Pnp Hide and go Seek with Seraphim

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Actually sir...

In the days of the Greeks "wars" were actually only a day long. Both armies would meet in a mutual field or location and fight, count the dead after the battle and the winner was announced by who had the fewest dead. Read some history ^^ We were organized and strategic against Seraphim which caused them to crumble not our fault they didn't want to stay in the fight. Also its "know" not now.....

24035336.jpg

Haterade? Thats the best you can do ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

it is going to be better and better.
You tell me to read history books, well I would you advise to take a look in real books and not in comic books. Even greek wars lasted longer than one battle... amusing. Please don't only look at movies. As an university student I read enough books but thanks for your advice. and I would give you the advise to look up a few things before you post something here and pretend to be wise. :D

here you got an example: http://library.thinkquest.org/17709/wars/

Your strategy? It was more like attack this city attack that city, but it must be a city of one of their leaders lol

I know my english writing skills are not the best, I do have another mother language. but thanks for the correction.

DeletedUser

it is going to be better and better.
You tell me to read history books, well I would you advise to take a look in real books and not in comic books. Even greek wars lasted longer than one battle... amusing. Please don't only look at movies. As an university student I read enough books but thanks for your advice. and I would give you the advise to look up a few things before you post something here and pretend to be wise. :D

here you got an example: http://library.thinkquest.org/17709/wars/

Your strategy? It was more like attack this city attack that city, but it must be a city of one of their leaders lol

I know my english writing skills are not the best, I do have another mother language. but thanks for the correction.

That was your source for countering my statement? Wow have you failed every single paper you have had to write? Also don't think for a second you are on the only college student in here sir. I myself am one and have read many books on my own free will and through mandatory class work. I did not look at the movies for this information (Even though in the movie "Troy" they did accurately portray how armies would fight in a small battle which was called a "war" at the time, in which it lasted ONE day at the most) its called Hellenistic warfare so don't act all wise with me. Next time back up your statement with something other than "Thinkquest" and THEN we will talk. I'm not talking about Roman warfare, which was actual long and progressed strategic wars, I'm talking about Greek city states and Macedonian style fighting. I apologize if I knocked on your English skills, to be honest they are quite good. However, if you want to start an argument with me prepare yourself....

DeletedUser

That was your source for countering my statement? Wow have you failed every single paper you have had to write? Also don't think for a second you are on the only college student in here sir. I myself am one and have read many books on my own free will and through mandatory class work. I did not look at the movies for this information (Even though in the movie "Troy" they did accurately portray how armies would fight in a small battle which was called a "war" at the time, in which it lasted ONE day at the most) its called Hellenistic warfare so don't act all wise with me. Next time back up your statement with something other than "Thinkquest" and THEN we will talk. I'm not talking about Roman warfare, which was actual long and progressed strategic wars, I'm talking about Greek city states and Macedonian style fighting. I apologize if I knocked on your English skills, to be honest they are quite good. However, if you want to start an argument with me prepare yourself....

omg are you serious? :O
Do you have any clue, cause you should check my link at least. Or have a look at a lexicon. The war of Troy lasted 10 freaking years mate.
So you are talking about Greek City states, then pls give me an example. Even when I look at the very beginning when Sparta was founded I can find a war which lasted from 740-720 (bc). So please name me one battle/war you think that lasted one day.

I never stated that I am the only student here, or to be intelligent, btw.
And no I am not failing at my papers,

DeletedUser

"Wars
The most famous war in Greece is of course the Trojan war, a war between Mycenae and Troy, between Priam and Menelaus. But the Persian war and the Peloponnesian war aren't also unknown. The battle of Marathon, Thermopylae and Salamis, between Athens, Sparta and the Persians."

This is literally all the page had to say....how in the world is that a good source? o_O

{Great book btw for anyone to read}

http://www.amazon.com/Ancient-Greeks-Smithsonian-History-Warfare/dp/1588341895

Also I'm not stating that ALL Greek wars were only a day long, but a significant portion of early Greek warfare was amongst small "armies of soldiers that took place in local and regional fighting levels that usually lasted a day. The Greeks evolved their form of fighting many different times, so for you to just throw out Troy is absurd to generalize how that brilliant culture and civilization fought. Let me ask you this, how successful and how long was the Phalanx formation used? *You will probably just research this I know but still*

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30111

I feel as if we've strayed....
We have lowered ourselves to some personal comments and that's not what we're here for.
We should be discussing EG and the 1 day war.
And the facts are EG is a good alliance, it has it's problems, true, but every alliance does.
That being said, we have a strong pact, destroyed a #5 alliance, and are now doing well against #3.
So any comment like "the forums are messy" I don't really understand how that says anything about our game. We may have a couple lone wolves, but they're there in every top alliance, you can't tell me DM and IWW has a perfectly put together team in which everyone times attacks and contributes in every conquest (really I've seen reports, they don't) So why should EG be help to a different standard?

