World Wonders - idea

DeletedUser15946

Wachakow - 80 cities - is in 5 oceans, mainly 51
sirgaz - 153 cities - is in (hm, will open world map to count those) I think 13, from o 43and 33 to 75 and 74. Do you honestly think I can move to 52?? why don't you come out of turtle, and move south?

DeletedUser

You were the one who said I was on the rim, if you want something you have to come and get it. Why would I cross oceans just to come close to you internet tough guy? You are twice my size and lotsa times better than me you have the resources to come close if you want but if you can't then go sulk in a corner. :p
BA likes it when they talk trash but goes into tantrums when given their own medicine. Put a lid on it sirgaz, how about a beer My treat? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Since nobody from TST is answering this, (I don't think anyone from them reads these forums anymore) I'll venture to answer.
Because they all have traded in their grepo careers to become masons and carpenters

This thread was created when the Wonders were introduced and their function was quite unclear. We all thought back then that when an alliance builds 4 or 7 of them, will trigger the end of the world.
That thought brought the great minds and leaders of ETA together, brainstorming to devise a plan that would stop any alliance from achieving that goal and preserving ETA's future for as long as possible.

Since that time, the Grepo Gods made themselves more clear by outlining that the end of a world could only happen if it falls below 300 active members.
Yes, you are right, but we all new that the WWs where a cancer that would eventually kill the game, so we decided against them.

That condition clearly has nothing to do with building Wonders(unless there is a fine print somewhere that I missed).
Therefore the plan that was agreed upon is null and void since the result thought to occur from not following it, is false.
I would say that this is a personal point of view, open to debate.

People as individuals or as an alliance have the freedom to set their own goals of what they want to achieve in this game.
Yes, but don't we also owe a level of respect to our fellow players in the game? Friend or Foe, we have fought along side each other for over 2 years.

TST chose to set as one of their goals the completion of Wonders(they do look pretty when they are done)
Pretty or not, it has changed the game from a war game to a sim city game

Since that goal does not threaten ETA's existence, I personally do not see anything wrong with it.
I think you are wrong.

Finally some one speaks up from TST, is this only official while you are in TST? will it change when you switch alliances again?
My responses are in bold and they're my personal opinions.

DeletedUser

The goal of creating 4 WW ends ETA immediately, so I don't see how this doesn't threaten ETA's existence.

But maybe my point of view is wrong?? :heh:

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
I think once the WW's are done, the alliance and it's players are labelled "winners" of the world. This will make them feel like there objective is complete and will most likely quit and join another world to play, it does happen.

I've always been against the wonders Idea, it's simming, not war.

DeletedUser15946

You were the one who said I was on the rim, if you want something you have to come and get it. Why would I cross oceans just to come close to you internet tough guy? You are twice my size and lotsa times better than me you have the resources to come close if you want but if you can't then go sulk in a corner. :p
BA likes it when they talk trash but goes into tantrums when given their own medicine. Put a lid on it sirgaz, how about a beer My treat? :)

I know turtles don't like to go out of shell... is it my problem I am twice your size? i am in more then twice oceans.

DeletedUser9267

I don't like the "answers in bold game" but I'll go along.

Because they all have traded in their grepo careers to become masons and carpenters
A second career never hurt anyone as long as you don't forget the first

Yes, you are right, but we all new that the WWs where a cancer that would eventually kill the game, so we decided against them.
Look around, ETA is dying and it isn't TST killing it by building wonders. Like I said that is one of their goals and it brought them together nicely. Who knows, the momentum might continue into something else.

I would say that this is a personal point of view, open to debate.
I love a good debate, don't you?

Yes, but don't we also owe a level of respect to our fellow players in the game? Friend or Foe, we have fought along side each other for over 2 years.
True for me for a number of players. For others though the only feeling I have is regret for not wiping them out of the game when i had the chance. Time spent together does not necessarily bring respect.

Pretty or not, it has changed the game from a war game to a sim city game
Who is stopping you from attacking the masons?

I think you are wrong.
Care to elaborate or should I just take your word for it?

