DeletedUser

Omicrontime.png

ISSUE #4

BY: sablanizon

Player Interviews

Murtius
The Unit
How did you started playing grepolis?

I came across this game one day and I have played games like it on my PC (but never on line) so I decided to give it ago, ever since then I have been hooked.

Who thought you the ropes to be a successful grepolis player?

Many moons ago in Delta I was part of a collision which was involved in a war much like the current wars here in Omicron. There was a core collision with 2 main alliances and we were on their eastern front. They along with a few other alliances were at war with many alliances. They were powerful and experienced players and from watching how they attacked and defended I learned quickly how to play this game.

What is the best alliance in omicron? why?

I don't think there is currently anything between TU and BS they both have their strengths and weakness'. I believe at this moment both of them are equal as the top alliance in this world.

Who is the best player in omicron? why?

Its got to be Val everything about the guy is class from his skills to his attitude he is just a great player and a pleasure to work with.

What current wars are you in as of this moment?

Alpha and their academy and pockets of fighting with DF.

How did the war/wars started? and since when?

I think I have explained enough times how this war started so I'll skip this one if you don't mind.

Which alliance would you want to see go to battle?

Alpha and anybody in the south so they wouldn't have anywhere to run.

Who is your toughest enemy if any?

I'm not sure if you mean alliance wise or personally here? So alliance was BS, dam them boys can fight and there was like a million of them back then. There was times when I almost regretted attacking them lol. Personal toughest enemy, well I took a bigger loss from attacking Zodd than anybody else so I guess that would make him the toughest.

Do you think your addicted to grepolis?

I was addicted to this game at one time but I don't think I am now as I can drag myself away from the laptop when I really need to :)

Predict the last standing alliance in the end of the omicron world.

The last alliance standing in this world doesn't exist yet, with the high rate of inactivity due to the on going wars and 2.0 I highly doubt many if any alliance can maintain itself without a merger until the end.

BloodRed26
Grimm Sleepers
How I started ??
Was playing a lot of online poker and needed a break, always been a gamer in my spare time so clicked on a link for Grepolis to see what it was about and I am still here much to my wife's disgust. At the time was also playing Sid Meier's Civilisation Revolution on PS3 so similar games but Grepolis is much more interactive.

Learning the ropes ??
In the beginning the game came pretty natural to me. Did a lot of reading of the forum wiki's to get a handle. From there it was just learning the basics by my mistakes. The thing about this game is that you can learn from every action, either offensive or defensive and get a different angle from every player who does something different. If I had to narrow the two most influential players on my game style and tactics I would say MisterMalas and BASchua who no longer plays but I believe he would now be challenging for the #1 offensive player in Omicron. There would be more but due to the word limit imposed on this publication I will stop.

Best Alliance ??
Outside of Grimm Sleepers I would have to say BLACK SEA. It is one thing to read about other alliances but another to fight them. For this reason the best I have fought is BLACK SEA and they get my #1 rating. It is hard for me to accurately assess the others mostly due to my location.

Best Player ??
As with best alliance it is hard to judge all players because this is a war game and I haven't fought everyone...yet. There are a few candidates and again I will step outside my own alliance. Given the factors that I would judge a good player by I am going to say bobytza. Given that he was almost on the rim in the early stages, to make a comeback as he did is testament to his abilities. He is a great defender and based on his leadership of BLACK SEA you have to give credit for his tactical knowledge of the game. SirVlad would be the best I have fought against and potentially as good/better than bobytza tactically, if he were the leader of BLACK SEA then the scales would have tipped in his favour.

War ??
Grimm Sleepers currently are at war against BLACK SEA along with their allies. Due to our location their allies are not readily accessible to us so we are stuck fighting BLACK SEA. This war has been waging for many months from the days of D3TH, I didn't start it but I am pretty certain it started over a BS attack on our Academy Alliance at the time Toxic Virus.

