Economic Development

DeletedUser

I'm curious what order experienced players either accomplished the below economic milestones in developing their first city or soon will.

FARM-5: Take Farm #5
  • Defended by 60 Swordsmen
  • Need 100 Troop Space
  • Attack with either 80 Slingers or 32 Hoplites or 16 Horsemen
FARM-6: Take Farm #6
  • Defended by 100 Archers
  • Need 300 Troop Space
  • Attack with either 54 Slingers or 12 Horsemen
MARKET-5: Expand Market to Level 5
  • Allows Trading with Farms
  • Need Senate 12, Cave 5, Warehouse 7
RESOURCES-15: Expand Timber camp, Quarry and Silver mine to Level 15
  • Provides 106 resources per hour

Based on what I know so far, I will likely attempt these items in the following order:

FARM-5 -> MARKET-5 -> RESOURCES-15 -> FARM-6

I assume most players acquire the first four farms fairly early on before building a market or expanding their timber camp/mine levels in a big way. If I missed an option that involves economic development, please let me know.

Your candid answers would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'd get the resources before any major farming operations. That's why my points are lagging so much behind the leaders... I'm going for resources, and they've gone for farms to build better structures earlier... I still agree with my method though, because once you have the resources going, you can have anything you like very quickly, regardless.

Uhh, that's my excuse for not having many points too... :D

DeletedUser

I'd get the resources before any major farming operations. That's why my points are lagging so much behind the leaders... I'm going for resources, and they've gone for farms to build better structures earlier... I still agree with my method though, because once you have the resources going, you can have anything you like very quickly, regardless.

Uhh, that's my excuse for not having many points too... :D

It's slightly believable, probably less so at this speed :D

I'd suggest that given the disparity in world / troop speed a harbour is going to be a major economic factor.

DeletedUser

Kanga you getting resource buildings to lvl 15 or higher first?

DeletedUser

Thanks everyone for your responses. I edited the first post slightly to correct the warehouse requirement (level 7) for the Market-5 scenario.

DeletedUser

Most of my resourses are 2/3 to 15 my other is exactly 1/3 there