Heroworld access change

DeletedUser

Another reward that I just thought of would be your favour production is increased by 5%. This is nothing big but this is something that will give people who worked for World Wonders a bit more of a edge.

DeletedUser8790

I think a 10% increase in your favours is not good enough, if you build 4 of the world wonders. It should be a 20% increase in favour storage and something else.
Please reply if you may even consider increasing the reward for building 4 of the 7 world wonders

Agreed, Wonders have now become irrelevant in 2.0 worlds, and before they even start in 1.26. You have to love it!

I am very deflated now, kind of a drag....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6210

So let me get this straight. One wonder costs an alliance 200 million resources. as I understand it, building four of them (nearly a billion resources) gets you:

- a shiny trophy
- a very small favor bonus on hero worlds
- the glory of knowing you 'won' a world... (but nothing happens as a result of it being 'won')

...really? :(

You asked for feedback, so this is it. It's a huge disappointment - not the access method per se, but the fact that it completely negates the whole point Wonders were introduced in the first place. And the fact that this badly-thought-out change has been rushed through after the 2.0 vote.

We voted for 2.0 because we wanted to spawn a world for the heroes from our world to stay together when our standard world eventually gets shut down. To fight in a smaller, more aggressive arena without oceans of inactives to cut through to reach each other. Without their link to the worlds that spawned them, and with practically anyone able to join after a few weeks of play, the whole point of Hero Worlds is lost, imo. Getting to Hero Zeta as a community of friends and enemies was the main reason we were willing to give up the interface of 1.0 that we love. I feel cheated.

DeletedUser

Really?

I'm a portuguese player, and soon as our portuguese mods told us it was even easier to join HWs now, I laughed... Thinking he was kidding!

Now I see.. Omg.

You guys are going in the wrong direction here.
Trying to have a wider range of players to access an "exclusive" world is wrong!
Is your aim to get less players to give up Grepolis, so you let everyone into HW? Still wrong direction..! - making the HW really exclusive, is the right way, as it makes every player work harder to have that priviledge.

Even when you said "To enter HWs you just need HT medal OR win server." I LOLED so hard. Now? Aff.

You guys need to go back to the drawing table... A HeroWorld should be a world where the winning alliances of 3/4 normal servers (plus those on top 50 combat (or points too)) would receive an invitation for.

DeletedUser13405

The Heroic tactition requirements are actually only reached by a small minority of the Grepolis community which will ensure that the fundamentals of the game are known by everyone.

I wonder how many would reach Hero tactition if founding a city was removed? I'm guessing a good percentage. Most active folks who haver played for more than 3 months will get this award simply by founding a city and it will be just like restarting on a Speed whatever world except you get 3 cities and a new God. Doesn't seem very "heroic."

DeletedUser4013

The small number of players who will be given access is no more than a total of 10% of the total playing population across all worlds. Please remember that many of you who use these forums are already in that 10% and of course it seems low by your standards. However, Inno is using its own standard to determine the criteria for entry and so far, that will only permit 10% of the players into Hero Worlds. Also keep in mind that the criteria are still subject to change.

DeletedUser12512

Gordo,

Thanks for clarification.

We no longer need to build wonders to access a hero world, only meet the Heroic Tactician requirements that a player meets in their first month of play. So hypothetically the world will be better as there will be fewer 'drop outs' and there is a new god (that will never be seen on regular servers according to Tyrion)

If I may ask,

1) What part of these requirements do you feel qualifies a player to be called a 'hero'?

To obtain the Award you must complete the following 5 challenges:

Requirement Challenge Number
1 Found a city 1
2 Takeover a city 1
3 Cast a divine spell 100
4 Ranklisting points 20,000
5 Battlepoints 7500

I don't want this to come off as a complaint, but i'm sure it will anyway.

2) Why did Inno wait till 1 day before the launch of these things to change it up? knowing that most players that were serious about entering a hero world had already colonized cities and prepped wonder islands far away from any action to make this happen?

