Rejected Moderator Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser4013

Yes, I agree, perhaps though that may soon be a little confusing because the title for 50,001 posts is Legendary, although I doubt someone will have 50,001 posts in the near future.

Not quite true... ;)

DeletedUser

Craig has done more work for the community than every single forum moderator on these forums. I'd respect that he is recognized and at least thanked him for the labor that he has put forward on the Grepolis Wiki.

If you had read the wiki before Craig got added to the team last November I think you'd be surprised at the amount of effort put through since then.

Anyone with half a brain can lock a thread when it gets out of hand, or give an infraction every once and a while. A rare few people could have done what Craig has done with the wiki.

If anyone deserves a title for retired moderators, it's him.

--------

Also, about the legend stuff.

I'm not sure if many people have noticed, but our Co-CM Tyrion has been changing up the post count titles. That list Julia gave us 7 months ago is outdated, and I doubt it's still relevant. Legend could be at 4000 posts now for all we know!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17088

Craig has done more work for the community than every single forum moderator on these forums. I'd respect that he is recognized and at least thanked him for the labor that he has put forward on the Grepolis Wiki.

If you had read the wiki before Craig got added to the team last November I think you'd be surprised at the amount of effort put through since then.

Anyone with half a brain can lock a thread when it gets out of hand, or give an infraction every once and a while. A rare few people could have done what Craig has done with the wiki.

If anyone deserves a title for retired moderators, it's him.

--------

Also, about the legend stuff.

I'm not sure if many people have noticed, but our Co-CM Tyrion has been changing up the post count titles. That list Julia gave us 7 months ago is outdated, and I doubt it's still relevant. Legend could be at 4000 posts now for all we know!

I agree Craig did tons and deserves recognition, You however won't get a thing :D

DeletedUser

not really. however I dont think this is the place to dredge that kind of stuff publicly. Lets just have you two continue the convo in private so it doesnt drag our lovely threads off topic some more.

How about instead of titles or something we have R.I.P. and the time they put into being a staff member.

AC04

R.I.P. Co coma 1.8 years

something like that. With a minimum requirement of time for that to be put into place. Such as 6 months or something to be deemed worthy of the effort to place this.

DeletedUser17088

That sounds really good actually Cronus. RIP would look mega

DeletedUser18132

Well, they aren't dying, so that is a little extreme. Maybe" May you always be remembered"

DeletedUser4013

As far as I can see it, when a Mod decides to leave the team (this is different from being kicked) they do so because they have many things going on in RL that necessitated their departure. While I can see the merit in this, I would like to think that perhaps the former mod would prefer to play the game in peace, and not be bothered if there is no other mods online. They are no longer a part of the team and therefore cannot actually assist the players.

DeletedUser12512

I would think a little icon of a "Meritorious/Distinguished Service Award" might be more appropriate than RIP as it is a tad morose and misleading, and might give the wrong impression to players new or otherwise.

The Greek equivilant of an Iron Cross

DeletedUser

As far as I can see it, when a Mod decides to leave the team (this is different from being kicked) they do so because they have many things going on in RL that necessitated their departure. While I can see the merit in this, I would like to think that perhaps the former mod would prefer to play the game in peace, and not be bothered if there is no other mods online. They are no longer a part of the team and therefore cannot actually assist the players.

^

On top of that, most people who are ex-mods decided to leave on their own (i think i only know one ex-mod who was actually fired).

If someone decides to leave the team, usually, they do it because they lack the time to mod and this usually means they lack the time to continue playing grepo.

I dont know many ex-mods who still post other than a few so giving a title to all ex-mods would kind of be a waste.

It's not like we are doing anything or contributing to the forum anyway :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser18132

Or maybe make their name black, to distinguish them.

DeletedUser

this convo got lovely real quick . . . i dont mind anyone sharing their own business on why they got fired . . . but please dont say other persons that got fired . . . its realle no one's business to know unless gordo, tyrion, or they themselves disclose that information

thread closed for the moment

DeletedUser

thread re-opened . . . keep it clean guys

-visual aids would be nice . . . i might even do a poll (idk)

DeletedUser

some heroes werent demigods :p

and i was thinking something thatd never die . . . something that would be around for ages and ages ;)

How about DominoTX711 or KingButter (Both never seem to Die)

Sorry its late but i couldnt resist.

DeletedUser

Try This For Visual Aids:
SjsharksBoy

Former Hero

Chiliarch

Total posts : 1,456
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif