2.0 update ...ARE YOU FOR REAL

DeletedUser

Well I have gone into vacation mode along with another of our leaders, also there are 4 more in our alliance that's quitting. Gonna re assess the situation over the next few weeks but it looks like real life will have more of my time from now on lol

DeletedUser

Gold fever has been the destruction of mankind and his advancements for thousands of years so I don't expect it to stop know but one would've hoped we could learn from the past. Is that enough of a signature for this petition?

DeletedUser22951

I would love to organize a universal vacation mode for all alliances in nu.
Quite simply the game would halt.
Alliances should ban premium play if they don't like 2.0, anyone using it gets farmed to extinction. This may seem drastic but if you stop the revenue stream then you have a chance of a real popular vote. After serving in 3 of the top 5 alliances i have never spoken to a single player who wants this, so it is clearly either a financial decision or an act of over glossed vanity.
If you want to play 2.0 then play a 2.0 world, do not remove the option for those who have made it work and loved it.
If innogames had any spine they would put it to a real vote in NU right now, but we all know that will not happen as they do not have the spine to admit they are wrong.
Fundamentally wrong.

DeletedUser

Seems like I will ending my VM with nobody in my alliance as active. ROFL... This game was fun because it focused on its core. Simply waging war against an enemy player. Simplicity is the key thats why players around the globe played this game and tons of players spend money for its SIMPLICITY over war. We didnt come play here for its fanciness. It could be fancy from the outside but is crappy inside. Or it seems like it turned out to be crappy inside and out. I might just start to leave now once my alliance disband.

DeletedUser

How boring is this world going to be as alliances "race" to takeover the Ghosts Towns that are soon to be out there. No need for war and hostile conquers, which is why we play and was the fun and challenge of it all, we will have our pick of cities. How utterly useless to waste time on here doing such when there are more intriguing games to be found....

DeletedUser

Normally the support system is very good and reply within 24 hours, I have asked for my gold to be reversed into cash and sent back to my account 3 days later no reply,

The game of grepolis is now a building game, and I put my money into help me rule the world, like stated above, now all we need to do is colonize or take ghosts, the whole point of my game, WAR! has now gone,
I realize this will fall on death ears, Maybe we need to bombard innogames head office with polite, constructive emails, on why we thing they are wrong

No H***** words (Mr Mod that was a joke, and the word is Hidden)

DeletedUser

//http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?p=503238#post503238

The address recommended from previous forum post took me to a blank page, this is the best I could do for now....

You know, we could flood them with Tickets from support using the "Other" option and let them know we strongly disagree with this decision to upgrade. Man, I am just so upset by it, feel like I got cheated, I will do anything to grab someones attention...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

but we got cheated man...

this is the fact:

we have put money in this game, because the old version was fun and good...

now those people who have put MONEY in this game were not heared when they descided to upgrade to that cr*py (ow yeah i said it again) version...

we could sue them for that ;)

DeletedUser

Punishment

Now your well ard ....as my boss would say......lmao do you really think people care what punishment you hand out ...crack on ban the lot of uus ...you will do us a favor before we have to disband our alliannce's and all founders have to tell hundreds of players ...that grepo think they are the royal bank of scotland ...........aint no tax payer here gonna bail you planks out
King

i don't care,i'll just closedown my laptop and start playing my PLAYSTATION again

DeletedUser

//http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?p=503238#post503238

The address recommended from previous forum post took me to a blank page, this is the best I could do for now....

You know, we could flood them with Tickets from support using the "Other" option and let them know we strongly disagree with this decision to upgrade. Man, I am just so upset by it, feel like I got cheated, I will do anything to grab someones attention...

Hello !

I'm not really sure how this would help as our In-Game Moderators have just as much say on what version they would like as the original players. If you are upset with the recent upgrade I'd recommend writing a well written letter to the developers.

but we got cheated man...

this is the fact:

we have put money in this game, because the old version was fun and good...

now those people who have put MONEY in this game were not heared when they descided to upgrade to that cr*py (ow yeah i said it again) version...

we could sue them for that ;)

Honestly, You didn't get cheated. InnoGames held the vote for ALL members it was everyones responsibility to vote and the leaders to make sure their alliance members voted. As the vote says more are FOR the 2.0 version rather than the 1.26. I understand where a lot of you are coming from; however, we can't do much about it now other than write the developers and hope for the best.

~ Lane

DeletedUser

Honestly, You didn't get cheated. InnoGames held the vote for ALL members it was everyones responsibility to vote and the leaders to make sure their alliance members voted. As the vote says more are FOR the 2.0 version rather than the 1.26. I understand where a lot of you are coming from; however, we can't do much about it now other than write the developers and hope for the best.

