Greatest Power on this World?

DeletedUser

You can't argue with Markini. Even if you make a point and prove him wrong, he is still right in his own mind, it's like arguing with Phears...no point. He thinks Eddie is the best player on this server, I don't really see how a guy who spends thousands of dollars on this game and buys his rank and cities can be the best player. All he did was sim and eat his own players forever, it wasn't till we grew north and into more of his territory he got bp because we were aggressive and attacked him and he (and everyone he got to help and all his other accounts) started stacking his cities and we were breaking his huge stacks for fun...he never attacked just stacked his cities. We have taken many cities off Eddie with him online. I'll give him credit he is good at sniping cs also, but the fact remains he didn't get offensive and actually start doing anything until he bought his way to 150 cities. I took 2 months off this server recently after ww started for personal reasons or I'd still have close to the same attack bp as eddie. And how many times do we have to explain the TEIN situation before all you morons actually get it to sink into your thick heads. TEE and Inc were the smallest teams in the top 20 FOREVER! Yet we were dominating the stats. As we beat teams we war with we recruited new players as we lost some of our own players to real life. Both of our teams always kept our player counts to around 30 or less. We worked together since early in the server and it wasn't until we merged everyone started calling us the big bullies. Most of the players on this server, esp the ones on this forum running their mouths, have NO CLUE what a lot of us went through and the dedication we put into our team to get where we are. It's been a complete team effort with a lot of great individual efforts to win this server.

All i am saying is that eddy is the best in stats (and he is by far). He has taken cities off almost every tein player near him and he is top in points, abp and dbp. No "point" can change that. I have known eddy for a while now and talking to him i have come to know he is a really nice guy and he helps us all out. I can appreciate your points but you must admit that at this moment (which is what matters) he has the most firepower and is quite simply the best! I am entitled to my own opinion and you are entitled to yours. You dont have to argue with my thick head but i like a bit of argument to keep the forum going and if i just agreed with you where would the fun be?

If you have ever talked to eddy you would think differently of him and the stats say all! Oh and by the way what is all this gold business with eddy?? Do you not use gold? Eddy told me he had only spent 60 euros on his whole time in pi that is not thousands of dollars. He doesnt even have all the premiums the whole time - only when he needs them which makes sense. Do you really think the only way somebody can be better than you is to spend loads of gold? oh dear mate :p

I think everyone can appreciate that you have probably the biggest group of very active and dedicated players and nobody is arguing with that. The merge was to ensure you won the world and that u and tee wouldnt have to battle for winning ww's. It was well planned so well done.

DeletedUser

and what xamchee??
can somebody please explain :p im young and uncultured lmao

DeletedUser

All i am saying is that eddy is the best in stats (and he is by far). He has taken cities off almost every tein player near him and he is top in points, abp and dbp. No "point" can change that. I have known eddy for a while now and talking to him i have come to know he is a really nice guy and he helps us all out. I can appreciate your points but you must admit that at this moment (which is what matters) he has the most firepower and is quite simply the best! I am entitled to my own opinion and you are entitled to yours. You dont have to argue with my thick head but i like a bit of argument to keep the forum going and if i just agreed with you where would the fun be?

If you have ever talked to eddy you would think differently of him and the stats say all! Oh and by the way what is all this gold business with eddy?? Do you not use gold? Eddy told me he had only spent 60 euros on his whole time in pi that is not thousands of dollars. He doesnt even have all the premiums the whole time - only when he needs them which makes sense. Do you really think the only way somebody can be better than you is to spend loads of gold? oh dear mate :p

I think everyone can appreciate that you have probably the biggest group of very active and dedicated players and nobody is arguing with that. The merge was to ensure you won the world and that u and tee wouldnt have to battle for winning ww's. It was well planned so well done.

Well when eddy's city size swells faster then his bp/festivals could yield slots then its pretty clear spends gold for olympic games. But who cares anymore on that subject. Its known and needs no more comments on it. As to skill. Yes eddy finally popped my cherry and took a city off me with a nicely timed fast strike. so yes there is some skill there. But he is far from best skilled player on Pi. I wont even try and say who i think it could be because i would be biased just like everyone here. so lets just say the best are the top 2 members of any alliance. They are the ones that put the work in so I will give credit where its due. And that goes for even the small rim alliances.

Now as to the Inc Tee merge. both of us had no intention of fighting each other and WW wasnt the reasoning behind it. We were brother allies from the start of the world. Incubi could have won the 4 wonder race, but would be a little empty of a win if we didnt have our brothers there as well. So we merged to have our family united for the win.

Now back to the bashing on TEIN,GGW,AX, we all suck in our own ways!

