Top 12 Top 12 alliances discussion

• Thread starter DeletedUser17043
  • Start date

DeletedUser21320

Things are a bit slow for me at the moment while staring at that countdown clock to WW, so I thought I’d do my first and very likely last Delphi Top 12 Alliance Rankings Summary….

1ONE* – As many have said before the lone surviving alliance from day 1 of Delphi, I guess I made the right choice that day… I think resilient is the best word to describe us, the leadership who were there since day 1 who have fought on despite many bumps in the road, the great fighters who have joined along the way and even the players who've left that contributed a lot of their time, skill and effort in getting us to where we are. Being number 1 in ABP's is testament to how we've gone about it and I only hope we can reward all those players by winning WW. I know most of you that I mention below will be doing their best to stop that, so good luck.

2G.S.A – I've got a lot of respect for many of their players who've taken a battering from ONE* for months and held strong. Deez, Hajlah and even Lord Honey (who I still respect as a player despite his recent outbursts) have stood out as worthy adversaries who've given as much as they've received. I think I'm qualified to say they've been ONE*'s toughest fight on the server so far of any alliance. Their downfall, partly their excessive pacting and academy alliances, there can only be 99 winners on this server and when you have nearly 300 players across a family of 3 alliances people are soon going to realise there just aren't enough places for everyone at the top table. On top of that, their founder hitting perma-VM when all these troubles appeared pushed it over the edge.

3ROYAL CHALLENGERS – From rim MRA to number 3 alliance super-power, who'd have thought it? Having fought with and against these folks, I've seen they have some talented gamers. I do wonder if they would have been as successful if they had been playing in the core but it's not about where you come from it's where you end up that's important. Their leadership seems strong and they've always seemed to ally themselves in the right ways for their alliance to continue their growth. Also seem to be quite well prepared for World Wonders but with RC PB and their academy staring up at them how will it all work? I'll come back to that though when I get to PB… (ooh a cliff-hanger, you're excited reading this now right???)

4Archangels – This is one merge that made a whole lot of sense, what surprises me is that it took so long. The loss of leader Joe Hunt to Ark Angels pushed many of their larger players to join with ONE*, the remainder seemed lost for a while deciding whether to carry on fighting Ortis or join with them. NXL, OEC, now Archangels… These guys like to confuse people. ONE*s southern enemy lead by some former friends, their location and ONE* ongoing war with G.S.A has always meant they’ve avoided the full firepower of ONE* in a fight to many player's frustration. The timing of this merge might put a dent in their WW plans as they will likely need to reorganise some islands where some players haven't moved into the new alliance.

5Triage – Some good players and leaders in this group, their location and size though has always meant that they played second fiddle to GSA for recruitment and growth. Seems to have lead to their current predicament of constantly consuming their own inactives more than the majority of their rivals. If I see some of these players I another world I wouldn't be afraid to fight with them in the core.

6HARPOON – These guys love a good fight and it seems like they've finally found an interesting rival in the "federation". Having seen off Trojan Men of G.S.A and Determined, I wouldn't want to bet against them in their war. I did start to read their war thread but got tired of all the mud slinging from both sides, quit the trash talking and arguing over who's winning and get back to sending slinger nukes at each other.

7ROYAL CHALLENGERS PB – The moment you've all been waiting for ;) What will RC PB do in WW if RC are beating them to the prize? I realise everyone will tell me to stop being silly as ONE* is a certain winner but things change quickly around here (who would have thought Dominus Et-Zeus would be playing in ONE*?) Academies and pacts become worthless in WW and it's too late now for these alliances to merge together their elite players. Could RC PB merge with a lower ranked alliance in their own pursuit of WW?

8Anarchy – My knowledge on smaller rim alliances is pretty weak as I've never really broadened my horizons beyond the core 4 oceans, but some names ring a bell here as former White or Black Lobos and famed Delphi forum poster Kudiwa is in this little crew. Beyond that I got nothing.

9World League Elite – One of the "Federation" alliances, as a group they have a numbers advantage on HARPOON but they are fighting some people that won't give up and I could see this one lasting a while. Would have been fun to see who comes out as a winner in this one but WW may come too soon for it. World League have been around for a long time and even in defeat I could see them surviving in one form or another.

10Cerberus – Nice name! Who doesn't love the Devil Dogs of Hades? Combine them with archers and you have one mean defense… Oh yeah, wasn't I supposed to be discussing an alliance called Cerberus... What do I see? 3 developed WW islands, nice work!

