Ignorance

DeletedUser

Honestly Pedestriana, I don't think you will find the alliance you're looking for in O75 (Your ocean, I think).

When you are looking for a certain type of alliance, it's a good idea to locate the alliance first, before joining the world. When you join without a clear direction, there is no good idea what you might find.

While you could restart in a new corner to join a different alliance, there are a couple of people near you (in your ocean) that are possibilities. vikingr, for instance, is part of Immortal Vanguard alliance. The major issue you are facing is that 90% of forum posters are all in the core.

You could also wait and see if the core alliances spread to your area, which is definetly a possibillity.

DeletedUser18825

In about any world I go to, there aren't that many replies back to my messages.

In my opinion, grepolis is all about communication, unless you are a solo wolf or something... :p

In grepolis, the biggest part of having a good alliance is communicating. Only a small part of that has to do with experience (you can make up for experience by learning from communication). I know that experienced players can make a great team, but part of the reason why is because they communicate a heck-load. I am currently leading an alliance in this world, and about 9/10 of my members are first time grepo players. We are rank 12 in the world in ABP, and it is because we communicate with each other as much as possible.

That is the reason why most MRAs fail. They don't communicate.

Nothing I said above is meant to offend, confuse, or depress you. :)

DeletedUser

Well I found a good alliance, through a real world friend. Now I am the recruiting officer for my ocean.

"When you are looking for a certain type of alliance, it's a good idea to locate the alliance first, before joining the world. When you join without a clear direction, there is no good idea what you might find."

I am completely new to the Grepolis game, or was when I joined it, and Byzantium was where my real world friend has his city. I had no idea exactly where it was and tried to start near him, but it didn't work. I think his ocean is just north of the one I am in, but that was more accident than anything. So I couldn't follow that advice! Hindsight is wonderful...

Anyway, the alliance I have joined is tenth in Byzantium at the moment, and seventh in my ocean. The members are friendly and communicate well, so I'm happy.

DeletedUser21770

^The above story is proof that communication is great within the game. Needs to be used more. Shame some people don't.

I always endeavour to answer a PM to me (unless it's something stupid to spam me, or simply the conversation has already ended), because I'd expect the same respect given back to me. At the end of the day, even if we're enemies in game, we are all just human out of it, and a community within these forums (most of us anyway). Communication is needed for future worlds, future alliances, and even just the future of this online community. Start answering your mail people. You *might* just find someone you can become friends with on here.

DeletedUser1405

The problem starts when people dont even bother opening there mail, these i have no time for, its the height of ignorance. If you dont want post, block it.
These people may think they are being cool in front on players around them, personally they are nobodies that need to learn the art of converation.

DeletedUser

i personally reply to each and every PM, the spams asking for other games too,, so..

i am not the villain..buhahahahaha!!:D

DeletedUser

It's not just Byzantium. I get it in Corinth, but I have never had it in Gamma.

DeletedUser

I've only been playing for a couple weeks, but I'd like to chime in on this discussion. I've been bombarded my alliance invites with and without messages. I haven't responded to any of them because as a new player I don't know what the benefits of an alliance are and I don't want to join something that I don't understand.

I'm not sure Mike what you send in your messages (I've never gotten one from you), but for myself as a new player, I don't respond either way because I simply don't understand why I would need to join an alliance so early in the game.

As Pedestriana mentioned, I've also gotten requests from people that are no-where near where I am. When I get an alliance request or a message, I check who sent it and look at my little island to see if they are on it, that's the only thing I know to do.

I've played other MMOs and each has their pros and cons. What I've discovered in Grepolis is that while they do have a decent training program, there are things missing, but that's the same in any MMO.

I guess in a nutshell, what I'm saying is that if people that sent alliance requests or messages would explain to a newer player why they need an alliance or how being in an alliance benefits them, you might get more of a response.

DeletedUser18825

The game is only as good as it's players. Yet the players are only as good as the game.

Yeah!

DeletedUser

You're not the center of attention. Some people, like myself, don't like to chit-chat with people on here. I have social networks and other forums for that already.

DeletedUser1405

No-One is asking to be the centre of attention just the common decency of a reply to a message that has been sent. If you can accept ignorance then so be it, but i cant.

And the person who de-repped me for this thread please sign it and grow a pair.(Coward)

DeletedUser

I have replied to every message sent so far, but it's only been three.. (other than my alliance members!)
Hoping it picks up when people start growing, and the dead city's get taken over!!!

DeletedUser

No-One is asking to be the centre of attention just the common decency of a reply to a message that has been sent. If you can accept ignorance then so be it, but i cant.