DeletedUser

Well when eddy's city size swells faster then his bp/festivals could yield slots then its pretty clear spends gold for olympic games. But who cares anymore on that subject. Its known and needs no more comments on it. As to skill. Yes eddy finally popped my cherry and took a city off me with a nicely timed fast strike. so yes there is some skill there. But he is far from best skilled player on Pi. I wont even try and say who i think it could be because i would be biased just like everyone here. so lets just say the best are the top 2 members of any alliance. They are the ones that put the work in so I will give credit where its due. And that goes for even the small rim alliances.

Now as to the Inc Tee merge. both of us had no intention of fighting each other and WW wasnt the reasoning behind it. We were brother allies from the start of the world. Incubi could have won the 4 wonder race, but would be a little empty of a win if we didnt have our brothers there as well. So we merged to have our family united for the win.

Now back to the bashing on TEIN,GGW,AX, we all suck in our own ways!

I dont know but i think it is possible to fit 3 city festivals to a city per day technically so thats how he gets new cities so fast. Maybe he was lying about the 60 euros i dont know but i doubt it..
Iv had enough talking about it too though so i dont care much anymore and i dont know about skill the only really obvious thing is stats and eddy wins hands down there.

Yep i understand the merge and it was always going to happen in the end.

hehe everyone sucks but ggw lmao seriously though what u said all sounds right to me..

SO BACK ON TOPIC - will you guys be taking eddys annoying city soon? My support has only hit a few times and only by one player...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9465

Markini, Nietzsche' s book Also sprach Zarathustra is about the end of gods and about the concept of super-man (not Superman10101... lol). So my previous post should be read like this "Lol... you superhuman... hahaha".

DeletedUser

supperman first off what i wrote was for what that guy had said he comes here and just shoot the llamas without not knowing what he's talking about.

the point was that your alliance was going around saying that no matter what you can break any siege .and that we have only faced half of the power of TEIN .

my point is that even though your alliance has more then double the cities you only have 12 hours to break it so whats the use of saying you can break any siege .we just wanted to prove we can do it and we did that,s all.
i know you will try to get it back when it's time and that you can kill 52,000 bir the problem is just as the way we took it you will have to find a weak link to get it it will have to be a very long cs well timed attack and support.oh and i know you can do it for sure but there is one problem eddy is never off 18 hours so we will see cs coming.

i still don't understand why you put those wonders there you could have put them in a much safer place .i thought you merge with them just for that to keep them out of our range,but you didn't you just got no respect for us .i'm not saying you but some of your players went around bragging .

now the other thing i don't get is you guys keep saying your a small alliance ,but the fact is even though you got less players then us you got most of the biggest players which gives you double the cities so don't go around bragging about how small you guys are because you are the biggest alliance in the world with cities .

now saying that hats of to you guys you were able to get all top players to get there .better to be small with all active players then losing inactive cities in important places,but that also part of the game real life more important.

as for ww i for one hate them this is a war game after all. i can see that they want to finish the game and have a winner and if we could have won the race we would have tried saying that we didn't try would be a lie . i don't like it when everyone keeps saying things that we know the truth deep down inside and i mean everyone on both sides.so we can see that we are going to lose the race so we stopped it was a good move on your part to merge to make sure you got double the cities.hard to win a race with half of the cities.

now i'm expecting some to come on here and take just one sentence of what i wrote here and change everything i said.something like admitting we lost or something else .just like reporters do i just to stir some .
but we didn't lose we will just lose a race thats all.but like they say the game isn't over till the fat lady sings

this is a war game and we will take advantage of you guys doing ww just as you would do. i really hope you guys stay to fight after ww so we can see how strong we are on both sides.

now whats the problem with eddy

eddy is if not the best one of the best players here i don't get what everyone's problem with him is .
i never spoke to YO i though he was ok was #1 and one of your leaders saw he kicked out you that guy mason leaders are suppose to have more logic then this. but this is not the first time he crying about him that he's using thousands of dollars.even if he is a pay player you guys also got some and the last time i check it's only about 90 dollars for a year.so stop crying about that and its up to him what he spends .but i don't think he spends thousands of dollar you guys really think that LOL. just incase you guys didn't notice he has 192 cities hum thats a lot of city fest he can do,plus all the bp he gets form attack and defending.

yo is starting to sound like one of those teams in sports that lose in the finals and can't take it not to be on top.he was number one once and now he is seeing that he will not get there again.well we never know what will happen if real life gets in the way could change things.eddy is king of the hill and will stay there.

so stop crying about it

but i kind of like it that you guys can't respect the enemy it will be your weakness just like we took light house.

