Bans on WW islands?

DeletedUser

Is it truley possible for a team with banned (unactive players) on a WW to win a world? That is just crazy in my opinion, and I really hope that something changes that, and if not, something was learned, bc this whole WW and hero world thing has just been a hot mess from what I have seen so far...Do I dare go join hero world or will there be things added there every min theres a mishap or loop in the rules, thus, making it possible for banned and inactive members claiming victory for a team? I wonder what I am in for if I do go to be honest. What about a team that has a player with twenty one cities....could that player just go into VM mode" and never be attackable for the last forty one days
frankly for that matter...next time what we should do is have a player with eighty four cities use this strategy :pro: I thought...*Rubs head*

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

First no point blaming on the mods, we just do as we are told, we ban people that break the rules. We do not interfere with the running of the game. It would also be impractical for every ban for us to check every wonder island in the game to see if a player had a city on it.

Yes a player can go on VM and stop you taking the cities on a wonder island, and a person with 80 cities going on VM that owns all 4 wonder islands would not be breaking any rules that are currently in place.

Regarding banned players if a player gets banned they go ghost within the normal timeframe of an inactive player. While it appears DN had some banned players I personally think it is bad form on their part to allow them to carry on in the alliance, and while they have technically won the game, you can’t say they have won with honour. They exposed a loophole in the current rules / game mechanics.

I have already spotted this is an issue and have created a new thread in ideas you can access this thread by clicking here

If you feel this isn’t right please add your comments and thoughts to the thread.

Nevertheless if I am honest no amount of complaining about what has happened will change the fact they won the world, while I would not want to be associated with an alliance that wins like that - they have won. They only way forward is to get a game mechanic changed that doesn’t allow this to happen.

DeletedUser14937

I was going to close the thread to avoid it getting turned into a spam fest but since technically no rules have been broken yet I will keep it open. Keep it civil and within the rules and it will continue to remain open.
Consider this the one and only warning for all though, any infringements will result in the immediate closure of the thread and infractions being handed out first time.

Enjoy :p!

DeletedUser

We're not going to kick a player who got banned (which is the player's own fault, not something that the DN leadership advocates) who has cities on our wonder islands, we would then lose the wonder we were building on that island. You can't "unchoose" a wonder island, once you select a wonder to build on an island you can't build it anywhere else and you can't undo the choice. Kicking the player would basically screw the entire alliance out of the chance to build wonders at all for one person's mistake.

I'm very surprised at your comments Merry, I never have had a problem with you personally but I take offense to your post. Considering your alliance made the choice not to build wonders at all it makes you sound like a sore loser to say its unfair for DN to have won. I could see how an alliance who had been trying to race us to build a wonder might be upset about this issue, but I don't really see how it concerns you.

I'm not condoning breaking the rules, and I'm certainly not happy about the situation with the person in question, but we tried to make the best of it for the benefit of the rest of our alliance who did nothing wrong.

DeletedUser

Saska... Really? How can you say we did not win with honor? DN did not ban any player. DN did not ask any player to break or bend the rules. The Mods banned the player (yes we need mods, no I'm not mad anyone was banned, mods are here for a reason) But for "senior in game mod" to come onto the forums and say an alliance didn't win with honor because a player was banned on a wonder island is incredible. There are 19 other cities on an island that could be taken. We didn't win with honor because only 95% of the cities on an island are attackable? Just a heads up, there is a feature in place for banned players, it's called ghosting. When a player ghosts on a wonder island, not only is it a race to conquer the city, but also all the resources on that level of wonder are lost, OR if it's at level 10, you lose the entire level. We actually had to RACE to build 3 wonders to level 10, before a player ghosted, so we could win.

So all this talk about not winning with honor, in my point, is flat out slander. We played by the rules. We built 4 wonders to level 10 before any alliance built 1 to level 10. We haven't quit, we are now trying to build all 7 to level 10.

I don't think it's fair to penalize an entire alliance, because one player was banned, or even because a player went into vacation mode. If this is the case, there should be no vacation mode, and if a player is banned, might as well ban the entire alliance. I'm sure that will make this wonderful game thrive :)

DeletedUser

D.N. (the greatest players of all times) have won this server with great honor & respect, no one can question that!

20-25 days ago I didnt wanna play anymore so I decided to handover my acc and Ive opened a ticket. 6-7 hours after he logged in to my acc (he thought the process was done) but I logged in too cos I didnt think that he will login without telling me. We did a terrible mistake so I got global permanent ban. The wierd thing is my acc in sigma was not an attackable ban whereas my acc in athens was an attackable ban. I really dont know the reason for that but what I know; if I had also an attackable ban in sigma, D.N could take my cities without loosing and ww resources. They punished D.N. for my personal mistake but at the end D.N win this server which they really deserved.

