Milestones of Lamia*

• Thread starter DeletedUser5061
  • Start date

DeletedUser28998

now my turn

First of all, details regarding someone's ban is never released. Secondly, it shouldn't be glorified which is effectively what is happening if you make it a milestone.

How so? Forum moderators have no anything to do with ingame and ingame moderators do not have access to any tools in the worlds they play. Furthermore, bans are only given when rules are broken and not upon simple request. I fail to see how a moderator can gain an advantage above a regular player.

Now I really like to know why I got banned too. I don't violate any rules, no bad language to anyone. but got banned for no reasons. Asth could you please tell me what did I do wrong ?

CQ

DeletedUser

conquer01 is a good dude. its really quite uncool to sooth egos in such a way. buuuuut youll never be the best if you dont face the best and actually win. so its a lose lose, cept with no friends icing. =/

DeletedUser24785

We also have a player banned,we really need some explanation to all this sudden banning on this world.

DeletedUser

wow! I absolutely love how players who are too afraid to man up and fight an alliance full of good players always seem to cry "the mods are using their super powers to gain an unfair advantage"
The reason none of the R4GE players are banned is because we don't cheat...

What happened to the 5 players then?

DeletedUser

Timothy: a lot of top players got banned, I know of at least 12 (including Rage so no double standards here).

DeletedUser

<off_topic>
- people don't get banned without proper reason - no matter what they may say (i have seen, and handed out, enough bans to say this with 100% certainty)
- nobody is exempt from the rules, no matter who they are or what alliance they may be in.

if your mates are getting banned, it means they have broken the rules, plain and simple. cheaters are present in every world, will never change, but the in-game team has a pretty good strike-rate so expect them to banned at some stage... as for an explanation to the ban, mods are not allowed to discuss with 3rd parties, so your best bet is to ask the banned player, even though the vast majority will deny any wrong-doing however blatant their guilt really is :p
</off_topic>

DeletedUser14283

What happened to the 5 players then?

Believe it or not you dont know what every player does in the alliance your in. Do you know everything about the players in your alliance?

I highly doubt it.

A few bad apples do not spoil the bunch.

Also, i think its pretty simple about all the banning. With all the talk in the forums about people cheating possibly is it surprising that the world is being looked at?

DeletedUser24785

I agree that anyone caught cheating should be banned but can we at least see maybe on the padlock when banned how long it is for if not the reason.It just seems unfair on leaders to see players banned and not knowing how long to wait for their return, i realise reasons cannot be disclosed.

DeletedUser5061

ooh we have some sick mod and she aint played with anyone on our team before so I think that is fair as you will get since r4ge is full of mods and friendly players that have been around a long time.

I think truthspeak should get banned next, just sayin

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I agree that anyone caught cheating should be banned but can we at least see maybe on the padlock when banned how long it is for if not the reason.It just seems unfair on leaders to see players banned and not knowing how long to wait for their return, i realise reasons cannot be disclosed.
general guideline:
if one of your members is banned, assume they are not coming back and boot them. if they do come back, you can talk to them and re-invite them if you want.

or, ya know, just leave them in your alliance as extra padding on the points table so your alliance looks scarier to noobs ;)

DeletedUser29036

but its not practical to tell a virtual alliance leader anything more than any other playyer has access too. at best an alliance leader should be given a pop up when trying to send an invite to a player that says something like 'this player has been banned for breaching TOS previously, are you sure you want to invite this player to your alliance'

and timothy, ive played with players i thought were just fantastic that turned out to be multi-multi-accounting, its a fair thing to say that players differ in their view of what is good gaming practices.

im sure innogames gets their fair share of 'my 6 year old son did it'

There is no such thing as honesty with out transparencey. Inno needs to include the Alliance leader, he is the one left with making a decision on the players future and how it affects the other team members based soley on one side of the Story. If a player doesnt want his banning information released then he need not join a team. Until there is Transparencey the entire system will have a shroud of being shady.

DeletedUser29036

so stop whining and grow a pair... you know fine well the CM of Grepolis would of a) stopped us from modding and b) banned us by now if we really had abused our mod rights

There is no such thing as honesty with out transparencey. Inno needs to include the Alliance leader, he is the one left with making a decision on the players future and how it affects the other team members based soley on one side of the Story. If a player doesnt want his banning information released then he need not join a team. Until there is Transparencey the entire system will have a shroud of being shady.

as for your comments to 'grow a pair" i find them offensive,disturbing and childish and If i was a Mod I'd ban you right now. and guess what nobody would ever have to know it was because you made this statement. Your comments are a rule violation period. And as for Tim or the Barbarians anytime you want to cut your top guy out of the mix bring it on ! we will laugh you right out of lamia or anywhere else.

