Why Grepolis is Corrupt, why I left, why I'm coming back, and a really long title

DeletedUser

So, I left this game and forum for a couple reasons.
1. School work shat bricks on me
2. It was boring
3. In my opinion Grepolis was becoming corrupt
4. Everyone left *faceplam
5. The new people were annoying
6. Change in rep system
7. Hard to maintain my Alpha account, let alone 5 other worlds. I ended up deleting about 3 of them before finally quitting.

Why was Grepolis corrupting? Well it seemed to me that 2.0 destroyed what made Grepolis, well... Grepolis. Revolt system was a new pathetic attempt to spice up the game, and the 2.0 system imho just plainly sucked. It was impossible to grow big (I had about 16 cities) without paying actual cash. The newer mods (no names) seemed to only help if the HAD to. And the new updates added nothing good, and imho once again Alpha and Beta were the only real two vanilla worlds. The-Iceman kept growing so big I realized I could never keep up. And it seems I was right. The only thing I still had was Betsy. Then she left. And I was like, "it's ok! Eclipse is still here!" then he left. I felt like science law left to I was bored on the forums. I decided if LOC worked I would have fun. Everyone teamed up against LOC and crushed us. So in the end that is why I left and why I though grepolis is corrupt. My views may or may not be changed after some time, but if I get banned for stating my opinion I will be very .

Lugosi

Strategos
Hey Toast, great to see you. To me it sounds like you've only documented half the stuff since you left. We've had 2 other Co-Admins leave since Betsy and a load of other stuff occur; it's not all bad but you can't like all these changes.

DeletedUser

Wow. JTin, I remember you now :D after eating a hearty meal of pancakes I feel a creepy feeling of nostalgia.

DeletedUser

I do feel old. Alpha and Beta are the gold worlds, and its a shame I can't get back to them now, cuz I sacrificed my cities to my alliance.. Fail much?

DeletedUser8078

I hear ya Toast!

Would be good to get back in and see the many old "faces" again.

DeletedUser5

And yet you still haven't explained why you think Grepolis is corrupt. The 2.0 update and Revolt (which has been in place for 18 months) don't make Grepolis corrupt...

Aicy

Strategos
Revolt is fine, but 2.0 is ridiculous.

Gold is everything. Everything. Absolutely everything. Everything.

A game where you can buy limitless resources is a bad game.

Look at this thread:
http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?t=31637

Markd76 is absolutely horrendous at this game, yet is still no1 in Ephesus to date. Why? Because he has money.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Revolt is fine, but 2.0 is ridiculous.

Gold is everything. Everything. Absolutely everything. Everything.

A game where you can buy limitless resources is a bad game.

I Agree with your points here.

To grepolis, rather than keeping their long standing members they chose to rip them off, aswell as all their new customers. The majority of people who chose to play 2.0 moved there or chose to play 2 worlds.

All 2.0 does it allow Inno to rip of the majority of its customers by persuading people to buy gold for new features such as captain in early game, which they may not have used before.

Obviously, i understand that Inno is a company so need to get some income. However, with all the new financial fears in the world surely it is unreasonable to up gold prices and give us more to waste it on. Also, how come Inno was able to survive when we all had 1.xx worlds?

DeletedUser

You might get lucky and find an account in Alpha.
Else its closed for good.

DeletedUser

And yet you still haven't explained why you think Grepolis is corrupt. The 2.0 update and Revolt (which has been in place for 18 months) don't make Grepolis corrupt...

Oh hai XD I meant to say what Aicy said, but got side tracked on why I left :p gold is everything now, and without it you cant become number 1 in a world. (Or at least, it is incredibly difficult.)