~ Lane

Greetings Lane and thank you for such a polite post. The difficulty here is that InnoGames has held a vote in the past over the morale rule that they implemented just like they have with V2. In that vote the players voted that they wanted morale on every world. The company, InnoGames decided not to go with the majority on that occasion because in reality paying players do not want morale. So, while I appreciate your desire to allow the users here to appreciate that the decision was democratic, the reality is that InnoGames already has a history of implementing decisions under the illusion of it being a democratic vote and then doing the reverse if it suits their purpose, even if the votes were close on that occasion unlike with the V2 vote.

Also appreciate that only accounts vote, not customers. This of course means that members of staff can vote through proxy accounts as can customers. There was even talk that if a player cleared their cookies they could vote multiple times. So any online vote, irrespective of its source is not a sign of democracy. Indeed many new accounts have sprung up recently all on the same islands. These are likely to be proxy accounts, namely they are run by the same players even if they have different account names. In this respect there can be no legitimate system for voting for anything online.

Finally this vote does not just extend to Grepolis, the other InnoGames stable game, known as Tribal Wars, went through the same transition too and there some players had over 3,000 cities each. So this new system of game design is not confined to Grepolis, it is across the board with all InnoGames products like this. In this respect it is a corporate decision and it would be incorrect and misleading to assume otherwise as has been the case here.

InnoGames, prior to these votes, recently announced that their game Tribonia was not going to be launched. This of course would mean that the company has lost all its revenue behind developing this. This would have been quite extensive as it was a form of World of Warcraft clone. So InnoGames is also demonstrating that it has a poor games management strategy too. The company, if you check their news section, have been employing more managers, but in my view since the company formed an association with an Asian company, their games are moving more inline with Asian games. This of course means that they are likely to lose a substantial amount of their fifty million customer base of western customers in favour of directing themselves towards the Asian market.

If you have an interest in keeping up with the affairs on InnoGames through their news section, in English, it can be found here. If you have an interest in the law pertaining to games this relatively simple blog may prove helpful to you. It can be found here.

Many game companies shoot to fame quite quickly if they have a good original staring product and when they do they have a habit of abandoning their earlier company ethos once they believe they are successful. They succeed at first through a prosumer driven enterprise. This means getting their customers to work for them for no financial rewards. So the prosumers here will be some, but not all, moderators, alliance leaders and core players and anyone that has recommended InnoGames to others.

The downside of adversely affecting your main customer base is that the company can be forced to downsize very quickly. The same happened to Chinese company masquerading as an offshore US company two years ago. By law they were obliged to make payments to all their moderators for work rendered. In this respect the real losers here are not the players, because they play or do not play by choice, but the moderators themselves who agreed to undertake a prosumer role for virtual gold under the belief that the company had a genuine interest in them. In the end many moderators is these types of games are simply a free members of staff. Given the revenue that the company has held, the only fools here are the prosumer moderators, not the players themselves.

Of course it should also be pointed out that all successful MMO companies pay their moderators inline with employment law. I am quite sure that the senior moderators here are paid and will be acting members of staff. In this respect one can appreciate why moderators may vary in their opinions.

In the end the lesson that all customers need to take with them here is never offer your services to any MMO company for virtual goods. Likewise, if you are a player, invest you time wisely and do not blame others for your own internet addiction. MMO companies promote internet addiction and any one versed in examining the new farming system can see that this is clearly the case.

The issue I have here is where does InnoGames offer parental advice over the time that minors need to play their product and why do they pretend to make decisions based on the votes of minors? The time required to play is now of course 24/7 because this is what the new coding demands. So in this respect, legally speaking, it makes sense for the company to obtain a vote because they can attempt to use this if challenged through the courts. However, any class legal action through the German courts would have a field day with this as minors have voted too. In this respect the only real alternative here is for customers to instigate legal action against InnoGames, as indeed has been successfully done against other main online gaming companies that have changed the system to suit their own aims.

So in reality it is a question of either instigating legal action, this is a private affair, or simply going down a silly course of ranting. Like yourself I believe the former is the correct approach and this support your view as to why players here should formally write to the company, and by this I mean write a real letter, not send an email through the support system. This way the customers here can obtain their own legal advice on the matter.

Thank you for allowing the players here to understand the correct course of action, rather than encouraging them to write any further material on this subject though an open forum.

Cyrus

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The thing is, this is a one time investment. Normally you would gradually unlock the farms and put some resources that you have left in them, but with this upgrade you come into 2.0 with multiple villages. 2.0 was never built for this and yes, this is a flaw in the system.

