Dedicated "Gold vs. No Gold" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Well Mike if it will be like you say then all will be bought with gold, I hope it will not happen because even now game have progressed way to far with gold usage!!
It is actually funny to watch your so smart posts ! :D

DeletedUser345

I use gold because i have too.

I hate it and its so much worse than 1.26 but its the only way to grow here. You dont need skill or experience you need a deep wallet.

DeletedUser21770

You don't have to at all. I didn't even bother with gold until this week and I was perfectly fine. Only using it now due to the length of time I'm spent waiting for the buildings to finish up (seriously, 10 hours for the senate D= ) and I'm impatient.

It's completely optional to use it. Sure, in some cases it may be more difficult that way, but that's just the way it is and always will be. If the game was easy, you'd get bored.

Mike simply stated the truth lynx. No need to try mocking him for it.

DeletedUser

Hi guys! I just started so I can't say to much; but so far I have not needed to use any gold to grow my city, just patience!!

I can see how it would help with troop & building speed but other than that the gold all seems to be a convenience thing more than a tool to get far ahead!

But like I said this is my first play through and may get destroyed by a gold user yet :)

If there is any more advantages to gold I may have to do a few surveys (for the free gold coins) & try it out for myself (using gold)..

DeletedUser

Hi everybody
Love this gold no gold Debate

Have anyone notice, that no forum admin ever stops gold players.
Guys the Gold pay their fee, the gold players pay for this game.
GOLD IS EQUAL TO ALL -JUST PAY

As for personal attacks. This forum is so low that i will mention no names. But I must say i made a mistake thinking any opposition would rise on this server.

You are all whining all the time, no one has yet delivered any solid proof of there abilities. I hope this being because all the knowledged and experience players are smart enough, to not shout about own abilities online.

Pros: GOLD MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND
Cons: It makes the lousy players whine all the time

Best Regards
NO GOLD PLAYER MINI ME :)

DeletedUser

Gold just gives some people a head start.

Do you really think people will be paying for their new cities after they have 10 or so? The cost increases exponentially, so it's super efficient to buy your first few cities and then less so to get the rest.... Having said that, once you have your first ten or so, you can easily produce enough res to get the bp or festivals required for more cities.

So what it really boils down to is this - if you want to be ranked in the top ten in a 2.x world you will need to shell out ~100 bucks to kick start your account. Period. That's how the game is.

If you don't want to spend 100 bucks, then just get some birms, dig in, and get there the hard way. Simple as that....

DeletedUser1405

Well Mike if it will be like you say then all will be bought with gold, I hope it will not happen because even now game have progressed way to far with gold usage!!
It is actually funny to watch your so smart posts ! :D

There is nothing smart in posting things how you see them, and what i said was that Gold doesnt make the player there are plenty of decent players in this world that dont use it.
Yes i admit some have made good use of it to get ahead but its not as bad as you are making out.
The world will even itself out Once people start to conquer villages and the experienced player will shine through. Its that type of world. If you find that my comments are funny i just say dont pay heed to them.;)

DeletedUser14786

It seems to me that the biggest complaint again gold and those that use a lot of it is that the advantages it gives are too large.

In my opinion, the use of gold represents a large advantage in grepolis, particularly in 2.0. The 2.0 farming system allows players to demand resources all day, whereas in 1.26 (or whatever you want to call the patch) eventually the mood of the one's farms became too low to loot further, and so one had to take a couple hours off from farming runs, or had to loot other player's cities for additional resources. In 1.26 this meant that players were limited on how much they could earn per day from farms; I think if you were clever about it you could potentially get around 88,000 resources per island per day (upon request, I can explain how I got this number). In 2.0, even with just 5 level 3 farms, one can get a potential of 87,500 resources per island per day. Now here's the kicker:

The administrator allows a larger building queue. If you're online 24 hours a day this doesn't make much of a difference, except that whereas with a 2 building queue you might overflow with resources, you can spend your extra resources on the extra 5 buildings you can queue up. However, if you are on and off the internet throughout the day the administrator enables you to have continuous building. Over the course of 3-4 weeks, even without farming the difference is notable (I've founded about 25-30 cities on lambda, they grew twice as fast with the use of the administrator). Moreover, the attack overview available with the administrator puts all of your orders in one place and makes it far easier to snipe attacks, line up attacks close to one another, and allows a player to quickly browse through all of their cities as soon as an attack comes online. Additionally, the other overviews allow players to quickly run festivals, fill caves, queue barracks and harbors and do all the other administrative stuff daily in far less time than players that don't use the administrator. The time that players save on doing these things frees up time for farming, among other things. Especially when players acquire over 40 cities, they can save a huge amount of time using the administrator.

Captain gives 20% extra strength to the navy. That's a big bonus, and noticeable. What is more important though, is that the captain allows players to farm all the farms on an island with one click. This actually saves quite a bit of time for players, especially when they have 3 or more cities. Specifically, I estimate players can cut down about 80% of the waiting for individual farms to load on the browser by using the captain (one click instead of 8!). Over the course of a day, with perhaps 120 demands per farm (perhaps 300!) this is actually a significant amount of time that premium players free up for themselves to commit to other things. And remember, with the 2.0 farming system players can potentially gain far more resources by farming than they ever could in grepolis 1.26. In reality, the players that don't use Captain to free up this time generally just end up farming less and have far fewer resources to devote to building their city and troops. In this way, grepolis awards players for activity-- but in a very extreme way.