Finally some one speaks up from TST, is this only official while you are in TST? will it change when you switch alliances again?
I am just expressing my thoughts here, I am not talking for TST as I am not in their leadership structure. I would be more than glad to sell you a chariot though since i am just a merchant.

DeletedUser

I know turtles don't like to go out of shell... is it my problem I am twice your size? i am in more then twice oceans.
I'm not the best attacker but I am definitely not a turtle or are you speaking to the masons? I would love to go south but my oceans are still full of red cities. You roam freely, sure. Just by looking at the oceans you are in, you have been around. How many of those oceans do you share hostile alliances with? How many oceans do you share with Valor? Since Brlinho counted UoW out with his post in the other thread "not a war but a walk in the park" so I guess it's just Valor you guys are at war with. I am only in 6 oceans, so what? 6 oceans that I share with enemies.
Enough of this. I agree with James, the alliance that completes 4 WW is declared the winner of this world and they get a crown on top of their names ;) (if you click on their profile) I've seen it happened before. In Rho the alliance that built all 4 was declared winner then they all ghosted out and left the world dying cause they already served their purpose. Building all 4 WW is a world killer. TST's motivation is driven by the WW completion and not the actual war. Last week TST's total ABP is only 134,904, Gipo had more ABP than all of TST combined with 149,993 Not much activity except for Dirk with 56k coming from him trying to take CJ's city in their WW island. What's the next move then? Will TST leave Eta to die as well once all 4 WW are complete? If building all 4 won't kill this world then the actual result of TST winning this world will kill Eta.

DeletedUser9267

that's a lot of complaining about WW's coming from an alliance that has 5 on the go.

DeletedUser

when TST builds 4 WW Chaos Rising will win ETA considering they will be nr.1 alliance at that time.

DeletedUser

Look, I am not from Eta, but even I can see the solution.

If you combine all the alliances in your whole world, you are left with about 475 members. Your alliance limit is 500. Why don't you all just merge into the alliance with the most Wonders, and then build the Wonders. If everybody wants to stay and keep Eta alive, that is what will be the best solution, because it can continue as before.

Also, nobody can win this world because there are only ~600 players that get on every 2 weeks.

DeletedUser

when TST builds 4 WW Chaos Rising will win ETA considering they will be nr.1 alliance at that time.

Wrong. PoC, #3 alliance on Beta built 4 WWs first (barely), and they won. Although, we have yet to see the mysterious endgame, so it's still possible for the #1 alliance to win the world in a different way.

DeletedUser15946

Wacha this is becoming boring... I have red, black, blue, green, purple, pink, yellow and all kind of cities in every of my oceans. but enough, I filled some of my free time, as I wanted :p

Vladamir, thanks, this seems very constructive. Even if we would agree to do that, we could never agree in witch alliance we would merge. not to mention idea is bit funny at the start :)

DeletedUser9267

Vladamir, thanks, this seems very constructive. Even if we would agree to do that, we could never agree in witch alliance we would merge. not to mention idea is bit funny at the start :)

Ohhh I could only dream of of such a world were we are all together in one alliance, spending our days growing daisies in our farms while white doves and butterflies fly above us. The evenings would be spent in campfires roasting marshmallows drinking the healthy juice of the day and exchanging farming stories.
I bet when we wake up the next day, our behinds would not be sore.

DeletedUser

Wrong. PoC, #3 alliance on Beta built 4 WWs first (barely), and they won. Although, we have yet to see the mysterious endgame, so it's still possible for the #1 alliance to win the world in a different way.

soo even the people that ment to be in the know cant give us answers!! thats why the game is going downhill :( u guys should be able to answer the question for us!! we all know the allaince that builds the WW is going to get a award for it! thats why as a allaince we trying to block it

DeletedUser

Well maybe officially the alliance who builds 4 WW wins it,but we all know that nr.1 alliance at that point by ranks is the true winner.

DeletedUser

As we players think, but unfortunately there is no hall of fame or crowns for them yet.

DeletedUser8790

Well maybe officially the alliance who builds 4 WW wins it,but we all know that nr.1 alliance at that point by ranks is the true winner.

Wrong, No one will remember them, only those with crowns