the end of Epsilon

DeletedUser

i like the idea. just not sure HOW they would do that.
Not to sure either its easy to rant off the idea's :D they have the hard part of trying to implement or create the new innovative ways we suggest to improve game play if they take it on board of course :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

In a capitalist world it is fair to say that if Epsilon was making more money with less active players aboard then it would not be closed.
Regardless of whether a bar is set at 1000 active users, higher or lower, if Epsilon is making money then it will stay, if it is not meeting the income required, it will be closed.
Innogames are a business, not a charity.

Richard

Strategos
If epsilon is running low on players as time goes on why not merge a similar world with similar players with epsilon that would be cool new foes and alliances to fight etc

With the way in which the servers work (ie. the way towns are assigned to specific players, that kind of thing) I'm not sure this would be possible. Its been suggested in the past, and rejected.

I'd love something like this, in all honesty, but from what I gather it either isn't possible, or it isn't feasible.

DeletedUser6029

Not to sure its easy to rant off the idea's :D they have the hard part of trying to implement or create the new innovative ways we suggest if they take it on board of course :p

Ironically, this is how the idea of hero worlds/ world wonders came into effect in the first place. Everyone was on the forum GRIPING about not having an end game. Funny in many ways. It validates the old adage of "be careful what you wish for"

DeletedUser

With the way in which the servers work (ie. the way towns are assigned to specific players, that kind of thing) I'm not sure this would be possible. Its been suggested in the past, and rejected.

I'd love something like this, in all honesty, but from what I gather it either isn't possible, or it isn't feasible.
Yeah i know its tough work but surely you guys could figure it out ;) those who say it can not be done, Are usualy interupted by someone doing it :p

DeletedUser

Yeah i know its tough work but surely you guys could figure it out ;) those who say it can not be done, Are usualy interupted by someone doing it :p

I think it is a great idea. Not necessarily easy to implement, but the most important thing would be for migrated players to retain their slots. And then they might have something like an option to automatically take over ghosts, banned players within coordinates they designate, within a certain time limit.

just throwing out some ideas. already see some flaws, but they could also make things a bit more interesting;-)

DeletedUser4013

I know that there is some trepidation about the update to 2.0, and a lot of it centers around what it will include. I can state for a fact that the much reviled Troop Reduction feature will not be part of the upgrade. Also a mail will be sent in-game explaining in detail what to expect in the upgrade.

DeletedUser

I know that there is some trepidation about the update to 2.0, and a lot of it centers around what it will include. I can state for a fact that the much reviled Troop Reduction feature will not be part of the upgrade. Also a mail will be sent in-game explaining in detail what to expect in the upgrade.

Do you have any pointers on where to read up on what to expect from a 2.0 upgrade?

I am particularly interested in understanding the mechanics behind the wonder building. Who controls it? Leadership in the alliance? Members on the island?

What happens to a wonder if a member on the wonder island gets conquered or goes ghost?

What happens to wonders if two alliances merge? Is there a way to bring wonders over?

How does the wonder upgrade process work? Is it automatic or does it require some manual steps?

DeletedUser

I think it is a great idea. Not necessarily easy to implement, but the most important thing would be for migrated players to retain their slots. And then they might have something like an option to automatically take over ghosts, banned players within coordinates they designate, within a certain time limit.

just throwing out some ideas. already see some flaws, but they could also make things a bit more interesting;-)
Yeah i think it would be great as well it would certainly bring more players to the world and keep many interested maybe half the festival times as well to increase conquering that would help cleaning up in actives or ghosts faster

DeletedUser4013

Do you have any pointers on where to read up on what to expect from a 2.0 upgrade?

I am particularly interested in understanding the mechanics behind the wonder building. Who controls it? Leadership in the alliance? Members on the island?

What happens to a wonder if a member on the wonder island gets conquered or goes ghost?

What happens to wonders if two alliances merge? Is there a way to bring wonders over?

How does the wonder upgrade process work? Is it automatic or does it require some manual steps?

I would begin by looking on the Wiki under the 2.0 Portal. There is a lot of information in there.

As for the Wonders, I will answer this as best as I can with the information that I have:

I would think that decisions on building a wonder and which one would depend mainly on how the alliance is formed and run. Other than that, I cannot give you more of an answer.

If the alliance loses complete control of an island either through a ghost or conquest/revolt, then building of the wonder ceases and all progress is lost past the last completed stage. So if you were around 60% done building Level 5, then you would drop back to Level 4 of the Wonder.

When two alliances merge, one of them has to disband. If an alliance disbands, any WW progress they have made is destroyed, so it stands to reason that at least one of the alliances will have to sacrifice any work they have done as a part of the merge.

Upgrading/Building the wonder is done by resource shipments. Any one in the alliance can do this. These are manual and are sent directly to the Wonder, and not to a player.

DeletedUser

why would they lump all 1.0 world votes together instead of tallying votes by each world. it is ridiculous to think the players of the 5th world feel the same as the players in the 15th world created.

this whole thing has made grepolis exhausting and less fun.

also, if what isajooon says is true about paying for halfing troop building times and extending spells, etc then i am extremely wary of 2.0 now. the game becomes a game of pocket books and not skill.

as Enga said, i need administrator to manage my many cities, 123, and enjoy the world. But, giving players the option to spend money to fill a cleared city with troops or extend spells is an example of greed creeping into the development of the game.

Richard

Strategos
Hey guys, to clarify it has already been stated the troop reduction premium service wont be included.

This post should clear it up

Please note the big letters arent aimed at you guys, but the threads which keep being made asking the same question in Acropolis.

Hope this helps :)

Richard

Strategos
The full features list should be released soon, watch this space. (well, the forums at least, not this specific space)

DeletedUser

i didnt know that. thats actually awesome bc i found the troop reduction to be a very big advantage for the gold users (i am one myself and i will use it if i feel like i need to, but for others who dont have the money, i would think it's a bit unfair).

DeletedUser

Good troop reduction is stupid. Even halving build times is stupid.

Can you guys also perhaps make it more clear on whether or not Towers will in fact add 10% defensive strength to your biremes as listed on the wiki for 2.0? Some of us are still a bit confused as to whether this is fact or fiction for both worlds let alone just 2.0

DeletedUser4013

I believe that the 10% Tower bonus is still available in 2.0, but the description in-game says troops only. I will look at getting this clarified and have the Wiki changed as needed.

DeletedUser

if they moved the adamant 1.0 players to one world
it wouldn't be too much for them to manage 1 world
and i guarantee it would be one of the most successful worlds ever

DeletedUser

why? most of what we stay around for is the love of our enemies. err. I mean the love to beat our enemies....