for gods sake yo you know when 2 power house crash together the winner will be the one that finds the weakness of the other and eddy is doing that right .don't see why you can't admit that he is if not the best in top 3 .but you keep going around talking like he is a noob.you said some were that you guys attack him but don't take his cities and if you wanted to guys could take them all

yeah right you could kill eddy but don't. at this minute in this game

EDDY IS THE BEST KING OF THE HILL

sorry if your upset yo
im waiting to get an ear full form you now
but it's your right to say what you think

DeletedUser

We aren't idiots Markini and if you wanna believe Eddie has only spent 60 euros on this game..by all means be as ignorant as you want. When I had 800k bp and I was WAY ahead of anyone else in bp, including Eddie who maybe had 200k bp yet Eddie had the same amount of cities as I did. You can't say that had anything to do with festivals because I ran festivals daily. Then when Eddie was bantering with members on our team he said in several emails about having 18,000 in gold at any given time in his account. He bought his way to 150 cities. He didn't pass me in bp till much later, pretty much a couple months ago.

spartan Ill respond once and then Im done with the forum again. Im not concerned with being the #1 ranked player in statistics. See that is the problem with ranking in this game. You can't rank players in this game based on skill, things they accomplished, and what they went through to get their team to #1. If eddie wants to buy his way into being the #1 ranked player, which he did, and you guys think he is amazing for it...more power to you. He did spend tons of money on this game, it was very very obvious back when he had no bp and ranked 2nd in cities. When you argue and make points you only makes points of things that happen recently you don't go back further into the guts of this server because you don't have information that far back and you can't relate and gather the proper facts. I set out to reach every goal on this server I wanted to. I put my team into position to win this server. You really have no clue what I went through for a long time to dominate my ocean and earn the respect of the people that joined this team. And I didn't do it alone. GGW is not a powerhouse. You have one player who has 1.5 million + points on 2 servers, which means he has no life and has obviously spent a lot of money on this game. The rest of you haven't accomplished anything you just get on the forum and run your mouths like a bunch of little school girls with nothing to back it up. All you have is eddie sent a 15 hr cs into a inactive players city before we can transfer it and you stacked it with everything you have. Well let your armies sit there, we will still win the world and you guys can be forum champions.

DeletedUser

I dont know maybe he meant this year - i cant remember. Either way nobody in there right mind would buy slots at this point of the game least of all eddy.
Have you not spent gold on this game??
I dont think anyone is rich enough for 18k gold lmao on top of being highly active.
Do we have to talk about eddy still though? Everyones ideas on him are clear and have been for years :p so lets talk about something else new and fresh and interesting
like...
um..
eddy is the best lol

no seriously how bout we talk about ww cities?

DeletedUser

Eddie is #1 in points, cities ABP and DBP. Even according to you guys the stats say he is the best player in Pi

Whether or not he has used money to pay his way to that we will never know. Since you can't prove he uses a lot of money, only assuming because he is much better than all of you it is pointless claiming it because you are coming off as jealous.

DeletedUser

First of all, loving the discussion guys, keep posting! ^^
Secondly, profanity is not allowed, not even censored profanity. Furthermore, if you post, could you try to avoid double posting? Thanks! :D

Thirdly, I'd like to contribute to the discussion regarding gold.
As an experienced player, and an active poster, I have taken part in a lot of discussions on 'who is the best player', and in every thread someone tends to bring up the 'he spends hundreds of euros on gold!!1!!!' argument. Having played in the top 20 both with and without gold, I can say that the advantages of gold are extremely overrated.

Let's start with the premium functions. Admin, Commander, Captain, Merchant and the Priest.
I will admit that playing with more than 10 cities without the admin activated is a major pain in the behind. This is by far the best function that gold can buy, and if you only use sponsorpay to get gold, I would advise to save it all up for administrator only.
The other functions, though, are not in any way required to be a successful player. Sure, they help, but it's entirely possible to win a battle from someone with these features activated even though you don't have them. Later in the game you have excess resources anyways, so the merchant would only give a boost early-game. Mythical units aren't that commonly used enough to make the priest worthwhile. And the commander and captain give a nice bonus to your nukes, but resource and city management is much, much more important.

Now, the other gold features;
The Olympic games. I know a lot of gold users, and I can tell you that almost nobody uses the olympic games to gain CP. It's not worth the gold, plus it takes way too long. I have never met a player who consistently uses the olympic games as a reliable source of CP income.
The cutting troop/building times. Also, not used as much as many think. The only time I have ever used this is when I had loads if incoming attacks, and I really needed the troops in my queue. Otherwise this is a waste of gold.

