The Demise of Grepolis (premades)

DeletedUser22650

thats how i arrived in delphi, and so did the rest of my alliance....the opportunity to do so is still readily available :)

the problem may not be the premades but rather the leaders of them being to good at it nowadays, but look at daizans and atti's current premade threads and you can see they both state that theyre taking measures to prevent killing the servers...maybe that will set a precedent and start a positive trend

DeletedUser17088

Atti wont be doing the premade ;)

A premade is a premade however you paint it

DeletedUser

What do you mean by a premade though?

There are some obvious premades, namely the ones who create posts in premades section. But is me and two friends from a server joining a new world a premade? if so i don't think you will ever stop that.

I think a world is most fun when you play against, not with the best players. Obviously you don't want to be totally destroyed, but it is fun to test your self against some of the top players and see if you can create a team which is good enough to survive, despite top opposition.

The problem i reckon is that for each premade started by a decent founder, you get the same people looking to join. you could almost predict the people who will apply to join before any of them post. There tends to be a group of high quality players who know each other well on the externals and different combinations of them form a premade for each world with "good" settings.

If it were up to me i would remove the premades section of this fourm. If people have the energy to make a premade on skype or somewhere else then so be it, i would allow premades in each world fourm section once the world has been announced, but i think having a section in the acropolis is giving people to much incentive to kill the new worlds.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17088

joining with 2-4 friends is fine because that is not an alliance :D

Making an alliance before the world opens and recruiting is a premade. I dont just mean the 'elite' premades, i mean all pre determined member based alliances, they all need to not exist.

If i made a petition do you think it would help?

DeletedUser22650

nope ;)...have you thought about recruiting a gang of players to join the next server and hunt down all the premades to rim them?

DeletedUser345

nope ;)...have you thought about recruiting a gang of players to join the next server and hunt down all the premades to rim them?

That in essence is a total paradox because then you would have a premade and would need to hunt down and destroy yourself.

DeletedUser

Can a world exist without a premade?

I really doubt it and it is a sad outcome. Without premades players would be forced to play with new players and I dont think they would like that :(

Do you believe Grepolis is dependant on people mustering together before a world opens, rather than taking the old school approach of 'see what happens'?

Unfortunately, yes :(

Do you want a world without Premade alliances?

Hell yeah! :cool:

DeletedUser17088

premades Irk me more than bugs. they can be fixed and patched

try patching a fix to premades :D

I mean this in no disrespectful way Daizan but you are a player who cannot function without being in a premade alliance

DeletedUser

You know what I like the most about premades?

The Skype chat rooms, this is where I got to know most of my 'grepofriends' and the largest part of fun I had whilst being in premades was in the Skype chatroom.

DeletedUser5061

premades Irk me more than bugs. they can be fixed and patched

try patching a fix to premades :D

I mean this in no disrespectful way Daizan but you are a player who cannot function without being in a premade alliance

It's just nostalgia bruv, premades are the best way to create a alliance sooner the vets realise that the better. Being part of a premade doesn't make the game any easier, it just means once we get in there we have more time to fight because we're gonna be wasting less time organizing the alliance to fight.

The other way to look at it is people need rise to our level rather than us dropping down to theirs.

+ The name of the alliance is important to me, I don't want to end up in a ocean where the only decant alliance around me is called bbmSpartans.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17088

Lol'd at bbmspartans

I hear ya, I just want the old way back :(

DeletedUser

as much as i can hate being surrounded with less talented players, one of the most rewarding aspects of this game to me is to nurture and then be witness to how noobs grow to become great players. with a premade that aspect is to a large degree lost.

DeletedUser

Why not try a new world with no premades?
open a new server with no warning at all. This would give the give the premades no chance of recruitment or organization before the server opened, admittedly the server would get a slower start, but then it would be a lot more like the start of one of the older servers,
The players that do notice the server has opened would quickly jump in to get a headstart and not check with others where they are headed...

just a thought

DeletedUser

But, there are premades that will have been formed before and will just join.

DeletedUser4013

Why not try a new world with no premades?
open a new server with no warning at all. This would give the give the premades no chance of recruitment or organization before the server opened, admittedly the server would get a slower start, but then it would be a lot more like the start of one of the older servers,
The players that do notice the server has opened would quickly jump in to get a headstart and not check with others where they are headed...

just a thought

Hmm...I wonder. That may be a good idea. Stealth launch of a new world. Annouce it the day that it opens instead of a week before.

But, there are premades that will have been formed before and will just join.

But with a stealth launch, no one would know, not even the premades. And besides, many of them try to dominate the Core before the others can. For many premades it seems like a race to get to the top as fast as possible and then just burn out.

DeletedUser3613

The only way it would ever work is if every player entering the world was placed in a random location, that way it would split the enevitable premade in to cluster groups.

DeletedUser

Dazlerr good idea! Imagine a stealth world and you don't get to choose where placed!