ghost cities...

DeletedUser

Can be conquered a ghost city?

It is necessary to have a colony ship?

The points remain teh same after the conquest?

If raided frequently for resources the points become less. Are they becoming zero after some time? Are the resources become less?

DeletedUser

Yes, you can conquer a ghost town and yes you need a CS. You conquer them exactly the same way as you would conquer a player. The only exception with this is in a Revolt world where you do not need to have Conquest researched and you don't need to revolt it to conquer a ghost town. Just make sure you send your CS as a regular attack.

Ghost Towns lose points over time, this is because they periodically lose a building level until they disappear entirely. However, if you conquer it the points will stop decreasing.

DeletedUser

Yes, ghost cities can be conquered. They do need a Colony Ship, but the difference to normal cities is that on a Revolt world you do not need Conquest researched, to conquer a ghost city.

Points of a ghost city remain the same after a conquest. Over time, however, a ghost city 'degrades' and loses building levels. If a ghost city is not conquered it will eventually completely degrade and disappear.

Resources are raided from a ghost city in the same way as from regular cities, and they regenerate just the same as they do in regular cities. If you raid resources faster than they regenerate, there will not be resources there.

DeletedUser

i'm doing some raids and i've seen they are degrading faster if raided. so i wanted them for me...

how can i find out if my world is a "Revolt" one?

thanks again!

DeletedUser

Worlds are either Revolt or Conquest - this determines the method you use when conquering a city. The easiest way to find out the settings of your world is to scroll to your world on the main page of the forum and it will have the details listed.

DeletedUser

There are only two categories, 'Conquest' or 'Revolt'. The easiest way to see which your world is, is to look at the Forum section for it.. This screenshot shows where the settings are;

6mNMH.png

Edit: Damn you, Asth, you beat me again.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The only exception with this is in a Revolt world where you do not need to have Conquest researched

Am I reading this right? Meaning in a revolt world you only need to get to the Colony ship in order to be able to conquer another player?

DeletedUser

Am I reading this right? Meaning in a revolt world you only need to get to the Colony ship in order to be able to conquer another player?

Not quite. In a Revolt world, ghost cities can be conquered without needing to have Conquest researched. You still need it researched in order to revolt and conquer other players, though.

DeletedUser

Thanks, and how long does it take a town to become a ghost town. For example a 175 point town.

DeletedUser

A city generally ghosts 14 days after its owner becomes inactive. This time can vary depending on whether or not the account has gold on it. Cities also ghost when their owner chooses to restart the account.

If you're thinking of conquering a 175 point city though, don't. Colonizing a new city gives 750 points, so conquering anything below that is not worth it. :)

DeletedUser

Yes. That's what determines the size of a city, the buildings and the level of those buildings.

DeletedUser

like i said, i'm raiding some ghost cities for resources... with no troops loses, excepting the first time when i had to break their wall, usually 3-6 level.

after raiding 10 times a 3000 city became 2700, much faster than an "unraided" one.

now I want to make them mine.

i'm in the omicron world. the forum says:
" Settings: Speed - 2; Alliance Limit - 60; Beginners Protection - 5 days; Revolt; Morale"

Question: what should i do to conquer them, revolt them... MAKE THEM MINE FASTER, till someone finds out?

i have a colony ship.

thank you.

DeletedUser

To conquer a ghost city on a Revolt world you do not need to put the city into revolt.. just land the Colony Ship in that city. As already said, I'd recommend not conquering anything below 750 (or, indeed, below 3000+) points.

DeletedUser

Ghost towns don't decrease in points because you raid them. They will randomly lose a building level over time which decreases the point total by a random amount.

DeletedUser

So I actually put a ghost into revolt on a revolt world. DOH!

Can I go ahead and send my CS back right away in a regular attack once it gets home? Or do I have to wait out the revolt now?

DeletedUser

So I actually put a ghost into revolt on a revolt world. DOH!

Can I go ahead and send my CS back right away in a regular attack once it gets home? Or do I have to wait out the revolt now?

You can send your CS at any time, as a regular attack.

DeletedUser

Why yes, I can just go back in with a regular attack or a breakthrough attack.

DeletedUser

Not a Breakthrough attack. To the best of my knowledge, regardless of the type of city, a Colony Ship will only land if launched as a regular attack. If launched as either a Revolt or Breakthrough attack, it will attack the city as normal but be turned away and return to it's city of origin.

DeletedUser

OK, so we understand that you do not need to put a ghost city into Revolt and should land your CS as a normal attack.

How many accompanying troops do you need to send, however? In other words, will a ghost city defend itself or is it OK to just send the CS? (I conquered a ghost city, but I sent a ton of troops (200+ swords, e.g.) with it thinking they would be left behind as support - they weren't. They were all wiped out. I got the city, but think I overspent in troops for it.