DeletedUser14283

And as for Tim or the Barbarians anytime you want to cut your top guy out of the mix bring it on ! we will laugh you right out of lamia or anywhere else.

Says the guy with 469 ABP. Back up your statement with actions or at least the stats then maybe we could consider you as a partial threat.

Also why is it so hard to just accept the rules?

The player gets banned cause they have done a bad thing simple as. If they are in your alliance kick them. Sounds more like people are a bit nosey about why they got banned then actual concern for their alliance. They are banned, get over it and move on. They couldn't have been the player people thought they were if they were banned.

DeletedUser29036

Says the guy with 469 ABP. Back up your statement with actions or at least the stats then maybe we could consider you as a partial threat.

Also why is it so hard to just accept the rules?

The player gets banned cause they have done a bad thing simple as. If they are in your alliance kick them. Sounds more like people are a bit nosey about why they got banned then actual concern for their alliance. They are banned, get over it and move on. They couldn't have been the player people thought they were if they were banned.[/QUt

Which rule was broke? I have guys swearing at me changing their names to disparage me and when I open a claim it gets ignored. I agree if a rule is broke the it its broke and I don't really care who breaks it. But how i can copy and paste ten examples of people swearing directly at me and my open claims... yet not one suspension? I barely know hank and surely wouldnt defend him if he is guilty. I but who's word is beyond reproach?? unless the dali lama owns this site then I am sure my position is correct. Be transparent and remove all doubt. Each alliance leader should get a basic note. (blah blah suspended for blah blah. to return blah blah. I am not asking for anything special nor anything I wouldnt want everyone else to have. and neither is Tim. I have spent a fortune on this game over the last couple months over multiple worlds which makes my opinon relevant, regardless if you don't think so.
and ps nobody threatened you and just as many people are affraid of you

DeletedUser

It is nobody's business why a player is banned. If they show up on your list with the little lock, you know they are banned. Alliance leaders didn't even used to get that much information. Your player would just disappear, and then come back or not.

In any event, it will never be shared with any person other than the player that has been banned, the reason for the ban.

DeletedUser5061

I am sorry girls but I am with the pompous guy who call himself sir on this one, I too think players who get banned should have no right to privacy, i mean surely if they were innocent their lawyers would have been able to appeal successfully get them unbanned + everyone knows inno mods are infallible cyborgs that have degrees in cyber gaming law that they studied 10 years to get, no way they would ever ban someone wrongfully.

Seriously though the pompous guy is not asking for anything special, why shouldn't people who are leaders in their alliance get preferential treatment, look how hard it is to become a leader in this game, you have to pass a iq test, drugs test, eye test, cholesterol test, aids test, have a driving licence, sia licence, pilots licence, rod licence, tv licence... oh yeah and the 5000 nectar points, it's not like any idiot can just click "found a alliance" and become a leader.

And while on the subject I think Inno needs to pay alliance leaders 10% commission on every pound they make one of our players, give us mod rights on this forum so we can edit any comments our players make that we don't like, they should also have flag next to the players name to show what country they are from, can't be having a palestine and israeli on the same island they might spike each others horses and last but not least contact number you can reach players on just incase you need biremes or just feeling lonely.

DeletedUser14283

Ok go to the Grepolis home page.

Scroll to the bottom.

Click Terms and Conditions.

Read it.

Let me guess many people skipped it cause it says "Terms and Conditions". I think we are all guilty as charged but im pretty sure there is a section in there which explains quite a bit about this.

Here's a link: http://legal.innogames.de/?type=agb&game=grepo&market_id=en

Im also pretty sure when you sign up you click the little box thingy that says " I accept the Terms and conditions and the Data protection regulations".

Dont like it? Tough. As a company im sure they have their own regulations to follow. You agreed to the terms and conditions without reading them has meant you have agreed to do this.

DeletedUser29036

Seriously though the pompous guy .

to the pompous person named after high performance car parts built for cars that 90% of the world can't afford

I am named after my 6 month old springer spaniel (my hunting buddy) and that is the name he had on his papers.

also I am merely stating my opinion, I believe that is why this forum is here. Good luck in the future and in the Game maybe I am jealous and would rather keep top point players like you or hank rather then loose them. I don't know all the factors that lead to his suspension and cant change it if I did but he was a member of my team and I will take his side of things until facts are presented. oh oh and you probably won't be impressed with my stats in Herkalion either but your welcome to look at those as well. I have been taking Lamia for granted that will change. Thanks for the shared knowledge it is a help.