Rejected Idea~ Anarchy Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I'm not sure if that was sarcasm or the truth.... Hard to tell.

DeletedUser24661

we need to develop the idea, i looked to and couldn't find either...

DeletedUser

Worlds with no alliances have been suggested and rejected a few times.
I can't find the threads but it has defo happened.

Unless i dreamt it..?

DeletedUser27621

World Speed should be 5-10 so If you get conquered you can get back in the action faster, and perhaps change some things like a Conquest research to be earlier. Perhaps we could get rid of dodging all together by making the Unit speed super high and disallowing support as previously mentioned.:pro:

DeletedUser24661

i suppose if you start of with low academic requirements conquering others will be encouraged more, if you decrease the requirement to gain a CS and conquest it would be easier as a anarchy world, and make it so you can only support your self to discourage unofficial alliances but as its an anarchy world there are no rules so people may form alliance unofficially but as there is no rules in game who's to say they wont turn on their friend to get the upper hand? (scr)there is no diplomacy and no rules,so you can turn on whomever you wish this solves the unofficial alliance issue

DeletedUser23986

an unofficial alliance won't get people asking to join, so it will either be 7-8people from other world or 4-5 people sharing islands, they cab't be called an alliance!

also, theonlythomas, then we can have 2 players alliance, without any pact feature, management, will cause the people to play alone :D

DeletedUser24661

developing the idea​

i have redesigned what the academy has to offer with a few other things added i hope that this is of sufficient quality as to observe if not im sorry and will request help to whom ever knows how to attack the files properly

some of the new technology includes ares the god of war whom you may worship when you have researched his technology of Pausanias, (or ares place of worship), there are six new technology although i do not think that they may be passed but i would like to add them, one of which is the tholos which is like a government meeting place but i was thinking that it could be re-engineered to fit another purpose like democracy for the city, some thing like it will allow you to make peace will three other people sort of allies, (if you have any idea's as to what this use can be please feel free to discuss) i will name the other technology at demand as i dont want to type much Untitled.jpg

DeletedUser24661

not sure what cab't is but, if there isnt official alliance i think people will just concentrate on conquest ive developed my idea further in the form of technology's

DeletedUser

No offence, but you're really over-complicating this whole idea with discussion of recreating the Academy, and removing things like Support and all game rules.

Don't start redefining the basics of Grepolis until you have a solid base idea to work up from. Start with the simplest things; what would stay the same in the new worlds, what minor changes would be there. Once you have everything basic sorted, then you could start thinking about more major changes. It is foolish to start thinking of major changes like recreating the Academy, when you don't even have the basics down yet.

DeletedUser

Ummm OK let's break this idea down.

Anarchy Worlds- Are worlds where there are no alliances, and no diplomacy.

DeletedUser24661

anarchy means the authority fails the lack of it to sustain order thats exactly what we want a game with no allies no rules just pure killing thats the idea no alliance no diplomacy no mercy, the fact people may form unofficial alliances is there porblem but whats not to say they wont turn on them, and as for the academy i had an hour spare and i was bored...

DeletedUser

anarchy means the authority fails the lack of it to sustain order thats exactly what we want a game with no allies no rules just pure killing thats the idea no alliance no diplomacy no mercy, the fact people may form unofficial alliances is there porblem but whats not to say they wont turn on them, and as for the academy i had an hour spare and i was bored...

Anarchy is the absence of any government or other authority, not the failure of such.

As for unofficial alliances, it's not their problem, it's a problem for everyone. If one group of players forms an unofficial alliance then they are gaining an unfair advantage over all other players, and thus it is a matter that should be taken into consideration. The alliance system that exists in-game allows everyone to make use of it, so that no one group gains an advantage from working together. If you want to remove that system, you cannot simply shrug it off and say "it's not our problem", because this is a big idea. If you want something like this to work you need to think of ALL potential problems, and solve them before they have a chance to happen. There is a reason why the vast majority of player suggestions (to all games, not exclusively to Grepolis) fail, and more often than not it is because the suggestion has been made without considering the implications.

DeletedUser

Please note these unofficial alliances can only consist of roughly 3 or 4 players working together, any more would be a nightmare.