Congrats to all my friends in D.N.

DeletedUser

hahahahahahaha......the scam broadens

D.N. (the greatest players of all times) have won this server with great honor & respect, no one can question that!

As a former member of DN I can confidently say that while they are alright...Harbingers are the greatest players of all time. We kicked the pants off DN before they ran to Sigma to hide from real players so that alone is enough proof but ask Hammy and Helly and they will admit it (in private)...lol.

DeletedUser

Im talking about the D.N after the merge with WoE and in last months the recruits from the other alliances. We became the the greatest of all times. Pity that you werent around to see that :)
We kicked the pants off DN before they ran to Sigma to hide from real players

DeletedUser4577

I agree completely with Helly and Hamster. Its these types of threads or comments that I stopped posting here. For one this thread was made by someone complaining...If I made a thread for each time I wanted to cry about something that happened in the game I would be spammer of the year. Get over it, You lost we won and if helly is right you didnt even try for a wonder so get over it. Complain about something that effected you personally.

Saska - I honestly dont care for you. I cant say I knew you but now I dont care to. To actually come here and say something like that is completely surprising. The player was banned and that I am guessing goes to you. To say we should have taken a "Higher" rode for honor? Honor has nothing to do with a stupid game. No reason to sit there and tell everyone "oh hey this guy is banned so due to having honor we wont build this wonder any longer. Thanks for your hard work so far" its absolutely stupid. We have many other cities on the WW Islands that could be attacked and using a reason like this to complain thats why we won is sad but to then say we have no honor on top of that...being a mod you think you would watch what you say but I suppose not.

Icyber you should have closed this right when It started.

I am honestly about to quit these forums. Its just not fun anymore and if anyone is posting its about how someone has cheated or complaining. Theres the other issue with forums being dead due to overmodding them....The Grepolis forums are dying and the game has begun to grow dull to me as well.

Do not edit my post...You dont like it then infract me but do not delete it.

DeletedUser

It looks like I touched a nerve or too, there are two sides to the argument and I have dealt with both over the last few days on Sigma, and recently on other worlds.

Allowing a world to be won when a player is protecting it because they are banned is bad game mechanics, but I personally think it is bad form on the part of the players that allowed this to happened (ie the people that made the call to keep any banned players on the wonder island in the alliance to allow them to win). They could have wait the week or so and taken the player if they had gone ghost, or waited until the ban expired that way no one could complain about the way in which they won the world.

But on the other hand we have the lines of people that are complaining about the ‘Win’ based on the fact it wasn’t fair because they had no chance of taking cities from the banned player. (If they were good enough to if the player was playing is another matter).

I imagine if another alliance took a city on the DN wonder island and then the player got banned there would be a lot to be said about it as it wouldn’t allow DN to take the city, it is the same but in reverse.

But I apologise if I offended anyone with my comment about “honor” however there were always other options available which would have stopped others form complaining about the way in which you won.

DeletedUser

But I apologise if I offended anyone with my comment about “honor” however there were always other options available which would have stopped others form complaining about the way in which you won.

At the very least, the devs should consider WW island bans to be attackable bans as one of those 'other options'. That seems to be a compromise which allows everyone to continue playing the game as it's meant to be played (with the obvious exception of the banned player).

DeletedUser

I appreciate the response to the thread Saska, but with the banned player on 5 of our wonder islands and no option to 'unchoose' to build the wonder on those islands we wouldn't have had a shot at building the 4 of 7 wonders until he goes ghost (its already been a month, so not sure how much longer that will be). I have already commented on the thread you mentioned above and agree attackable bans would be the solution to make it fair on all sides.

DeletedUser

There were always other options available which would have stopped others form complaining about the way in which you won.
@Saska, there will always be complaints about the winners, its all about the digestion. Others are not complaining about the way D.N. win, but the game rules. D.N. win this server within the rules you make. So mods should focus on changing the rules;

1- If a banned player have city/cities on wonder islands then it must be an attackable ban
2- A player who have city/cities on wonder islands, can not go in vac mode or can go but his/her ww cities should be attackable

If you change this rules then others can not complain about this issue, then they must try to find other stuff for complaining :)

DeletedUser

D.N. win this server within the rules you make. So mods should focus on changing the rules;

To the best of my knowledge moderators don't make the rules, they simply ensure they're followed. Your point still stands though, some of the rules concerning player activity on World Wonder islands are flawed.