On the other hand, like I've said, it is an one-time investment. Once you have conquered the farms you won't ever have to conquer new farms anymore (unless you're taking a new city)
Just give it a chance, you've played 2.0 for what, 4 hours? And you're just stressing because everything is new. Don't worry though, everyone feels the same.
Don't ragequit. This is your chance to prove your skill by not quitting like a loser but by playing and learning all the tips and tricks again.

Slurpy anyone?

DeletedUser

Greetings Lane and thank you for such a polite post. The difficulty here is that InnoGames has held a vote in the past over the morale rule that they implemented just like they have with V2. In that vote the players voted that they wanted morale on every world. The company, InnoGames decided not to go with the majority on that occasion because in reality paying players do not want morale. So, while I appreciate your desire to allow the users here to appreciate that the decision was democratic, the reality is that InnoGames already has a history of implementing decisions under the illusion of it being a democratic vote and then doing the reverse if it suits their purpose, even if the votes were close on that occasion unlike with the V2 vote.

Also appreciate that only accounts vote, not customers. This of course means that members of staff can vote through proxy accounts as can customers. There was even talk that if a player cleared their cookies they could vote multiple times. So any online vote, irrespective of its source is not a sign of democracy. Indeed many new accounts have sprung up recently all on the same islands. These are likely to be proxy accounts, namely they are run by the same players even if they have different account names. In this respect there can be no legitimate system for voting for anything online.

Finally this vote does not just extend to Grepolis, the other InnoGames stable game, known as Tribal Wars, went through the same transition too and there some players had over 3,000 cities each. So this new system of game design is not confined to Grepolis, it is across the board with all InnoGames products like this. In this respect it is a corporate decision and it would be incorrect and misleading to assume otherwise as has been the case here.

InnoGames, prior to these votes, recently announced that their game Tribonia was not going to be launched. This of course would mean that the company has lost all its revenue behind developing this. This would have been quite extensive as it was a form of World of Warcraft clone. So InnoGames is also demonstrating that it has a poor games management strategy too. The company, if you check their news section, have been employing more managers, but in my view since the company formed an association with an Asian company, their games are moving more inline with Asian games. This of course means that they are likely to lose a substantial amount of their fifty million customer base of western customers in favour of directing themselves towards the Asian market.

If you have an interest in keeping up with the affairs on InnoGames through their news section, in English, it can be found here. If you have an interest in the law pertaining to games this relatively simple blog may prove helpful to you. It can be found here.

Many game companies shoot to fame quite quickly if they have a good original staring product and when they do they have a habit of abandoning their earlier company ethos once they believe they are successful. They succeed at first through a prosumer driven enterprise. This means getting their customers to work for them for no financial rewards. So the prosumers here will be some, but not all, moderators, alliance leaders and core players and anyone that has recommended InnoGames to others.

The downside of adversely affecting your main customer base is that the company can be forced to downsize very quickly. The same happened to Chinese company masquerading as an offshore US company two years ago. By law they were obliged to make payments to all their moderators for work rendered. In this respect the real losers here are not the players, because they play or do not play by choice, but the moderators themselves who agreed to undertake a prosumer role for virtual gold under the belief that the company had a genuine interest in them. In the end many moderators is these types of games are simply a free members of staff. Given the revenue that the company has held, the only fools here are the prosumer moderators, not the players themselves.

Of course it should also be pointed out that all successful MMO companies pay their moderators inline with employment law. I am quite sure that the senior moderators here are paid and will be acting members of staff. In this respect one can appreciate why moderators may vary in their opinions.

In the end the lesson that all customers need to take with them here is never offer your services to any MMO company for virtual goods. Likewise, if you are a player, invest you time wisely and do not blame others for your own internet addiction. MMO companies promote internet addiction and any one versed in examining the new farming system can see that this is clearly the case.

The issue I have here is where does InnoGames offer parental advice over the time that minors need to play their product and why do they pretend to make decisions based on the votes of minors? The time required to play is now of course 24/7 because this is what the new coding demands. So in this respect, legally speaking, it makes sense for the company to obtain a vote because they can attempt to use this if challenged through the courts. However, any class legal action through the German courts would have a field day with this as minors have voted too. In this respect the only real alternative here is for customers to instigate legal action against InnoGames, as indeed has been successfully done against other main online gaming companies that have changed the system to suit their own aims.

So in reality it is a question of either instigating legal action, this is a private affair, or simply going down a silly course of ranting. Like yourself I believe the former is the correct approach and this support your view as to why players here should formally write to the company, and by this I mean write a real letter, not send an email through the support system. This way the customers here can obtain their own legal advice on the matter.

