Did you know?

DeletedUser

OK so sab and I have been talking and there are far too many negative threads on this forum. So we are going to start a few alternative threads to the usual dribble, can everybody please stay on topic in these threads. We have threads for the wars so have your war of words in them.

This first thread pretty much explains itself, just post interesting "did you know" facts...............

Did you know?
In 1674,
Louis XIV of France was visiting a school at Clermont, he heard from the school's authorities that one of the children, a nine- year-old Irish lad named Francis Seldon, had made a pun about the king's bald head.

Louis was furious. He had a secret warrant drawn up for the child's arrest, and young Seldon was thrown into solitary confinement in the Bastille. His parents, members of one of Europe's richest merchant families, were told simply that the child had disappeared. Days turned to months, months to years, and Louis himself passed away. But Francis spent sixty-nine years "in the hole" for making fun of the king's baldness.

DeletedUser

Ya, that'll teach him. I hate kid's that make fun of bald people too.:Angry:

DeletedUser

Cb I heard you were so bald people play air hockey on you head :D

DeletedUser

Did you know that Abraham Lincoln never actually cut down an apple tree, the whole story was made up, and yet he is still known as Honest Abe.

DeletedUser

Did you know it was George Washington and it was a cherry tree?

DeletedUser

Did you know that Frisbee was originally a bakery, and when kids started using the used pans to toss to each other, the bakery started selling them as toys?

DeletedUser

Did you know the king of hearts is the only king without a moustache on a standard playing card.

DeletedUser

What do you mean suicidal?

Look at the card, its the only king that is trying to kill himself by sticking a weapon through his skull. lol

Also did you know there is only 2 one-eyed jacks in the deck?

hence when i play poker once in awhile i call the suicide king and one-eyed jacks as wild cards, making only 3 cards wild instead of 4 if call deuces or threes wild.

DeletedUser

i thought he was taking out his weapon to kill others not himself lol