

What is it that made you start The Enlightened?

Saw a new server starting up. Gathered a few players from other servers that I respect and just started it. I was on the council and an ocean commander for 'The Enlightened' (now The Seriously Enlightened) on Epsilon for a long time, which has been/still is the number 1 alliance there. Just figured some people would recognize the name.

What are your targets?

Well, we don't carry many/any pacts, so if you aren't in our alliance or haven't been contacted directly by me then you are a target. We like to use SHIELD players as our farms though. They tend to be easy targets ;)

Securing the O34/44 border and moving west to O54 eliminating any alliance or individual that stands in the way.

Are you pleased with your progress so far?

We have a solid group of mostly experienced players. We do not mass recruit. Everyone that is in this alliance has been hand picked or has contacted me directly and cited their experience. Make no mistake, we are very selective. Those that are sort of 'on the fence' of our requirements we monitor and if they don't live up to who we are (aggressive, attack-first ask questions later alliance) then they are kicked. Simple as that. So yes progress has been good.

________________________________________________________________________________________

What is it that made you join 24F?

I figured Riot merging with 24F would make us a hell of a strong alliance one to match NmE. Plus our founder, tuza, pushed us towards merging which was a good choice.

What are your targets?

After being conquered my target is to move back into O54 along with tuza and take my revenge on those who conquered me.

24F is an alliance that consits of eager and elite players and we hope to dominate this world and if not at least the north side of the world, along with NmE as the dominant power in the south.

Are you pleased with your progress so far, as an alliance?

I'm very pleased with my alliance, we are all active and taking part in ops and claims. The newbies are very eager to learn and are aggresive.

More to come including 24F leaders...

In other news....

Black Death Get Secretive

I innocently messaged Black Death with the same questions I sent the other alliances. I recieved a CIA like answer, "Not really bro, you are not in my alliance. I wonder what he has to hide? I'm sure we'll soon see, possibly a recruiting spree! Wow it rhymes!

The core.. a wonderful place of madness and noobs! But who exactly is running the oceans?

Well, in O45 Viking Warlords are coming out on top, with almost double the cities of NmE. However, the Nightmares have a much better city average.

In O44 SHIELD are ahead, with seemingly no competition.

Over in O54, Two for Flinching are running the show, with Disciples of Mars a fair way behind.

And finally, in O55, Black Death and NmE are in a battle for control, with NmE have a 600+ advantage in average city points.

That's all for this week guys, thanks to all who were interviewed. If you would like to be interviewed, write on this thread or PM me ingame, owen66.

In next weeks edition, we're talking NmE.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Heyyyy it looks like I got a competition here.OK competition accepted and by the way the interview is more like a PnP so it follows the rules.

DeletedUser

Heyyyy it looks like I got a competition here.OK competition accepted and by the way the interview is more like a PnP so it follows the rules.

I wouldn't say competiton. Perhaps, an alternative view on events in Athens.

DeletedUser

Tip:You can make an ABP ranking,Point ranking thing here because this is the Athens newspaper after all and putting those ideas will certainly make this newsletter's purpose fulfilled.

DeletedUser

Good job Owen and I liked the last part very much which said "In next weeks edition we are talking NmE".

DeletedUser

Thanks for the kind words guys.

I'll try to have the next edition up for Tuesday, but then fall back into a weekly pattern :)

DeletedUser20217

black death

hmm i wondered who you contacted there then lol, sure wanst me ;)

Well done Owen, nice thread

Last edited by a moderator: