Tc pickes a side

• Thread starter Steven Frostblood
  • Start date

DeletedUser14492

Oh where oh where has my Akazmier gone?

Akaz is still very much alive and kicking... though he is under intense pressure right now... I am quite sure he could do with the help of an old friend.

What a pitty Inno have ruined these old worlds so that players like yourself cannot get back in. Im actually looking forward to Theta closing now so I can turn my attention elsewhere, somewhere perhaps that treats its members with the respect and customer service they deserve unlike Inno!

We even suggested to them in these forums to allow us to individually invite people, such as folk in your situation, but it fell on deaf ears, just like every other suggestion we have made :(

Ev

DeletedUser

Umm, not to be a party crasher or anything but you do know that once one alliance has built 4 wonders the world opens to new players again?? Therefore Theta has signed its own death warrant by agreeing to one wonder each, not Innogames. I will try to find the thread for you.

DeletedUser10902

Right here Val! :)

Umm, not to be a party crasher or anything but you do know that once one alliance has built 4 wonders the world opens to new players again?? Therefore Theta has signed its own death warrant by agreeing to one wonder each, not Innogames. I will try to find the thread for you.

Really???!!! Is this true?

DeletedUser

Ummm....no

You can still return ;) . Interested?

DeletedUser14492

As soon as I read this I felt it was probably not true. Because there have been so many mixed messages from Inno and the mods, I dont think they ever had a strategy for the old worlds. The treatment of us, the players has been atrocious in this regard.

World wonders are a joke jono, it is supposed to be a war game, not a game where alliances race to spend vast quantities of resources on "wonders" that convey little or no benefit at all. They are totally and utterly pointless. I admire the effort in trying to find a solution, but most veteran players told them it was a stupid idea and they didnt listen.

Ev

DeletedUser

Infectious State in Lambda took 1 month to build 4 wonders. Surely Once they are built here the world can carry on as usual?? I do agree with you though in the fact that converting the old worlds was wrong. I do think the idea itself is not bad, and it does work well in the new worlds.

I respect you all guys tonnes for making the 1 wonder agreement and sticking to it, I would have gone for the win but i can totally understand why you chose what you did :)

DeletedUser8790

As soon as I read this I felt it was probably not true. Because there have been so many mixed messages from Inno and the mods, I dont think they ever had a strategy for the old worlds. The treatment of us, the players has been atrocious in this regard.

World wonders are a joke jono, it is supposed to be a war game, not a game where alliances race to spend vast quantities of resources on "wonders" that convey little or no benefit at all. They are totally and utterly pointless. I admire the effort in trying to find a solution, but most veteran players told them it was a stupid idea and they didnt listen.

Ev

Blah, This is such a tired excuse. That is right it is a war game, What better way to wage war then to attack something an alliance has built that took a good amount of effort. The only mistake the game makers made was making resource requirements for speed three worlds 3 X that of 1 speed worlds. If they had left it alone or made it so you can send 3 X as many resources on a delivery than it would be more fair. They asked for better ideas, I did not here any from you? The problem with the war game now in theta is that there are too many over bloated players, and I am two or three of them. I would be surprised if your alliance put together has enough cp to take all my cities even if they could reach them, I know I cannot do it to anyone in the game. So we are stuck in a perpetual stale mate, shaken up only by occasional player attrition. Just as I had predicted.

DeletedUser14492

Its not an excuse cali, its a fact, you are in the minority in favouring the wonders... most of us knew it was a stupid idea and said so.

As for alternatives, I do remember ideas being put forward. All you need to do is look to other mmo browser type games, there are a ton of solutions to this type of issue.

You mention that we have reached a point where rimming a player, "defeating" them is most unlikely, I agree... but that is a problem with an unlimited city cap... to avoid this they could apply a 100 city cap for every player... this means NO player can get too big for others to defeat... this works in other games perfectly... it could work here as well, then you would not get "Robbyns" of the game.

It would also increase the need for team work, cos players with 200+ cities have little need for an alliance, they can fend off alliance wide attacks all by themselves from most ops. With a limit of 100 or so cities, they could no longer opperate on their own so much.