3) Does this mean that hero worlds will essentially also open on December 7th and players can enter immediately?

Not a lot of prep time for an alliance to prepare things like starting direction time to log in etc if that is the case.

Ninja edit: I removed my rant, so I would appreciate a real response to my questions

DeletedUser6210

Also keep in mind that the criteria are still subject to change.
Thanks for the info. Are the criteria subject to change in a way that might involve restoring the wonder-hero world link? Will our feedback be sent to Inno?

I'm trying to see what problem this sudden change is intended to fix. If it was that the entry requirements were too complicated, why not just leave Wonders spawning Hero Worlds as was their design, and simply say *either* Heroic Tactician (ideally with much higher requirements) *or* Ruler of <any world> is required to enter any Hero World?

DeletedUser13405

Thanks for the info. Are the criteria subject to change in a way that might involve restoring the wonder-hero world link? Will our feedback be sent to Inno?

I'm trying to see what problem this sudden change is intended to fix. If it was that the entry requirements were too complicated, why not just leave Wonders spawning Hero Worlds as was their design, and simply say *either* Heroic Tactician (ideally with much higher requirements) *or* Ruler of <any world> is required to enter any Hero World?

Ya know...its funny.,,,when the vote came out, a bunch of us voted against going to 2.0 and vented, ranted, or raved that the vote was biased. Those who voted for the change were largely silent. Now, that the WW may be removed as a hero world requirement, and that may have been the reason for the vote, those in favor of 2.0 feel cheated.

This has all the makings of a public relations disaster for Innogames comparable to the introduction of new Coke for Coca Cola. Why they can't leave a good game alone is beyond me....

DeletedUser

Actually I didn't understand this
can you explain this
Players will now have the choice after reaching the heroic tactition award to either: Play on a hero world, keep playing their world and fight for the World wonders or both. It allows players to explore more options in the late game.

DeletedUser

However, Inno is using its own standard to determine the criteria for entry and so far, that will only permit 10% of the players into Hero Worlds. Also keep in mind that the criteria are still subject to change.

Tyrion, those 10% are Inno's CURRENT data, which means, only 10% of the players (before Heroworlds are out and running well), colonized a city, blablabla.
Soon as the whole community (other 90%) realizes all they have to do, are those easy-as-pie requirements, those 10% of qualified players will rise to about 30-40%. And it will happen when heroes are out for some amount of time.

Guaranteed.

Actually I didn't understand this
can you explain this
Players will now have the choice after reaching the heroic tactition award to either: Play on a hero world, keep playing their world and fight for the World wonders or both. It allows players to explore more options in the late game.

Well you can either keep on playing your normal world to get the 4/7 WW on your control... Or you can leave that normal world, and go to the Hero.
Oh... or even both, at the same time.

DeletedUser8396

Ok, I am just going to say this,

Can we just start calling this Grepolis 3.0 please? Seriously the requirements are WAY too low (meaning I can access them) and basically allows EVERY player that plays for about a month to get...

Cut the HW and just call it Grepolis 3.0

Here's why I say that:

1. New goddess (like we saw in 2.0)
2. new building levels (didnt see this...but its a major addition)
3. the basically no requirement to join (as said above)

Honestly, I dont want some noob that just managed to squeeze these requirements in joining my Grepo 3.0. If I am going to be working hard to get these world wonders built...shouldn't it be the requirement for getting in? Well, SHOULDN'T IT!

Just prepare all you players...for Grepo 3.0...the next version of grepolis that any noob can join.

DeletedUser

2) Why did Inno wait till 1 day before the launch of these things to change it up? knowing that most players that were serious about entering a hero world had already colonized cities and prepped wonder islands far away from any action to make this happen?

3) Does this mean that hero worlds will essentially also open on December 7th and players can enter immediately?

Not a lot of prep time for an alliance to prepare things like starting direction time to log in etc if that is the case.