Which alliance would I like to see go to battle ??
I would like to see Greek Empire take on BLACK SEA. I understand they are allies but GE have done nothing of note yet except recruit and clean up the Eastern Oceans. Would be interesting to see them come up against an alliance matching them for size and ability...if they have any. GE are still a question mark in my opinion so would like to see them put to the test.

Toughest Enemy ??
You are only as good as the men (or women) that fight beside you. Again a few candidates on an individual basis but I will have to say cb#'s as I haven't taken a city from him in a few attempts.

Addicted ??
Probably but there is no doubt I am in denial, I attended a few meetings of Grepoholics Anonymous but decided they weren't for me. There are plenty worse things in life to be addicted to so I will be here for as long as I continue to enjoy it.

Last Man Standing ??
I expect the last remaining alliances left to fight for this world will be Grimm Sleepers and The Unit.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Niels Andersen
Alpha

How did you started playing grepolis? I'm an old Axis and Allies player (the board game!) and I was looking for a good strategy game

Who thought you the ropes to be a successful grepolis player? Two players had the most influence were Spiller and Hamwise; they not only explained the technical aspects of the game but much of the reasoning behind it

What is the best alliance in omicron? why? While we've taken our lumps recently, I have to say Alpha; we want our players to grow but mostly want them to learn and have fun; we don't force growth rates or threaten players to play, we try to encourage and provide help; lastly, we are loyal to each other, while other alliances have collapsed after ferocious attacks from an enemy, we have absorbed the loss of many cities, our largest players to real life, spies, defections, and we still have a tremendously loyal core and continue to grow new superstars

Who is the best player in omicron? why? From a purely attack perspective probably valheru or The Unit or vlad of Black Sea, they both are relentless on the attack and wear a defender down; however as a defender, Spiller of Alpha is unmatched, his ability to time his defensive moves to maximize the destructive force with minimal loses is remarkable

What current wars are you in as of this moment? We are in a war primarily with The Unit, the are aligned with Black Sea and have just enlisted United Warriors to fight us as well

How did the war/wars started? and since when? The war with TU started due to a dispute between the leaders and Alpha's passive support of Hegemony in their war against them; the war has raged for months

Which alliance would you want to see go to battle? Black Sea and The Unit

Who is your toughest enemy if any? The Unit, they have a great core group of players who are skilled and play a good, if annoying, strategy game

Do you think your addicted to grepolis? No, it's a great way to pass the time and work my brain...and fight people

Predict the last standing alliance in the end of the omicron world. ALPHA ALWAYS

cb627cb627
BLACK SEA

1. How did you started playing grepolis?

I never played a browser game before grepolis. I can't remember how I found it.

2. Who taught you the ropes to be a successful grepolis player?

I really didn't have a meantor, I've learned a lot from many players. But as in RL most learning comes from making mistakes.

3. What is the best alliance in omicron? why?

Well obviously TU and BS are on top for now. As for which one is better, they are very different and hard to compare. Only time will tell.

4. Who is the best player in omicron? why?

Best at what?

Best leader: boby
Best attacker: Valhero
Best defender: boby
Best looking: Doolcee

I played with some very good players in a few different worlds, but overall boby is the best I've seen.

5. What current wars are you in as of this moment?

That's a long list.

In my area 54 & 44, my main war currently is with GS.

6. How did the war/wars started? and since when?

A small group of misfits from the rotten corpse of d3th, thought they had the right to be in my ocean :)

7. Which alliance would you want to see go to battle?

BS/TU/GE vs whoever thinks they have what it takes.

8. Who is your toughest enemy if any?

I don't currently have to many threats in my area.

9. Do you think your addicted to grepolis?

I don't know, you should ask my wife that :)

10. Predict the last standing alliance in the end of the omicron world.

The last standing alliance in this world most likely hasn't been formed yet.

DeletedUser

Valhero.ro
The Unit

i saw grepolis reclam on some site and i was curios

i learn grepolis on the first romanian server from my founder

i dont know but is between BS and TU
both have great players and very good fighting skils

i would say bobytza
he was smash by lynx in the past but he didnt give up he just raise like phonix from the ashes

we still fight alpha or the one ho dont go in VM stile

from what i remember was from the lack of loiality when we start the war against DOW and some attacks from spiller in that time to intimidate our players

TU v GS but we are very far

i realy dont have any

grepolis is just a source of relaxation for me

Predict the last standing alliance in the eng of the omicron world.