Just an idea folks :)

Ev

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9465

I have to admit that the wonders pact was not the best idea ever. As bad as the world wonder scenario is, it is still better that what Theta has became lately. A boring world lacking any kind of goal. Regarding Evelyne's idea what can I say: unfortunate idea from a mediocre player.

DeletedUser14492

Rob, my mention of your name was not an insult, it simply served to illustrate a point. I have nothing against what you have achieved at all... I admire it. Your a bit touchy arent you lol.

When large, premium players who have been around a very long time try to criticise non-premium less experienced players I find that quite amusing. Anyone can do what you have done Rob, they just need to spend time and plenty of gold on Grepolis. A superiority complex does not do you any favours.

Im more than happy with what I have achieved, I am a founder of the number 1 alliance on Theta, if that makes me mediocre I have no problem with it, Ive never pretended to be anything else... Im just here for the ride and Ive enjoyed it.

Ev

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I have to admit that the wonders pact was not the best idea ever. As bad as the world wonder scenario is, it is still better that what Theta has became lately. A boring world lacking any kind of goal. Regarding Evelyne's idea what can I say: unfortunate idea from a mediocre player.

robbyn, the server came to the state it did because of the upgrade and the world wonders, in sigma they never had a pact and go ask the players of sigma how the world wonder thing worked there...that server is dead as well, and it didn't last a year...so your argument is not valid, it wasn't the pact that made things stale it was the world wonders themselves, there are many more ways to better game play and keep things flowing but inno wasn't interested in hearing any of them. the pact was a good idea because it allowed us to focus on the war rather than the wonders, the staleness of the server is because of the wonders taking too much time and resources in a world that was well established, and this happened in sigma as well even though there existed no pact and the player knew full well that a wonder age was coming when they joined. so anything callinectes has to say about the wonders and with respect to the wonders has no validity.

DeletedUser8790

robbyn, the server came to the state it did because of the upgrade and the world wonders, in sigma they never had a pact and go ask the players of sigma how the world wonder thing worked there...that server is dead as well, and it didn't last a year...so your argument is not valid, it wasn't the pact that made things stale it was the world wonders themselves, there are many more ways to better game play and keep things flowing but inno wasn't interested in hearing any of them. the pact was a good idea because it allowed us to focus on the war rather than the wonders, the staleness of the server is because of the wonders taking too much time and resources in a world that was well established, and this happened in sigma as well even though there existed no pact and the player knew full well that a wonder age was coming when they joined. so anything callinectes has to say about the wonders and with respect to the wonders has no validity.

To each world his own, On other worlds it actually made them interesting again, i.e. delta was dead before and got active

Its not an excuse cali, its a fact, you are in the minority in favouring the wonders... most of us knew it was a stupid idea and said so.

As for alternatives, I do remember ideas being put forward. All you need to do is look to other mmo browser type games, there are a ton of solutions to this type of issue.

You mention that we have reached a point where rimming a player, "defeating" them is most unlikely, I agree... but that is a problem with an unlimited city cap... to avoid this they could apply a 100 city cap for every player... this means NO player can get too big for others to defeat... this works in other games perfectly... it could work here as well, then you would not get "Robbyns" of the game.

It would also increase the need for team work, cos players with 200+ cities have little need for an alliance, they can fend off alliance wide attacks all by themselves from most ops. With a limit of 100 or so cities, they could no longer opperate on their own so much.

Just an idea folks :)

Ev

Yes there were ideas, I doubt having a cap would be useful, if anything the reverse would make the game interesting or at least have the option to destroy a city. Imagine no CP restraints or Being able to rid yourself of useless cities. or play a scorched earth policy keep conquering and burn down cities in your wake. That would be interesting indeed.

DeletedUser14492

I like the "destroy city" option... it could be an alternative to the existing, "attack" and "revolt" attacks... you can either completelyl destroy enemy cities, removing them from the game... or burn and partially destroy cities, causing huge amounts of rebuilding work for the enemy.

These types of ideas work in other games, who knows, it could work here. I think a "destroy city" type idea was put forward before, no idea what happened with it.

Ev

DeletedUser9465

Time and gold are not enough Eventine. And last I've checked The Phalanx. was ranked number one, not The Cohort.