Interesting Observation re: Olympic Games

DeletedUser

I was just wondering if anyone has ever used Gold coins to purchase Olympic games.
I have 164 Cities and it would take me 492 Olympic Games to gain 1 Culture Point.
The cost for that would be 24600 Gold Coins.
The cost for them would be £100 to gain 1 Culture Point.
That's an absolutely staggering amount of money to spend on a Browser game.

Can anyone see a flaw in this offer?
Even at 5 Gold Coins per Olympic Game, it would cost around £10 per Culture point.
Who in their right mind would spend that sort of cash. even if they reduced it to 5 Gold Coins per Olympic Game.

When they reduce it to 2 Gold Coins per Olympic Game, I will certainly consider using it at £2.50 per Culture point :)

DeletedUser

I'm guessing that is on purpose to benefit new players who need a jump start to get to the point that they can get CP in other ways and then slow down bigger players to level the playing field.

just a guess.

DeletedUser

I have to agree with telos. If it was cheap to do so, iceman would have like 1,000 cities and really have hated the new farming system =p

DeletedUser

it costs just a couple of diamond bars ;)

this feature was designed so that people who start late can catch up with others(just realized that i said what telos said lol)

DeletedUser

ah poor-poor iceman :(

i'm starting a charity in your honour. grepofolks please visit the paypal link down below and contribute generously. iceman really needs more cities.

paypal link:
paypal

DeletedUser

50 gold gives u one culture point. So it is not as expensive as u might think Iceman, however is expensive enough.

DeletedUser

I see your point. It does make sense to use Olympic games in the early game though. However the more cities you have, the less effective this premium option seems to become. Iceman, it does not make sense for you to activate this feature.

Maybe the price of the Olympic games should decrease, depending on the amount of cities a player has. Would this make the option more attractive, or would that be unbalanced? I am looking forward to your comments.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I see your point. It does make sense to use Olympic games in the early game though. However the more cities you have, the less effective this premium option seems to become. Iceman, it does not make sense for you to activate this feature.

Maybe the price of the Olympic games should decrease, depending on the amount of cities a player has. Would this make the option more attractive, or would that be unbalanced? I am looking forward to your comments.

Thats a pretty good idea actually.

DeletedUser

increasing would be better, it makes the lower point players more time to catch up with him higher point players

DeletedUser

Maybe you could calculate a sliding scale cost per Olympic Game, based on the amount of Cities a player owns
Example:

01 to 19 Cities 50 Gold Coins
20 to 29 Cities 45 Gold Coins
30 to 39 Cities 40 Gold Coins
40 to 49 Cities 35 Gold Coins
50 to 59 Cities 30 Gold Coins
60 to 69 Cities 25 Gold Coins
70 to 79 Cities 20 Gold Coins
80 to 89 Cities 15 Gold Coins
90 to 99 Cities 10 Gold Coins
100 to 149 Cities 5 Gold Coins
150 to 199 Cities 2 Gold Coins
200+ Cities 1 Gold Coin

DeletedUser

Maybe you could calculate a sliding scale cost per Olympic Game, based on the amount of Cities a player owns
Example:

01 to 19 Cities 50 Gold Coins
20 to 29 Cities 45 Gold Coins
30 to 39 Cities 40 Gold Coins
40 to 49 Cities 35 Gold Coins
50 to 59 Cities 30 Gold Coins
60 to 69 Cities 25 Gold Coins
70 to 79 Cities 20 Gold Coins
80 to 89 Cities 15 Gold Coins
90 to 99 Cities 10 Gold Coins
100 to 149 Cities 5 Gold Coins
150 to 199 Cities 2 Gold Coins
200+ Cities 1 Gold Coin
whoa man i think u are dreaming!

this idea wont balance the game, it would only make people who have more points will have more points, the small players wont be able to catch up

DeletedUser

this idea wont balance the game, it would only make people who have more points will have more points, the small players wont be able to catch up

Or maybe it would reward the loyal users who have been playing for longer?

Daft idea I know....

DeletedUser

You really need to read the thread before condemning my idea
It says EXAMPLE: can you see it now?

DeletedUser

I think that the prices should go down, but at a much steadier rate than the one given in Iceman's example.

Perhaps, we could drop the amount of gold by 10 for every 50 cities we conquer, so by 200+ we will still be paying around 10 gold, making Inno still make a fair amount of money.

DeletedUser

If cities = 20<

Then Olympic Games = 50 Gold-(Cities*0.2 Gold)+4 Gold
This runs on the same price as Argos139 has suggested however you will slowly see the price decrease by 1 gold for every 5 additional cities you have.

The +4 gold is to cancel out the 20 cities you need for this to start working (20*0.2=4).

I know some people won't like it slowly decreasing as 49 (and so on) is not a rounded number however I think it's better as you see the benefits earlier.

DeletedUser

Shadowmelik I like your formula, but maybe we do need a system that keeps the amount in 10, 20, 30... .

I passed this thread to the appropriate channels. Thank you for your input guys. If you have any further comments about this or spot potential pit-falls please let me know.

DeletedUser

I too have noticed this, when I had 177 cities in gamma I never ran after 10 cities it wasn't working for my pocket.

I feel it should be the same ££ per city slot, while i'm not sure how you work that out best but once you get a few cities the Olympics is way out of most peoples price range.

Even it it when down to 10 per CP on 150 cities that is ~4,500 gold... still isn't worth it.