And the person who de-repped me for this thread please sign it and grow a pair.(Coward)

But "common decency" standards aren't universal. A person not replying to your message isn't rude, it just means it doesn't concern them. The fact that you created a thread about what YOU expect from OTHER people makes you look like someone crying to be the center of attention.

Although the bolded part of your post doesn't concern me, but did you honestly tell someone to grow a pair and called them a coward 'cause they "de-repped" you? Now that's petty, dude. Tsk, tsk.

Edit: I attempted to red-rep you after this post, but it appears that I must spread rep before repping you again. I have a hard time remembering insignificant things like rep, so it must have been me who the bolded comment was directed to. To clear things up: whenever I check my User CP in other forums that use vBulletin, a member's user name is right next to the rep. I just realized that isn't the case here, so I'll be sure to sign my reps next time. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No, let's get this clear.. it IS rude to not reply at all.

On world Gamma there seems to be a much better code of respect. The vast majority of messages I send are responded to. It seems the newer players generally don't follow that code.

DeletedUser1405

@ Serpent knight- I told them to grow a pair because if you are going to de-rep someone at least have the courage to say why.
And this post was created to promote conversation something you seem to know little about, especially if you are going to criticise everything written.
And back on subject, it is plain decency to reply to any message whether it just be a no thanks or no, at least that would be a reply. To just ignore the effort that goes into some of these messages is not good.

DeletedUser

@ Serpent knight- I told them to grow a pair because if you are going to de-rep someone at least have the courage to say why.
And this post was created to promote conversation something you seem to know little about, especially if you are going to criticise everything written.
And back on subject, it is plain decency to reply to any message whether it just be a no thanks or no, at least that would be a reply. To just ignore the effort that goes into some of these messages is not good.

there is no need to answer messages to reveal when you are online...

there is no general courtesy in a wargame Everything you do if you want to win is what it takes to win. if that means not answering mails from the enemy then so be it.

I choose not to answer anyone I'm at war or will get at war with simply because there is no need to fraternise with the enemy.

if I write someone it's at the point where I know I have won over them no matter what they do, at this point I start writing at a point in time where I know it does not reveal anything about me. and the same for reading.

simply :pro:

Being friendly can be accomplished towards those that cannot use your it against you. anyone else don't expect any room for move As do I not expect anything more from anyone else.

DeletedUser

I personally find that talking to people of a reasonable size that you're considering attacking (or are attacking) can often completely remove the need for attacking, by convincing them to join up with you rather than oppose you.

Even people significantly smaller than you can be reasonable, if their smallness is due to join date rather than poor play, or if they're reasonably active and just need help with learning the ropes. In both cases, teach them a bit and they can become productive members of an alliance.

People who can't be bothered even attempting to write coherently, on the other hand, have their messages burnt. If they cannot be bothered putting any effort into contacting me, I'm not going to put any effort into responding.

DeletedUser23307

I joined in Dec, 2011, and by my lack of computer skills, failed to join one alliance, and asked to join another in a different sea. Some "ignorance" is not mean-spirited. I don't even know if I'll be able to find this placr again. I,m so new to this stuff, I'm just looking for advice. Len Vaness

DeletedUser23307

Is it me or do we have all the bad mannered players in here, i cant beleive how many people have opened there mail i have sent and just ignored it.
Gont know if we have a large selection of ingrates but i think these players need to learn that this isnt the way we play the game.

Please people at least message back that you dont want to be bothered or if you have been sent an invite say no and alter it that way.

But to completely ignore is it rank bad manners, get it together and at least lets have some decency, i know its a war game but thats it its just a game.
:Angry:

Your term "ignorance" is more accurate than your vocabulary allows you to understand. In my sense,it is lack of knowledge that prevented me from making an earlier response. When,after serving my customers and sending resources to help my Alliance,I went to answer your message...I couldn't find it in the PM record. It was only through good luck that I managed to find reference to it in your slanderous comment. I am flattered that I was selected to apply for a position as moderator...my fear is that my technical knowledge is too low to serve the game's needs properly. I don't expect an apology,but I wish you can grow to understand that rudeness is not the only reason that you may blame in some not being able to respond.

DeletedUser23307

I was sent an invitation to investigate the possibility of becoming a moderator...I was flattered. I had to go serve customers and send resources to help my Alliance in its end-game push...when I went to my PM record,there was no evidence of the invitation. With considerable effort and much luck I was able to find this place. I fear that some are too quick to attribute ill-intentions of others. I am of such low technical and familiarity skills that I fear I would spend more time feeling my way around,rather than solving problems which may arise. To make my case...I replied in a similar vein to the first comment made of my "rudeness", and am unable to find IT! WOW! Look at that! I found the first one right above this one! This should emphasize my concerns about my inabilities!