Eulogy for Project Venom

• Thread starter DeletedUser8969
  • Start date

DeletedUser8969

I come before you to mourn the passing of an institution of the Xi server if not grepo as whole. The alliance Project Venom is no more.

Project Venom has been one of the most successful alliances grepo has ever seen. Project Venom was a collection of some of the best players i have ever played with, but most of all Project Venom was a family.

It is not possible for an alliance to continue for as long as we have without having good times and bad times and we have always had the players and the leadership to meet those challenges even if those players and leaders had different names than their predecessors. Project Venom always had someone to pick up the banner and carry it into the next battle but no longer.

Project Venom has decided to end at the top instead of an inevitable slide into mediocrity. Project Venom has achieved much and for that i am grateful. An alliance is never just one individual or even a small collection of individuals. Contributions are made by those that never receive the same glory and recognition that others do.

Below is what i believe to be a complete list of all the players who have conquered cities under the banner of Project Venom. These are the people who made Project Venom what it was and what it is. Some contributions were larger than others but not even the smallest should be ignored.

Today is a day of Remembrance of those players and friends who have passed from Project Venom and for those who fought to the very end. Today for me is a sad day because Project Venom is no more. And for that I mourn.

7mm Mag II
agreen5894
Akkades
Alexander Magnificous
Alpertos
Alucardtnuoc
Alseids
ampfetamine
Andxerces
anselm
Archijs1992
Arcticblue
armandix86
ArShark
ArsonX
Arthur1978
Avarus
Asth
Auroritana
babut023
Baradacus
Bender The Offender
berserxes
BigBuilder
bigjd87
=Black-Knight=
Black pirate
Black to Black
Brady7
Brozeph
buck70
Buckeyes
bucwoody
Bushmaster420
carlos van dango 03
celso cunha
Chiron21
cloud9vdub
Conqueror8
ConstantinosPrevel
CROPY
Cueball76
daizan
dandolf
DancingBeauty
DarkG1AngeL
DarkOmen
Darkweave
DaSHmAk
Daytona915
Delcar
devilman06
DieselBoy
djestar
Dragot
duranddrew
eguthrie83
eltrip
eman reyalp
epist
Equanimity
ermirprince
eutychus
farmerthc
FBLynchy
Gigamlat
Goater69
Gortrex
Greywolfen
Gronbeck
Gundwane 2.0
Gutterman
Hamburglar
hashisfun
Hawkeye
Hector the Warrior
hilop
hoopi
HUMINT
iCyber
Ima Fiend
imom
J.n.c 93
JayBog
Jazella
Jennesis
johndo the graet
JoPetit
jose2644
jpindseth
jukebox
kabboo
kazimu
keenas
KillYouToday
KingB84
kipland
Kr1min4L
ladasha
laki67
Larissa72
little jac
Lord Monkey1
Magical1ne
manos de piedra
matthew 0504
mattymatty
martijngoofy
Martopolis
mcurphy
Melyinovsky
mercilex
MicheleeLunna
Mike1967
mikeg05
mikewarren
Milos21
MrGlenn
MrGumba
Molder
monstermonk
munafojx
Muzzz
nemanja88
neron.
oakenwald
oliurto
Ozemendizs
Petrona
Predatore
PrincessLozza
privatejoker
Puris
Pythagorus
R. Madrid
RacquetballKing
rm9832
ronnie147
ronnopolis
Ruges Kire
Runnik
saintchill
Sands of Time
Saturn22
SEANaGUN
SeanyBhoy1
SergioD
siekerrun
Skayla
Skullyhoofd
Soko
spartan-fury
spookytooth1
stabbed
stillin
StruX
Tainted Toxic Terror
ThaUnit
the show
TheGryphon
Tmesis
TommyKnight
TopCok
Toriah
twosocks
tzibaba
unistitelj
unit72
Urssu
Wandle
Wulfen
xXKILLWERXx
yevonvanzarovitch
ZUES had returned
zzCasperzz

and forever yours,

~socrates34

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

lol no no atti jut want to see whats happening if a new alliance is going to be formed with remaining players etc

but if they have all quit i will happilly clear citys for BP

DeletedUser

going from second favourites in our own home ocean to topping the entire core, project venomwas definitely a grepo journey that i won't be forgetting in a hurry :')

good luck to those of you staying behind, xi is up for grabs again so it should be interesting to see which alliances step in to try grab it.