Ninja edit: I removed my rant, so I would appreciate a real response to my questions

2)
To be honest I wanted to create a guide for players as there were still a lot of questions regarding the Heroworlds and I wanted to provide some answers. However once the guide was posted I received an update on the situation. I apologize for the confusion this has caused.

3)
Heroworlds will not open on December 7th. They were announced for December 15th however this is subject to change.

Another reward that I just thought of would be your favour production is increased by 5%. This is nothing big but this is something that will give people who worked for World Wonders a bit more of a edge.

Actually building each World wonder gives everyone in the Alliance a small benefit. For balancing reasons the benefit is not overpowering. This has been on the wiki for quite some time:

-Great Pyramid Of Giza
Bonus: + 1500 in the warehouse

-The Hanging Gardens of Babylon
Bonus: +3% Resource production

-Statue of Zeus at Olympia
Bonus: + 5% Favor production with Zeus

-The Temple of Artemis
Bonus: +5% Favor production with all gods

-The Mausoleum of Halicarnus
Bonus: Mythical units cost 5% less

-The Colossus of Rhodes
Bonus: Reduces the duration of victory procession by 10%

-The Lighthouse at Alexandria
Bonus: Reduces the costs of the Phoenician trader by 10%

This info can be found on the Grepolis wiki

So the builders of the World Wonders do have advantages. Also winning a world is quite appealing for many players

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser21992

about the hero world tactician. i founded one city but then i gave it away because i didn't need it. so would i still get the award?

DeletedUser

Well you can either keep on playing your normal world to get the 4/7 WW on your control... Or you can leave that normal world, and go to the Hero.
Oh... or even both, at the same time.

thanx for the info

DeletedUser

about the hero world tactician. i founded one city but then i gave it away because i didn't need it. so would i still get the award?

In theory you should still get the reward, as long as all the other requirements are fulfilled as well.

DeletedUser2950

Originally, they said the HWs would be speed 4; is that still true? I hope so, as that is one of the things I've been looking forward to about them.

Since no one will be a beginner on a HW, PLEASE do not have morale!!

I also agree that the rewards for building the WWs really don't seem worth the effort. Since it's not even necessary now to enter a HW, I wonder how many will bother.

Once all 4 WWs have been built by one alliance, will that world simply end?

How long will HWs last?

Still waiting for answers to the above.

Also, please clarify just how any benefits an alliance gets from building wonders transfers to a HW. Does the original founder have to found the alliance & everyone join it on the HW to get the benefits, or does it go to each player, no matter what alliance or even HW they join?

What about new players an alliance brings in on a HW that weren't on the original world? Do they get the benefits?

DeletedUser6210

Rheahera, my understanding is that when an alliance wins a world, all its current members individually get the Ruler of X award. This award enables the 50 favor bonus on all HWs for those players, regardless of their alliance on any world.

DeletedUser4013

Originally, they said the HWs would be speed 4; is that still true? I hope so, as that is one of the things I've been looking forward to about them.

Since no one will be a beginner on a HW, PLEASE do not have morale!!

I also agree that the rewards for building the WWs really don't seem worth the effort. Since it's not even necessary now to enter a HW, I wonder how many will bother.

Once all 4 WWs have been built by one alliance, will that world simply end?

How long will HWs last?

When was it ever said that Hero Worlds would be Speed 4? I don't ever remember that being stated any where in all of the info about Hero Worlds.

Morale will be determined by Inno. We have had non-morale worlds since it was released, so perhaps there will be a Hero World without it.

As Afya has already stated, players whose alliances complete 4 of the 7 Wonders will recieve a 10% increase to their maximum favor cap bringing it up to 550 as the new maximum.

A world will not end after 4 Wonders are built. Please see the Wiki if you are confused about this information. It is located under World Wonders and Hero Worlds.

There is no set length for the Hero Worlds as of yet.