~Grepolis New Polis Guide~

DeletedUser

Buildings:

Senate - Level 25 (to make it look nice)
Timber Camp - Level 40 (more resources for CP)
Farm - Level 40 (more troops)
Quarry - Level 40 (more resources for CP)
Warehouse - Level 20 (to research revolt)
Silver Mine - Level 40 (more resources for CP)
Barracks - Level 10 (to recruit horsemen)
City Wall - Level 20 (defence)
Cave - Level 10 (to spy and stop enemy spies)
Harbour - Level 20 (to make CS)
Academy - Level 30 (to get extra CP)
Temple - Level 15 (to get lots of favour)
Market - Level 10 (to trade)
Agora - Level 1 (simulation & CP)
Thermal Baths - Level 1 (300 extra population)
Tower - Level 1 (10 % more defence)

Total: 10182 Points / 913 Population

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Units:

Offensive

Slingers - 500
Hoplites - 200
Horsemen - 200
Transport Ships - 100
Light Ships - 50

Total: 2500 Population

DeletedUser

Defensive

Swordsmen - 500
Archers - 500
Chariots - 250
Biremes - 70

Total: 2560 Population

DeletedUser

Research:

Offensive

Slinger
City Guard
Diplomacy
Booty
Ceramics
Horsemen
Meteorology
Light Ship
Conscription
Catapult
Colony Ship
Plow
Bunks
Phalanx
Battering Ram
Cartography
Conquest

Total: 86 Research Points

DeletedUser

Defensive

Archer
Hoplite
City Guard
Diplomacy
Booty
Ceramics
Bireme
Trainer
Chariot
Conscription
Ship Wright
Fire Ship
Cryptography
Colony Ship
Plow

Total: 73 Research Points

DeletedUser

Gods:

1st City - Posiden
2nd City - Hera
3rd City - Zeus
4th City - Hades
5th City - Athena

*Restart the cycle once you reach your 6th City*

DeletedUser

Units:

Offensive

Slingers - 500
Hoplites - 200
Horsemen - 200
Transport Ships - 100
Light Ships - 50

Total: 2500 Population

hmm I will say pure nukes are more effective than mixed while attacking

DeletedUser

Buildings:

Senate - Level 25
Timber Camp - Level 40
Farm - Level 40
Quarry - Level 40
Warehouse - Level 20
Silver Mine - Level 40
Barracks - Level 10
City Wall - Level 20
Cave - Level 5
Harbour - Level 20
Academy - Level 30
Temple - Level 15
Market - Level 10
Agora - Level 1
Thermal Baths - Level 1
Tower - Level 1

Total: 9960 Points / 911 Population

Also there is nothing like a tip/trick in this as everybody knows that in the long run he/she has to achieve these levels

DeletedUser

You posted on the wrong forum. Should be moved. But anyways, Thanks for making the guides, glad to read this!

DeletedUser

hmm I will say pure nukes are more effective than mixed while attacking

I agree with you only if you were to attack a noob.

???
Cave - Level 10; it's only another 2 population in total, and there's no way you could get away with only 5000 silver in the long run.

I see your point but if someone were to be so desperate to spy on your city they will eventually get a spy through :(

You posted on the wrong forum. Should be moved. But anyways, Thanks for making the guides, glad to read this!

Sorry :( Where are the right forums?

Thank you for all your comments!

DeletedUser

i hate to say it, but this is a below average guide and a don't agree with a fair few things in it.

maybe you can give some explanation as to why you have listed the things you've listed so people can see why you've decided on those particular levels/numbers?

as an example, i disagree with even the very first building you list, senate lvl25. senate 25 is not required for any building, so the only reason to build would be for the extra speed (which is only ~6% faster than lvl24), translating to almost 17hrs of building needed to save 1hr. if i remember correctly (i may not, it's been a while :p) it takes something like 12hrs to build a senate 25? this would mean ~200hrs of build-time just to break even in time. then there is the issue of cost (it uses valuable resources early on in the game which could be used for conquest-related buildings/research/units) and the population waste (8 if i recall correctly).

so, for a building which you will only be at a high level temporarily (since players will demolish a number of levels once their city build is complete), maxing the senate seems rather wasteful in my opinion when lvl24 is the maximum requirement.

DeletedUser

???
Cave - Level 10; it's only another 2 population in total, and there's no way you could get away with only 5000 silver in the long run.

Good catch.

DeletedUser

Gods:

1st City - Posiden
2nd City - Hera
3rd City - Zeus
4th City - Hades
5th City - Athena

*Restart the cycle once you reach your 6th City*

Actually, I prefer Hera at first as you might need to rush for resources(Happiness). I usually put Poseidon on my 2nd or 3rd city. But that depends on your island.

Another point is on research. I would highly recommend Architecture for any city. A math whiz would figure it out.

DeletedUser

as an example, i disagree with even the very first building you list, senate lvl25. senate 25 is not required for any building, so the only reason to build would be for the extra speed (which is only ~6% faster than lvl24), translating to almost 17hrs of building needed to save 1hr. if i remember correctly (i may not, it's been a while ) it takes something like 12hrs to build a senate 25? this would mean ~200hrs of build-time just to break even in time. then there is the issue of cost (it uses valuable resources early on in the game which could be used for conquest-related buildings/research/units) and the population waste (8 if i recall correctly).

Lol, I only put Senate at Level 25 Because it made it so that all the levels were multiples of 5, Sorry - That is my perfectionist personality.

Actually, I prefer Hera at first as you might need to rush for resources(Happiness). I usually put Poseidon on my 2nd or 3rd city. But that depends on your island.

Another point is on research. I would highly recommend Architecture for any city. A math whiz would figure it out.

posiden is vital when making LS and you only get 525 Resources for 30 favour when with posiden you get 800 resources for 25 favour!

DeletedUser22399

Ah but if you use Hera to cast happiness it raises the production of all resources by 50% so better on the long run methinks :p

DeletedUser

But come to think of it, if you just produce like 200 resources each per hour(in a speed 2 world) , then happiness will not be such of a great help. It will only produce about 1800 resources per 120 favor while with Poseidon, you can have 3200 resources in just only 100 favor. Just put into account that all of this are wood. If you have a good market status and farming village trade, then highly I recommend Poseidon for your first city then.

DeletedUser

In my cities this is the god order I would use and what i'm using:
1.Zeus
2.Hera
3.Poseiden
4.Hades
5.Athena.
Just saying.

DeletedUser

hera happiness in a 1st city is overrated imo. in the early stages of the game the VAST majority of your resources come from farming, so the 50% boost hera gives doesn't do a whole lot for increasing your % haul daily. hera is useful for other reasons though... my only real gripe with hera is that EVERYBODY takes hera as first god, she's like the one to chose when you can't decide :p just to be different (and stubborn) i usually go for the waterboy or athena (casting HP on my 1st CS makes me feel warm and fuzzy)