Without an Alliance Forum I would believe that most unofficial alliances would crumble weakly, and could not really be classified as an alliance. I also feel that players will understand the game and destroy each other.

DeletedUser24661

yes but if we allow communication they are obviously going to make friends with others who will help them, if we take the support away its going to discourage unofficial alliances, we could make it that a player can not attack the same player another person is at a point in time, thus discouraging the need to request aid?

DeletedUser

If we don't allow communication it would become extremely boring.........

DeletedUser24661

no im saying to keep it but the problem with communication is that people are likely to make friends which may lead to people requesting aid from that player

DeletedUser

Please note these unofficial alliances can only consist of roughly 3 or 4 players working together, any more would be a nightmare.

Without an Alliance Forum I would believe that most unofficial alliances would crumble weakly, and could not really be classified as an alliance. I also feel that players will understand the game and destroy each other.

Totally untrue. As I have said before in this thread, I myself have been in alliances that have operated without using the official alliance system. There has been an alliance formed, but all communication happened outside of the game and everything was done flawlessly. As many as 30 people, working together perfectly. Everyone knows everyone else's activity times, and levels of skill, so people work together to form mini-ops within the alliance. When timings need to be co-ordinated, spreadsheets are used to calculate travel times and who needs to launch when. If someone has attacks, or needs support, they say as much in an external chat room and everyone who is online can immediately send support.

You seem to have too much faith in the current alliance system, to think that without it no alliances will form. Grepolis is a very social game and lots of people form close relationships while playing. With a world like this, there would be people joining with groups of their friends - many people have played together on several worlds, for months or years, to communicate and co-ordinate outside an official system is not a problem for them.

yes but if we allow communication they are obviously going to make friends with others who will help them, if we take the support away its going to discourage unofficial alliances, we could make it that a player can not attack the same player another person is at a point in time, thus discouraging the need to request aid?

So you would make it so that if a person is being attacked, nobody else can attack them? I already pointed out the flaw in this - two players could constantly send small attacks (1 Light Ship, 1 Slinger, etc) at each other. The attacks would do no damage, but would prevent them from being attacked by anyone else.

If you remove the support system, it will fail. The support system is important for more than just sending support to defend, it is important for dodging attacks, placing tripwires in target cities, spiking farm cities to kill enemy farming raids, etc. You can not remove the support system from the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser24661

a point was made earlier about conquest being available earlier, in the academy i redesigned it was available at lvl 13 but CS was available at lvl ten this means people will start expanding empire rather fast, as conquest is available earlier i think this will encourage them to start conquering more, the whole idea of this world is to be the best in any pvp game no body works together i have played many and no body thinks of working together just winning

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

a point was made earlier about conquest being available earlier, in the academy i redesigned it was available at lvl 13 but CS was available at lvl ten this means people will start expanding empire rather fast, as conquest is available earlier i think this will encourage them to start conquering more, the whole idea of this world is to be the best in any pvp game no body works together i have played many and no body thinks of working together just winning

Again, that's totally wrong. You are assuming that nobody will work together, despite it being proven that people always do work together if they can get an advantage by doing so.

You, in another thread, used Runescape's PvP system as an example. In Runescape's original PvP system, it was intended as a free-for-all, no 'alliance' system. Players fought each other, but soon unofficial alliances and clans formed, which led to people helping each other in fights against other players. So serious was this issue that Runescape took steps to include it in the game, by adding clan chat functions and, eventually, clans themselves.

I have tried to make this clear, but I will try again: YOU CANNOT ASSUME SOMETHING WILL NOT BE A PROBLEM. YOU MUST LOOK AT EVERY POTENTIAL PROBLEM, AND COME UP WITH A SOLUTION.

Edit:

You say that the point is to be the best. Here is a hypothetical situation:

Everyone is playing normally, no alliances. One player is doing better than all others, and is at #1. The other players cannot beat him by themselves, so they start communicating, and work together to bring down the #1. Thus, an unofficial alliance is formed.

If you say that the only aim is to be the best, you are automatically ensuring that alliances will form.

Status
Not open for further replies.