DeletedUser23458

I don't really see the bans as an issue because VM is used to protect cities on wonder islands the EXACT same way, the player just has to fork over some cash if they are out of days... I don't see that ever changing to attackable VM even if it is just for wonder island cities. Letting a single player pay for VM so that they can block out an island is just as bad, or worse because your accepting money to allow someone to exploit a loophole.

to say that DN should be ashamed of how they won is unfair... we won the same way we would have if said player hadn't been banned. DN isn't the only alliance that had banned/VM players on wonder islands preventing them from being attacked - as you can see we managed to work around it and still block wonders. Not once did I come across an enemy wonder island and think to myself "this guy got himself banned just to block that wonder" , and I don't suspect our enemies ever really thought that, they know we like when they attack. In fact I don't see any of our enemies making this claim against DN, just that it needed to be looked into. why this was turned on DN is beyond me.

you want to talk about honor fine, look at the number of cities that player has on wonder islands and try to tell me "honestly" that you think we used this as an exploit, you would think that the island would be at least half covered or more by the banned player.

I didn't cheat to win; and I won't feel ashamed for being a part of DN. MW, I know your post wasn't about DN in specific and I am sorry it was turned into it. You only wanted a place where you could vent about an issue with your fellow sigma players, I agree that it's lame but I won't agree with attackable bans without attackable VM for wonder cities as well. I suggest we do away with protected bans and VM all together (at least on wonder servers) if it becoming that much of an issue. sorry this is so long guys, it took alot of work to censor the first copy.

DeletedUser

Gnik...Thank you for understanding, this was not meant as a personal attack or slander to DN OR its leadership. I congrat you guys on the win, its more than I can say for us. I just merely wanted to draw attention to a matter i see necessary to be resolved before it is a repeat of history in each and every world, thus, scaring good soldiers (such as yours truley here from delta) and challengers away, and effectively running grepo into the shadows of anyone worth while in the game still.

@Helly: I never had personal issues with you either, but since this thread, have seen and heard that you apparently do with me now....Well I will be in HW, choosing NW, feel free to come sort it out with me if you must to feel better. I wish you would get over this and realize the intent behind it, If I wanted to just say you guys are full of multis and cheaters, its the same old argument every poor sport that loses a world would pitch....You guys won regardless of why, and I just want the issues to be discussed and resolved, simple. I have never used the sigma externals really, so to be honest, didnt know you used them so much and would take such high offense to my post....But if that personal issue still stands, you know where to find me in HW. If not, I am glad we can squash this where it is.

Best of luck and thanks for the fight in sigma soldiers,
Merry

0ZZZ

Phrourach
This is my first post.
You are kidding me right? 1 city on an island with 20 other targets? 1 city can not be attacked. And because one player unintentionally violates the rules an entire alliance must give up its win in the name of honor.
I am sorry but I missed the post where you showed how 20 targets on an island instead of 21 was a significant advantage.
I also missed the post where you showed it was the intention of any DN member to cause this.
I even missed the post where the offending player was offered the choice of an attackable ban but turned it down.
And finally I missed the post where you showed that even one of our close competitors had all 21 of their targets attackable at all times.
On this server I hoisted the DN flag.
I worked hard and in my very small part I contributed to a solid win.
You have questioned my honor and insulted me Mr MOD.
I have risked my own life several thousand times to save the lives of strangers, in the process breaking several bones and suffering countless lacerations, torn muscle and ligaments.
I think I have a clear grasp of the word honor.
My question to you Mr MOD.
What have you done to show you even understand what honor is,
let alone question mine?

On a more positive note since this might very well be my last post as well.....
To those who kicked my butt thank you. I learned.
To those whose butt I kicked, thank you as well. I learned.
And to those who I chose not to cross swords with, thank you for the entertainment whilst I learned.

/salute to all. When we meet again on the field of battle ... " May your blade chip and break.'

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Sorry Merry, I must have misunderstood your post. DN and cheating are very sensitive subjects for me, as you can see.

DeletedUser

That is very much forgiveable and understandable. Thank you so much for an apology. I am also sorry I did not say everything clearer my first , I see where its intent could be questioned, but never having had issues with me, please never hesitate to message me about anything. Sometimes I am in a hurry and do not think fully on something before posting, as you well know, ima busy founder between worlds:) Best of luck no matter where we all end up and again, Congrats on the win Helly and team!!!

DeletedUser

Is it truley possible for a team with banned (unactive players) on a WW to win a world? That is just crazy in my opinion, and I really hope that something changes that, and if not, something was learned, bc this whole WW and hero world thing has just been a hot mess from what I have seen so far...Do I dare go join hero world or will there be things added there every min theres a mishap or loop in the rules, thus, making it possible for banned and inactive members claiming victory for a team? I wonder what I am in for if I do go to be honest. What about a team that has a player with twenty one cities....could that player just go into VM mode" and never be attackable for the last forty one days
frankly for that matter...next time what we should do is have a player with eighty four cities use this strategy :pro: I thought...*Rubs head*

mmmm Merry you are in the leadership of doa with a banned player having had 18 of the cities on a wonder island and you yourself saying you would not boot him yet her you are saying its wrong. Talk about being a snake !!