BS and TU will be the last ones i cant predict the wining alliance

R3dfox82
Grimm Sleepers

Played Tribal Wars for many years, saw the ad, clicked, and was hooked. As much as I enjoyed TW, I do like this game more.

With the similarities to TW, no one in Grepolis taught me much... I would have to put the thanks to D3TH, w22, TW. Yes, that's where I got the name :D

The best alliance, is the one that wins. It's still anyones game.

I think there are a lot of great players here. Size doesn't matter. To me, whomever has the highest points/ABP/DBP avg would be "The Best" Though they're position/alliance helps big on that. Having a great alliance that you know will have your back, gives you the freedom to be a little more aggressive and increase your ABP. Plus being in the right position to do so helps as well.

GS vs BS

D3TH & BS were allied during the Lynx war. Afterwards, I broke off all pacts with D3TH, I broke off the pact with BS, just because we were still at a distance from each other, and with Lynx (between us) more or less finished, and BS back on the rebuild, I didn't see a point in having a pact, because we wouldn't have any common enemies. Days later, BS attacked our academy, I wouldn't sit back and allow our academy to be attacked by our recent friends, so to war we went. When the members of GS left D3TH, they hoped to have a new start, and a new war of their own. But BS came for them, so the war continues.

Well (the way I play) I can't imagine BS is having much fun with the lack of targets & competitiion, the only battle I see being worth it, is BS vs TU. I know they are allies, but I am seeing players leaving this world due to boredom all the time. This is the longest war I have ever participated in in all the games I played. Due to their size in numbers, they should be just running over GS (gulp) but it almost seems like they just lack the warrior spirit. They just go for it when they want another city, rather than trying to exterminate their opponent.

BS in general has been. I really have only done battle with a few of them... When my cities extended all the way to O55, I could have battled any of them, but with only a few cities there, I played the defense game mostly. Now that I have given up my Eastern cities, and focused on securing a stronger core, The only person near me to fight is avera.

My wife would say "Yes" But if BS finally manned up and brought an actual war to us, and I lost everything, would I care? No. It's a game. I have fun attacking, defending, but mostly just the comradery of it all. There's always other worlds, and new people (and old friends) to play with.

Can't say. Things can change so drastically. If I was to predict anything, The Unit. I think when they do finally bump heads with BS, BS has made so many enemies around the map, that TU is going to have a whole bunch of new allies, while BS won't have a hole to poop in. TU, being the ally of BS is considered an enemy as much as BS, but with BS between us, we've never met. And TU (Murtius) isn't on the forum constantly bashing people like members of BS do... so I see BS eventually being knocked out with no friends...

DeletedUser

Tom82q
D3ATH

Was looking for a similar game to Age of Empires online and i just stumbled across it.

Who taught you the ropes to be a successful grepolis player?

Difficult to say, i set up an alliance a fair while after Omicron started and all the members were noobs at the start so we all learned off each other. When i joined D3ATH i quickly learned a lot from Luminang who has now sadly left.

Black Sea unfortunately. No one comes close to the organisation they have. D3TH would still have been number 1 if it hadn't been for inactives though.

Difficult question but BloodRed26 probably just pips it.

We are fighting The Throne at the moment, counterproductive because we are both "bad guys" but sometimes s**t happens. Also supporting the front line cities against BS in O45.

We were the D3TH academy so have fought BS since the beginning of D3ATH.

The war with The Throne is down to interpretation, stubbornness probably sums it up quite well.

BS and TU.

Black Sea is the only notable enemy i have come across.

When you go to bed at 2AM and set an alarm for 5AM to time an attack you know you are addicted!