DeletedUser10984

aww come on I just left Zeta so that I could concentrate on kicking PV *** and you guys decide to move on :(. Good luck to those going to Corinth as for those staying on Xi :cool:

DeletedUser

going from second favourites in our own home ocean to topping the entire core, project venomwas definitely a grepo journey that i won't be forgetting in a hurry :')

good luck to those of you staying behind, xi is up for grabs again so it should be interesting to see which alliances step in to try grab it.

yeah you guys done an amazing job mate i look forward to see what happens with the remaining players

i think a new alliance will be formed (well hopefully spice xi up a bit more lol )

DeletedUser

I think that Soc deserves a massive big up here not only for dominating xi but for leading the dominating alliance.... Massive respect for that also for remembering every name that was in PV.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yeah well played socrates for taking on command after Daizan left You did a great job.
Shout out to Daizan for forming PV and moulding it into what it became.

I really enjoyed playing with PV, this game is made for teamwork and thats what PV did best!

DeletedUser

I very much enjoyed my time playing with PV as well. Really great group of people with really excellent leadership :)

XXOO and goodbye :)

DeletedUser16429

I am amazed that PV lasted so long I was with ya'll for the first 3 months then quit but I still regret that decision.

Live for ever PV

DeletedUser

Good to see you pop up again Dai!

And PV was a great time in Xi. I started out in Xi with about a month of grepo experience and at the end I was a leader in the one of the best alliances ever formed. I learned a lot from everyone and upped my grepo game. Hoping to do more of the same in Corinth, and hoping to see a lot of the same teammates there as well.

Thanks to Soc and Milos for keeping us together, and to all the PV'ers that stuck it out through thick and thin, sacrificed for the good of the alliance, and made it such a great experience. Thanks all! :p

(I'd also like to thank some of the other alliances for sending numerous bireme attacks, solo CS attacks, and the ever popular transport ship with troops only attacks. How those were withstood only the grepo gods know.) :eek:

DeletedUser

I heard the news so i took my time to retrieve the forum password i forgot to make a post

I see not much players I played against are in Xi anymore and PV has divided into 2 alliances. A lot of you started in this 2.0 server Corinth while some continued playing in Xi. A mistake.

What will you do after like 10 months in Corinth? Will you do the same thing like in Xi? Maybe you won't even last that long in there because 1.26 is way better than 2.0. I tried Sigma which was the first 2.0 Grepolis conquest based server and left after a month because: of the farming system that allows you to farm with a push of a button that anyone can do instead of farming it with your units that most of them were to lazy to do or they never knew how, because of no new URL generating after doing a certain action that causes lag, slow script load, slow update and more inaccurate attack and support coordination.

New stuff like world wonders take year and a half to even fulfill the necessary requirements for what? 5% more favor gained? Or 18 minute less victory procession time? Phoenician trader sells mythical units (if they appear as an offer, and they do appear rarely) for 10000+ silver and the usual units for like 10 times more price of silver than they usually cost... some new feature eh? Hades is somewhat good out of all the new stuff, but the worst god out of all 5 of them. Cerberus is the only good thing he can provide you with followed by treasures of the underworld. erinyes are useless if you compare them to the equivalent slinger amount, defense is to low for that much farming space and it's expensive overall, mask of invisibility might be useful in terms of preventing your attack to get hit by zeus's rage, sea storm or desire, plague is one of those spells made to pi$$ people off just like earthquake and lightning bolt while return from the underworld can't be affected on LS nukes which would be a huge LS saver

Maybe you don't feel the same way as I do, but you will that I can say. My worthies opponents I ever had should have stayed in Xi or to say it better, shouldn't have joined 2.0 server. If you had enough of Xi after 10 months then you will have enough of Corinth after way less than that