11Diehards – Man, don't you love Bruce Willis in those movies? He just keeps on going, even if he's been shot 5 times, stabbed or blown up. I think they're making a new one at the moment… Couldn’t find a WW island of you guys, sorry :(

12Ark Demons – At least if THE DISCIPLES (Invictus) were in this spot I'd be able to have some fun with ChronicMeat but the mighty Ark Demons have knocked them from their lofty perch of the 12th ranked alliance...

13-50 – Thankyou for being you and contributing to the WW clock and the end of this world soon :)

Always wanted to post one of these... :pro:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser18275

Nice possitive rundown on the top 12 for your first crack at it. Hope it is not your last as you said. :)

DeletedUser

Wow great job Dave !!!!
I'm quite impressed .
Now I think a weekly post from you seems like a good idea.

DeletedUser29152

famed Delphi forum poster Kudiwa is in this little crew. Beyond that I got nothing.

hope im famed in a good way. an Anarchy is basically a group of friends who went to separate alliance joining their strongest players from their previous alliance into the big alliance you see to. Basically the Rebirth of the Rebirth Legion if you pardon the pun. and we also took Dark Serenity war victems

DeletedUser

Wow! Loved the Top 12, dave! Awesome Awesome Awesome! Keep up the good work, and I look forward to seeing more from the rest of you . :)

+rep

DeletedUser

hmmmmm someone is back.......
after saying they have left for good and hit VM again, times I can't count anymore, they are back hehe
Welcome back Mr. Honey

DeletedUser

Late congratulations but you should do top 12 more good update and like the fact you mentioned all the former members like me in one :p But everyone that played the server should get some credit for getting it to wonders :)

DeletedUser

hmmmmm someone is back.......
after saying they have left for good and hit VM again, times I can't count anymore, they are back hehe
Welcome back Mr. Honey

Hey, thanks !!

Why are you so concerned about me and VM anyways ? It's kind of creepy......

If you're truly interested though, I lost power from storms for almost a week and was living in a very hot and very dark home, or hotels if I was lucky. Then I went to Vegas to play in some of the poker tournaments. So......been kind of busy time, been away. Just so you know SweeTy.

And nice list, Dave.

(I think everyone knows pretty well how I feel about everything else, but if you're interested in hearing it again....just let me know. :) )

DeletedUser

so do you live on the midlantic east coast then??? it was nasty around here... hope your home was not damaged////

DeletedUser

any update on top 12 guys? I've seen a lot of changes right now. anyone i am not good at the top 12 update :( but love how people update.

DeletedUser29152

hell yeah boys....Anarchy (with A LOT of help from Tax Collectors) have taken Diehards down a few levels. speaking of falling down a few levels GSA down to four with RCs 2nd and (the newly formed) Archangels at 3rd

DeletedUser29152

yea yea yea same old story just another alliance. but nobody talks about triage and how if everyone attacks ONE* how Triage is going to counter attack.

i guess nobody saw that coming right?

just checking

TBH i think triage is chickening out. they are scared of fighting ONE so they fight with them but they should know That one* has 3 of the top 4 alliances on the bad side so they really joined the wrong side

DeletedUser

TBH i think triage is chickening out. they are scared of fighting ONE so they fight with them but they should know That one* has 3 of the top 4 alliances on the bad side so they really joined the wrong side

good point...but then ourselves and Triage are larger than the 3 top 4 alliances you talk about :)
oh and that is based on cities not points, before people pipe up about us point wh0ring, plus then when you factor in BP and such, things don't look so bad on our side

DeletedUser

cities dont really count mate, what counts is the players who attack and defend you have 100 cities but if you dont help your team mates then you are a waste of time. but if an alliance works together and fight as one then they will Win no matter how big or small it is.

DeletedUser

yah thats why i said about the bp too, if you notice 12/15 of the top attackers are in one, i'll stick with our side thanks but all the best.

DeletedUser

I am not surprised with the changes especially this close to wonders'

DeletedUser29152

One* has its weak links too Dev its not about 12 good fighters. in general ONE* members feel they've won and they probably have. but the people trying to win want it more than ONE* they are better prepared and are ready to fight to the end because they have nothing to lose. ONE* seems to be getting too peaceful to me.

DeletedUser

it will be a good battle to the end as most of us have played in other worlds know that when the ww start the game does take much longer. such as the world chi been at it for over 6 months and the wonders are still not built. again i think it is all based on team work .