I have to believe GS will be the last ones standing.

sablanizon
Grimm Sleepers

I was watching youtube and saw the ad. Clicked it and I never turned back.:). The game reminded of world of warcraft and Command and Conquer and I am in to military strategy based games.

The folks in D3TH, I was a total noob compared to them when I first joined. I was a kinda of an enemy of theirs before joining them, as I was with the lostsouls when the world began. Blood, Red, and the old timers of D3th that went away (Inactive) was the people that created the player I am today.

That is a hard wuestion to answer to be honest. I think there are about four or five alliances that are in that category:

-Black Sea
-The Unit
-Grimm Sleepers
-Defiled Forest
-Alpha

Now I have to go with my man CB, because he the current number 1 guy and my number 1 target. That’s if I can get to him.LOL. but to be honest there is no best player here in omicron. Because we have all attained and developed skills by learning from each other and our enemies, in game of course. Hehe.

I am Only going to focus on Black Sea. Because I am tired of seeing black stuff on my harbors. Lol.

Ever since CB called me rotten! Lol but it began since the days of D3th. When I first moved out they didn’t attacked me, but I was getting bored with BOH/BOJ that I decided to join my brothers In the war with them. And it is a wargame after all.

BS vs TU POINT BLANK

Black Sea

I think I’ll make my wife answer that, Honey will you?

Freaking Grimm Sleepers of course.

Dilios The Great
Greek Empire

I was looking over the shoulder of my 13 year old son who looked to be playing an interesting game. I asked what he was playing and he said it was a real hard game he had heard about where you build cities and attack people to take their cities. He showed me a little bit of the game so I sat down one night and started my own account.

Who taught you the ropes to be a successful grepolis player?

My first teacher was a player named Mohammed, who was a university student and soccer player in Africa. He was very patient and thorough with his new and, I'm sure, very annoying student. However, he only played the game for about 8 weeks before his Final Exams and his athletic schedule didn't allow him time to play the game. I also got a lot of help from Klifford who ended up leaving our alliance to play with some friends of his in The Unit. He was a personal friend and ally until he decided to leave Omicron for personal reasons. I have also gained a lot of knowledge by doing some boneheaded things which make me laugh now, but I will not be making them public.

Well, thats easy, The Greek Empire Group of Alliances of course. I think they are the best because the communication across the entire group generates amazing results with regard to attacks on a player or group of players as well as support for a member or a group of members. There is also a system in place to share knowledge across the entire group of alliances so the level of play is raised for everyone.

It would be easy to say that the best player in Omicron is the guy at the top of the leaderboard on any given day. However, I think the best players of the game need solid core strengths in diplomacy and politics as well. I guess that would narrow the list down to the leaders of the top alliances in Omicron. They have certainly demonstrated their skills by guiding their players through many successful campaigns. I don't know all of them well enough to pick just one, but I think any one of them might deserve the title of "Best Player in Omicron".

The Greek Empire Alliances are currently engaged against SPARTAN GODS and a small break away group of former Brotherhood of Justice players that have formed a small alliance called Little Brother. However, we consider ourselves part of a team of alliances that consist of The Unit, BLACK SEA, The Argonauts - Unit and a few others I won't name because I'll forget one and get a nasty gram in my inbox. Obviously, being a part of this group will bring us into conflict with some alliances we have yet to exchange battle points with. We look forward to testing ourselves against them.

Our current conflict with SPARTAN GODS only revolves around geography and the fact that they are occupying real estate that we want. Our conflict with Little Brother is a little more personal as those players were considered Greek Empire team members until about a week ago when a former Brotherhood of Justice leader had such a large philosophical conflict with how Greek Empire operates that he felt that annihilation for him and the players he could convince to follow him was a more attractive option. Some peoples choices in this game continue to amaze me.

I want to see every alliance go to battle! It's the only way to learn what this game is about. I get a real kick out of the players that want to turn what is one of the best complex battle strategy games on the net into their own personal United Nations. Do these folks put Call of Duty into their Xbox's and try to invite the terrorists over for a burger and a beer? Honestly, what are they thinking? Best case is you survive, learn from your mistakes and try again. Worst case is you don't survive, learn from your mistakes and start over from scratch and try again.