At any rate, I have played this game for a very long time, and I have met some of the best players in the history of Grepolis, and I can safely say that he key concept of being successful at Grepolis is not gold, it is activity. In any war, the alliance that has significantly more active players will win the war. Activity wins wars. Activity gives you the ability to dodge, snipe CSs, use your resources efficiently, react in an instant and ask for help. All of these vital parts in your gameplay cannot be provided by the use of gold. Activity is everything in Grepolis, Surviving a month without gold is easy. Surviving a month without activity is almost impossible.

DeletedUser

When i said we were a "small" alliance i was meaning in our Player base of Incubi not in the amount of cities we had, we had if i recall correctly 24 members in Incubi when we merged, when you think about it having to organise attacks etc with such a small number of people and the time zones factored in its actually quite an achievement for incubi to have done as well as they have done, and the merge just made us stronger,

We will come for that WW city dont doubt it for a second but it will be on our terms, not when its sitting there stacked to the hilt, and who ever boasted that "TEIN could always break any siege" obviously was meaning If we knew it was landing and had some advanced warning, if WiredHK had been active and not just walked away and never logged back in then we would have known it was coming prior and been able to stack/send LSs BEFORE it landed, trying to Break that siege was pointless, if id had a spy of it prior to me sending LSs id have never sent them just left them sitting at home til we were ready to retake it, in the long run it hasnt affected us 1 bit, And going by rank does that mean im the second Best defender on the server or i just get attacked the most :p

and i have to agree with Skullyhoofd In regards to gold, it isnt as usefull as assumed, i tend to only use admin and rarely anything else apart from Sea captain when doing OPs and only ever used Halfed building times when im growing, after 20+ cities it just isnt worth the hassle,

Markini, Nietzsche' s book Also sprach Zarathustra is about the end of gods and about the concept of super-man (not Superman10101... lol). So my previous post should be read like this "Lol... you superhuman... hahaha".

:( i wanted to be Nietzsche's Uberman :(

Also another tactic thats being overlooked is using Theater plays, when i was growing i tended to have alot of citys with the ability to use these as the CP they give can be invaluable to fast growth

At any rate, I have played this game for a very long time, and I have met some of the best players in the history of Grepolis, and I can safely say that he key concept of being successful at Grepolis is not gold, it is activity. In any war, the alliance that has significantly more active players will win the war. Activity wins wars. Activity gives you the ability to dodge, snipe CSs, use your resources efficiently, react in an instant and ask for help. All of these vital parts in your gameplay cannot be provided by the use of gold. Activity is everything in Grepolis, Surviving a month without gold is easy. Surviving a month without activity is almost impossible.

Agree 100% activity is the key, my grepolis window is open 24/7 its how i respond to mail so fast :)

DeletedUser17085

Eddy

....... I can safely say that the key concept of being successful at Grepolis is not gold, it is activity. In any war, the alliance that has significantly more active players will win the war. Activity wins wars. Activity gives you the ability to dodge, snipe CSs, use your resources efficiently, react in an instant and ask for help. All of these vital parts in your gameplay cannot be provided by the use of gold. Activity is everything in Grepolis, Surviving a month without gold is easy. Surviving a month without activity is almost impossible.

This is a great observation. Activity is the key definitely

All this personalised attacks on Eddy's character makes me laugh. Having known Eddy closely for the last one year .. ( He and I actually started off as enemies when I used to run an alliance called Galactica which used to be the largest in Ocean 53 and which he demolished with ease, LOL,) ... I can safely say that not only is he a wily grepo player, but he cares for other players like no one else can, and gives freedom to everyone to enjoy the game according to their capabilities, instead of just producing a set of military diehards.

DeletedUser

and off topic i wish to request that we change the worlds speed, Pi world speed 3.14 yet Pi should be 3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751058209749445923078164062862089986280348253421170679
8214808651328230664709384460955058223172535940812848111745028410270193852110555964462294895493038196
4428810975665933446128475648233786783165271201909145648566923460348610454326648213393607260249141273
724587006606315588174881520920962829254091715364367892590360011330530548820466521384146951941511etc

DeletedUser9465

I don't know about this Superman10101. Are you sure? Anyway, you most certainly are this thread's multiposter -man. At least lately ;)

DeletedUser

Kamal makes a good point. I know alliance players on other games who insist you do exactly everything their way so as to do 'best' in their opinion. yet eddy allows you to do what you want yet when i was small offered me more help than i could accept!! if you want the best single player in grepo, eddies probably the guy. If you want a guy who can create an alliance and be a #1 player, eddies definetely your guy

DeletedUser30102

yes eddy is the star in pi.no one can say any thing about it;)