Merchant gives 30% extra resources from the farm nodes. With fully built up cities, 30% extra resources translates to 30% extra troops (If you are constantly fighting other players and never completely fill your nukes). With farming, this the difference between players that use merchant and those that don't is somewhat less than this.

Commander gives 20% extra troop strength. Again, this is a noticeable difference. High Priestess gives extra favor; the only way I can see this being abused is the fact that aggressive players are able to buff 50% (on average) of their attacks, and have a much easier time running population growths and rebuilding myth nukes.

I believe other people have already commented on the advantages of being able to summon the Phoenecian Merchant.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

"In 2.0, even with just 5 level 3 farms, one can get a potential of 87,500 resources per island per day"

Please explain?

DeletedUser

First
mathematic way

Max resources you can farm up to is...
17500(res you can reach in one farm)*5(farm count)=87,500 resources

Now lets start farming....

(12(count of 5 min farming you can make in one hour )*24(hours))*5(farm count)=1440(count of farming times you can make in one day)

now lets use magic.....

farming with looting-1440*56=80640
farming with demanding-1440*28=40320

Second
Now lets use brains not just mathematic!

I am sure you are not bot and can not farm so accurately that you do not miss even second!
I am sure you sleep too, or am I wrong???

And what did you want to hear in explanation!!

Ohh forgot that is in x2 world...

DeletedUser

He said 5 lvl 3 farms, and in a 1 speed world that's 5 x 8,500 = 42,500 max, and you probably need to demand every five minutes for most of the day to hit that, I don't see where cleverness comes in...

DeletedUser

He said 5 lvl 3 farms, and in a 1 speed world that's 5 x 8,500 = 42,500 max, and you probably need to demand every five minutes for most of the day to hit that, I don't see where cleverness comes in...
you are right he said 5 lvl 3 farms how can you get it wrong!?
lvl 3 farms
And you will not get 42 k resources even if you would use looting gash you did not get anything from my
previous post!

DeletedUser20217

Strange

Can you play against Gold players, answer NO!

How can someone lost all fleet and troops on a world speed one game, and in 18-hour period have 500 attacking troops and 35 light ships? You try and take one of there cities and when you go to conquer it about they would have built loads, and loads of biremes. Do I see any point no, just wish everyone could play the game fairly (or do not overuse on gold), at least you can find the best from the best this way).

Just my opinion, so dont go jumping on it.

DeletedUser

yeah, I guess one way it is kind of abused is if a gold user sees a CS, they can use the phon merchant to rush in unlimited defense ....

DeletedUser

I really don't like the tone of this thread; I am a Gold User and have been since I had 10 cities on gamma 18 months ago. However I generally only use the 5 main upgrades.

But let’s just point out I work long hours so I can't spend my day farming, so I am at a major disadvantage due to a lack of time. So I use gold to make up for the time I can't play as I work.

An active player still has a major advantage over a player like as they can farm constantly; maybe I should start a thread about the farming and how much it disadvantages me because I work long hours?

You do get a few players which imho abuse gold, but then again its their money if they want to do that its fine.

And my final point is Innogames is no Charity someone has to pay for everyone to play for free, instead of complaining about gold users try saying Thank You for paying for the game.

DeletedUser20217

Saska, I love this game as much as other people, I am not arguing just saying a point. I have a full-time job and dont farm every 5 minutes. I play when I can. I know InnoGames made the game, etc and congratulations it is a major success but, I personally, think there should be a limit to the amount of gold someone uses thats all.

DeletedUser

I did not like 2.0 in a first place when I tested it on Beta!

DeletedUser21560

Saska, I love this game as much as other people, I am not arguing just saying a point. I have a full-time job and dont farm every 5 minutes. I play when I can. I know InnoGames made the game, etc and congratulations it is a major success but, I personally, think there should be a limit to the amount of gold someone uses thats all.

Most people have spent in the start of the server, now when people have more cities they do not really spend that much...

if you attack me and start a revolt i got 12 hours to build deff, if i got 5 cities, i can send ress from 4 cities to the one i got revolt in, + alliance members can send aswell, and then i can just use population growth, and use gold to cut the production time in half and thats it... with 20 gold i can rebuild

So come on, just because your not good enough to build a big enough army to get through someones defense stop moaning man...

Use your alliance to help you or spend a few bux on gettin alittle gold and you can do the same...

DeletedUser20217

lmao typical NOOBS response. I am not moaning, just discussing as this is a 'discussion forum'. You guys need to chill out, this is what a forum is for. I can build an army if I wish, I am making a point, if you read above I am not moaning, just 'MAKING A POINT'.

Geez I see why these forums are quiet, you can not even discuss things in here!!!

DeletedUser

piratedj there is no point of that, I tried it few times, always the same result! =)
I would rather talk with a wall!

Status
Not open for further replies.