Dedicated "Gold vs. No Gold" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

IMPORTANT!​

I don't want any personal arguements to erupt here. This is to be a civilized debate over the pros and cons of using gold, and whether it is really worth it. Also allowed here is discussion as to whether someone should use gold as a training aid.​

I realize many, many of you that see this thread will go "NO!!!!!!". I understand that. But I have gotten sick and tired of people, turning every single thread into a gold bashing thread.

I figure that no matter what happens, that will always be on this forum. So I figured I would bring some order to the chaos.

So, please, if you want to talk about the use of gold, just post here. Don't de-rail every other thread on the forum to prove a point.

Thank You

And Remember... STAY CIVIL-THIS IS NOT AN EGO FIGHT!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2524

I'm a gold user. I don't use a lot, really I just use admin, once I reach like 5 or 6 cities. That's it. I have nothing against people who use a ton of gold or people who use no gold at all. I buy gold to support this game and I find it nice that it helps me do better. I guess Inogames provides gold as an option, so if you want to use it you can.

DeletedUser

Personally I don't use gold. I mainly don't use it because I do not want to get sucked in too much or feel obliged to play because I invested money in it. I am aware that this is purely psychological. I have no problem paying for a game once and then play it to my hearts content, but I somehow feel compelled to play if I can keep on buying little things to enhance the game. And this will, eventually, diminish the fun of the game for me. I am, however, perfectly aware that not spending money might put me at a (big) disadvantage. If the disadvantage proves to be more than I am willing to deal with, then I will stop playing the game. I do not resent people who do spent money, because I know I make a conscious choice not to.

DeletedUser16679

I think the use of gold for admin etc is fair enough, I personally don't like that you can use gold to build troops and navy I feel this takes away some of the skill of the game and the gold user will always have the advantage as they can rebuild troops and navy quicker and over power their opponent no matter how skilled they may be.
Maybe a one off ( reasonable ) registration charge after a month playing may be a better way for the game makers to make their money and have an even playing field for all,

DeletedUser21560

I think the use of gold for admin etc is fair enough, I personally don't like that you can use gold to build troops and navy I feel this takes away some of the skill of the game and the gold user will always have the advantage as they can rebuild troops and navy quicker and over power their opponent no matter how skilled they may be.
Maybe a one off ( reasonable ) registration charge after a month playing may be a better way for the game makers to make their money and have an even playing field for all,

that will kill the game... 99% of the players will quit because its not free, and the rest 1% of spenders, will quit aswell because there is no players left in game...

DeletedUser3613

Its kinda like fight club, you all choose your level of involvement :p

DeletedUser16679

that will kill the game... 99% of the players will quit because its not free, and the rest 1% of spenders, will quit aswell because there is no players left in game...

Yeh maybe but I think allowing people to use gold for troops and navy will have a lot of people quitting too, I guess time will tell, I wasn't talking vast amounts of money im a miser i was talking $10 - $15 that's pocket money for a lot of kids that play these games and nothing in comparison to console games. personally i think everyone should have an equal playing field but i guess that wont happen,

DeletedUser

Here's my thoughts on gold:

the game's gotta have it. This is a for profit company that needs to make money. if they only use gold for advisors, etc then they limit the amount that one person can spend at a time to all the advisors every 14 days. the gold build time reductions allows individual people to spend a lot more money than they could if they could only buy advisors. the gambling industry has a term for huge gamblers called a whale. the rule is you don't kill a whale. this game just wants the chance to create their whales.

In almost every massive online strategy game the players that don't spend money cry about those that do. But they really don't hate everyone that uses gold, they hate the people that use gold that kill them. The guy in your alliance thats you buddy and uses gold is really cool.

So my advice is: quit crying about people using gold/money. its a necessary part of the game. make friends with the gold users. get to know them. when you get killed here and start on another world, if you want to start at the beginning of the world, make sure the alliance that you join contains at least a few gold users. then your alliance wont be naked at the beginning of the game.

DeletedUser16679

I dont think anyone on this thread was crying i thought it was a discussion,

DeletedUser

i agree. posts on this thread have not been crying. im commenting on the topic of this thread and the discussions i've read on other threads that this thread was meant to end/continue.

DeletedUser16679

Ultimately resources are needed for this game and you cant buy them ( yet ) ;)

DeletedUser

IMPORTANT!​

I don't want any personal arguements to erupt here. This is to be a civilized debate over the pros and cons of using gold, and whether it is really worth it. Also allowed here is discussion as to whether someone should use gold as a training aid.​

I realize many, many of you that see this thread will go "NO!!!!!!". I understand that. But I have gotten sick and tired of people like Kraniet and Thizzle (no offense meant),turning every single thread into a gold bashing thread.

I figure that no matter what happens, that will always be on this forum. So I figured I would bring some order to the chaos.

So, please, if you want to talk about the use of gold, just post here. Don't de-rail every other thread on the forum to prove a point.

Thank You

Sorry I find this thread quite pointless! Gold is what pays for the players to play the game with no gold their would be no game. There are lots of Pros of gold, and no cons bar leaving you with a lighter pocket.