Thank you for allowing the players here to understand the correct course of action, rather than encouraging them to write any further material on this subject though an open forum.

Cyrus

i think this guy deserves an applause? :D

DeletedUser

I had played grepo for over a year and joined a 2.0 world the second it opened.

I tried it out and loads of people quit because they didn't like it, but i really don't see an issue.
The new interface is good, the new premium window looks great, it isn't any slower for me then 1.0, the new farming is much easier if you have captain then the old farming system, Hades is awesome, the wonders are a bit rubbish but what ever.
It is a business, all businesses need to grow and change, fact.

DeletedUser4013

The difficulty here is that InnoGames has held a vote in the past over the morale rule that they implemented just like they have with V2. In that vote the players voted that they wanted morale on every world. The company, InnoGames decided not to go with the majority on that occasion because in reality paying players do not want morale. So, while I appreciate your desire to allow the users here to appreciate that the decision was democratic, the reality is that InnoGames already has a history of implementing decisions under the illusion of it being a democratic vote and then doing the reverse if it suits their purpose, even if the votes were close on that occasion unlike with the V2 vote.

I would like to point out that there was no vote for Morale, it was a game setting that was unilaterally swtiched on across all of the worlds by InnoGames. What turned that decision around was a Forum poll and the realization that it should have been put to the players before implementation. As such, Worlds Alpha - Eta were excluded from having Morale as a world setting. You can find that discussion here: 10000 Votes Against Morale. This was the only time that InnoGames attempted to implement something new into the game without first announcing it, or by giving the players a choice.

Seeing as how members of the Mod Team were and are players, there is no proxy vote. They are free to choose how they vote. In fact some of the the Mods have been most vocal in being against it (i.e.: Jennesis). If many new accounts sprang up on islands it would likely be new players joining the game, not 'proxy accounts' and players with multiple accounts since they would be detected and banned from the game.

So, Tribonia was not successful. What relevance has that got to do with the update? If you claim it's a clone of WoW, then you may as well state that SW:ToR is as well. It's proven a successful model for games and so many companies are trying to cash in on it. As for forming an association with an asian company, Grepolis has markets in South Korea, Japan, and other asian markets. It would make sense to employ the aid of an asian company to help with marketing the game to that customer base. How is this an indication of the game being 'moved more in line with asian game'? Any company would be smart to seek assistance in a market where the consumer base is different to their own home market.

I really hate to break it to you, but that 'law blog' pertains only to copyright, patents and intellectual property rights law within the UK. It has no bearing outside of the UK, and cannot be relied upon as a basis for legal advice or rights. There is no international treaty or law that InnoGames must comply with. The company is a legal entity and as such is a private individual. Legal norms of the international legal realm does not apply to it. As such, only German law can apply to InnoGames.

How does the situation that some 'Chinese company' faced two years ago pertain to this situation? Surely InnoGames has a vested interest in seeing its products improved and made better for the consumer. And as for the Mod Team, they are all well aware of the fact that they do the job at their pleasure and as volunteers. They are given an amount of gold as a show of appreciation. However, whatever law you are referring to, likely does not apply here as your situation deals with a Chinese company operating under either US or Chinese law. Both of which have no jurisdiction over InnoGames.

Again, all members of the Mod Team are voluteers, myself included.

The game has never required play to be 24 hours, and most players will agree that it is not necessary unless they chose to do so. The game is played by people of all ages, from children to senior citizens. As for the 'legal challenge' of the update in court and the 'votes of minors' you will find that as Grepolis is the intellectual property of InnoGames, it may do with it as it pleases. Whether players of a certain age voted in a survey given by InnoGames about the future of the game is hardly something that any court would actually listen to as a legal argument.

On what merits can you justify legal action? The game is the intellectual property of InnoGames. They have every right to do with it as they please without threat or fear of outside intervention. Yes you can write a letter to InnoGames letting them know that you are not happy with the update of the old worlds, but I think you will find it hard to form a legal argument against it.

Cyrus

We appreciate your comments :)

DeletedUser15240

all these players paying for gold already each week will be a huge loss for grepolis...

sigh, no its not. The amount that inno will recieve from gold from 1.26 worlds will be a lot less than their revenue from 2.0. Also they need to spend money on updating and maintaining 1.26 as well as 2.0. Also, lets be honest, you can make a petition, and get 1000 people, and threat to stop paying gold, but at the end of the day nearly none of you are going to quit, after all the time you've spent.

Sorry but your argument is crudely flawed. Besides, most players buy large amounts of gold by credit card in one hit, not weekly.