We haven't come up against our toughest enemy yet. We look forward to it however.

I have already begun my 12 step program in Grepoholics Anonymous. The simple fact that I have done well enough in this game to be asked to answer one of these questionnaires is proof of my addiction. Now I will never be able to run for political office due to my association with all the rest of you addicts :)

There will not be 1 single 60 member alliance that is left standing in Omicron....won't happen. Simple physics of the human condition.

“A shout out to my peeps in TGE....You are a great bunch of folks that I'm enjoying getting to know.”

Current Events:

As can be seen from the interviews the world is at war. BLACK SEA, Greek Empire, and The Unit has the world living on the edge. But there are alliances out there that refuses to be cosidered weak and a push over. Grimm Sleepers, a few brave souls that were once part of the Legendary alliance of D3TH, is still in the running along side, Defiled Forest, Aplha, D3ATH, Spartan Gods, and all the other alliances not affiliated with BLACK SEA, Greek Empire, or The Unit.

What was once a peaceful world that was dominated by LYNX, D3TH, and now BLACK SEA and entourage, there are now a world of real warriors fighting constant wars like the days of old. May ZUES himself commend you all on the efforts you put in the wars, and even Hades himself is afraid to open the doors for such killer grepo-mainiacs.

I hope you all enjoyed the issue I am pretty sure the next one will be the next best thing.

Peace,

Sablanizon

DeletedUser

Nice job sab, I would + rep you, but I have to many times already :)

BTW, I looked through some of my posts to see where I called you rotten, and I didn't. I only said you were from a rotten corpse ;) I also called you a misfit, hapless, noobish, disloyal, lacking courage, a whiner and of course the "bad guys". But hey, water under the bridge, am I right?

DeletedUser

OK cb thanks for clearing that up :) and I was simply just trowing words around, I really wasn't insulted just wanted to add drama to the post. and yes water under the bridge:)

DeletedUser17564

Nice issue, thanks Sab.
If anyone wants more info on how the war between TT and D3ATH started contact me and I'll fill you in.

DeletedUser

Nice job sab, I would + rep you, but I have to many times already :)

BTW, I looked through some of my posts to see where I called you rotten, and I didn't. I only said you were from a rotten corpse ;) I also called you a misfit, hapless, noobish, disloyal, lacking courage, a whiner and of course the "bad guys". But hey, water under the bridge, am I right?

I have grown to like you mate, I see that you are not the total tyrant I thought you to be, and yes water under the bridge, but we are goin to have keep fighting! because I do enjoy the battles we have. Yours and sirvlad's. I like ow he attacks with the less amount of time possible. I am using your tactics as lessons when I open my university of war for grepo-maniacs.

Peace,

sablanizon

DeletedUser

Great job sab, I would +rep if I could but I've done it too much already..
I know I promissed to help but I was really busy, I'll make sure I'm on time with the next issue!

DeletedUser

Great job sab, I would +rep if I could but I've done it too much already..
I know I promissed to help but I was really busy, I'll make sure I'm on time with the next issue!

I will hold you to that! :cool:

DeletedUser

Just inputed some updates on the player interviews. I still have a few more to post still awaiting their response. Enjoy mates!

DeletedUser

Spoiler: Issue Number 5 Is being worked on by w*arms and Myself, if anyone is interested in joining us just post here or PM me in-game. We are thinking of making this a monthly edition. With a couple more minds and manpower involved be expecting more int his next edition:

-Player interviews
-Maps
-Competitions
-I dont wanna spill any more beans :p

Peace,

sablanizon

DeletedUser19174

Nice work on Issue #4 Sab.

Looking forward to the next issue.

DeletedUser

Hold off on the next issue, there is a big announcement coming up for TU in the next couple of days. I think it will change the whole world for everybody and will make things a lot more interesting ;)

DeletedUser

I am working on the next issue, could use a hand **cough** w*arms. And yes will hold on for the big announcement by TU.