We see threads like this on every world and using gold early on gives you a big head start if you use enough however It can't give someone skill in how to play, so all that hard earned cash goes to waste if you lose the city.

Ultimately resources are needed for this game and you cant buy them ( yet ) ;)

Using the Trader means you can summon him over and over and trade as needed to get unlimited resources. However you need an awful lot of gold to pull this off.

DeletedUser16679

Using the Trader means you can summon him over and over and trade as needed to get unlimited resources. However you need an awful lot of gold to pull this off.

Damn im wrong again lol :p

DeletedUser

Hi all, Just to say this game NEEDS gold players. Without them there is no game, so people must learn to deal with this fact.

On the other hand allowing people to use gold to reduce troop/ship building times is a VERY bad idea..

Imagine you get attacked and destroy the incoming forces at a great loss to your self, the (gold) attacker starts to rebuild and uses not only gold but divine powers (pop growth + call of the ocean) to reduce recruitment times..well for 20 gold and divine power a largeish fleet could be built in quarter of the normal time.

That would then make this game very unplayable nor non gold users, which WILL make people leave and if most of the non gold players leave then what will the gold players do..get bored and leave as well

DeletedUser

@ Saska-

I only created this thread to move the forum-wide debate to one thread.

I agree with everything you said, but I personnally grew tired of finding gold-related arguements in prectically every thread I viewed. So, I created this. With luck, people will now be willing to actually allow other threads to exist as they were designed.

Does that make this thread pointless?

DeletedUser1405

This thread is far from pointless, and if it works to get all the Gold dsicussions into One place i commend your actions bud.

I use Gold in early worlds for quick set up, i dont like to fall behind to much so use it for the basics of building. I dont like the idea of being able to use it to double the speed of troop building bud its there so i will use it.
Gold keeps the game alive and the creators looking for new ways to improve it and without it the game would have ceased an age ago because we wouldnt have the new worlds and set ups to work with.
So i say if its there and you want it then use it.

DeletedUser

Resources can't be bought as long as that doesn't happen the game will balance out itself

People referring to that you theoretically can keep buying and dismissing the trader in the harbor apparently does not think over the incredible large amount of luck and money that this approach needs it is nowhere near a viable option unless said player is willing to spend thousands of dollars on a mere game i know none in my alliance that is willing to spend that much. I'm not saying that gold is not spend now and then just that gold is not the reason for the top players is on top it is simply time spend on the game since day one

DeletedUser21418

Ego fight LOL what du you call this

IMPORTANT!​

I realize many, many of you that see this thread will go "NO!!!!!!". I understand that. But I have gotten sick and tired of people like Kraniet and Thizzle (no offense meant),turning every single thread into a gold bashing thread.

Thank You

You're out of reach, you type in a thread that I start talking about gold and over again, and you with this thread at the same time will avoid the same talk that has run in multiple threads, for starters I would like to ask you about to find a single thread where I acted as the moving party in this thread is once again you as continue your personal attacks because it apparently is the only expression you know, while you do you advocate the sensible talk , one gets a bit of nausea by ¨
Perceive you as a direct unsympathetic, but unfortunately for you, there are several in here as easily see through.
You've just made ​​a thread more to serve your own purposes, and it will once more go wrong.

Try to play the game and put words behind your mouth castoreum, well no, you do not now hav

slobo.c

Strategos
I dont use gold.....I dont see a point of it!
But now maybe in 2x worlds becouse of new farming you can use Capitan or Admin.
to make your job easier :D !!!!

DeletedUser

You're out of reach, you type in a thread that I start talking about gold and over again, and you with this thread at the same time will avoid the same talk that has run in multiple threads, for starters I would like to ask you about to find a single thread where I acted as the moving party in this thread is once again you as continue your personal attacks because it apparently is the only expression you know, while you do you advocate the sensible talk , one gets a bit of nausea by ¨
Perceive you as a direct unsympathetic, but unfortunately for you, there are several in here as easily see through.
You've just made ​​a thread more to serve your own purposes, and it will once more go wrong.

Try to play the game and put words behind your mouth castoreum, well no, you do not now hav

I did not deliver a personal attack. I mentioned your name, perhaps in error. I meant no offense, but you are rather opinionated, and you make no attempt to hide it.

I will remove your name from the initial post.

As for the rest of the post, it appears it is nothing more than a personal attack on me.

1. Personnal attacks are the only form of expression I know

2. Because I support calm debate, you get sick

3. I put up a facade of uncaring, but the majority of people don't believe it

4. I have made a thread for... some reason that will serve no purpose but my own.

5. I am a pathetic noob that cannot play this game.

Right.

1. Whatever you say.

2. This does not make any sense to me whatsoever. We can, and should, be civilized.

3. It is not a facade, I truly could care less about the use of gold. I just don't like that certain forum members dislodge every thread, claiming discrimination for being a gold user.

4. I made this thread not for my purposes, but for the forums' purposes. If I try to post anything on here, BOOM! It is spammed to death in less than a day!

5. Trying to bring up expirience in games like this rarely works for you. I may not be the most expierienced player on here, but expierience is not the only thing that counts.

Now, please, can we stay on-topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.