^^Arshark you can't throw out a wiki link to prove anything :p

DeletedUser22423

I feel as if we've strayed....
We have lowered ourselves to some personal comments and that's not what we're here for.
We should be discussing EG and the 1 day war.
And the facts are EG is a good alliance, it has it's problems, true, but every alliance does.
That being said, we have a strong pact, destroyed a #5 alliance, and are now doing well against #3.
So any comment like "the forums are messy" I don't really understand how that says anything about our game. We may have a couple lone wolves, but they're there in every top alliance, you can't tell me DM and IWW has a perfectly put together team in which everyone times attacks and contributes in every conquest (really I've seen reports, they don't) So why should EG be help to a different standard?

^^Arshark you can't throw out a wiki link to prove anything :p

Please, enlighten me as to how it is you are "doing good" against us. Until just a few hours ago when you took a city from a member who was new to the alliance and didn't know how to post a support request you have done nothing but lose CS' to us.

http://www.grepostats.com/world/en44/alliance/13/colonizations

These are the grepostats where people can look for themselves to see our record of how we have done against the two bigger alliances. We have taken far more than we have lost, and our cs loses are very few, I think only 1 to an IWW city. I have been quietly playing the game while everyone rages on here about how good or bad EG is. They are a good alliance, but sable, you push propaganda as well as the rest of them. DM is where the real skill is.

DeletedUser11965

Even if he is new, he could have just post I'm under revolt. I know for a fact DM will rush to his rescue. However, if someone whose new to an alliance cannot post such an easy thread title and bbcode which city..the person does not deserve a spot in your alliance.

DeletedUser

Even if he is new, he could have just post I'm under revolt. I know for a fact DM will rush to his rescue. However, if someone whose new to an alliance cannot post such an easy thread title and bbcode which city..the person does not deserve a spot in your alliance.

I think you missed the point that he was new and just came over from Seraphim. We know the capabilities of our old players, but of course for those who were knew we still don't know how capable they are or not.

I doubt even EG would support a player who only posted that he was attacked and didn't even bother updating whether he was revolted or not, or the proper timing of the CS down to the last second.

So even though we do not believe in kicking a player for losing a city we will definitely let go of players that are not up to the task. If you want to play Sim City you can do that in another alliance.

The one good thing that came out of this is that EG is helping us to get rid of the dead weight from those that came over when we absorbed Seraphim.

But still EG do deserve a congratulations on taking one of our cities, we'll be sure not to make it as easy the next time around.

DeletedUser22423

People that can not properly fill out a support request are the same ones that don't generally support their teammates or they would know what crucial information needs to be included. Therefore they are not a valuable part of the team. As a matter of fact after sinking your CS attempt on Noel98 I kicked him out of the alliance because he was not able to post a proper support request and walked away from his console during the short time that he had a CS on the way to his city. The moment after the CS was to hit and we sank it is when he finally returned to the computer and then tried to argue his lack of communication. He got to keep his city this time, but now he is no longer part of the alliance that could keep his city. Not everyone needs 200 players at their side to compete and eventually our number of members will be back down to where we want it, and those will be the best players on the server.

DeletedUser11965

Basically we're just conquering inactives for the time being.

DeletedUser

Supposedly Seraphim were supposed to hold their own and we'd help them out occasionally. They were a big alliance and they had many members so they should have been able to do more for themselves than they did.

But as we all know Seraphim capitulated and we were forced to take in their players. We aren't the kind of alliance to make pacts and just suddenly end it, we follow through with what we say. So naturally the only thing to do was absorb them.

Now that they are a part of DM they have to follow our standards. They were given ample time to up their game and those who can't make the cut will have to be let go of.

Eventually we'll be left with those who were dedicated and active enough to help the alliance. So until we get to our ideal number CnoteG will be booting a number of players every week.

And I do believe that EG did pact with IWW because of us.

DeletedUser11965

Of course, you guys are allowed to pact, how come we aren't?

DeletedUser30111

Of course, you guys are allowed to pact, how come we aren't?

I think he just explained it pretty well, they got 2:1 odds and were happily going to take us out, then the tables were turned and our 2:1 odds means we're a terrible alliance, that relies on help from friends.

Double standard guys, come on, we weren't the first alliance to get a major pact to take on an enemy, you were, I'm tired of hearing that argument now.

DeletedUser22423

Sablestag you are completely bloated with hot air and I am unimpressed at your attempt to turn others words inside out. You and I both know very well that we had not taken any part in your war with seraphim as we did not even have an official pact with them until days before they went down. Now your scared and your recruiting as many as you can while we cut our numbers and as stated before, you have nothing to show for it yet. Neither alliance has done anymore than take inactives. While your eagerness to claim victory is admirable, it is also downright silly. And sorry we sank your CS the other day. Next time do you want us to just let it walk in so you can have something real to place your words on.

DeletedUser

Sablestag you are completely bloated with hot air and I am unimpressed at your attempt to turn others words inside out. You and I both know very well that we had not taken any part in your war with seraphim as we did not even have an official pact with them until days before they went down. Now your scared and your recruiting as many as you can while we cut our numbers and as stated before, you have nothing to show for it yet. Neither alliance has done anymore than take inactives. While your eagerness to claim victory is admirable, it is also downright silly. And sorry we sank your CS the other day. Next time do you want us to just let it walk in so you can have something real to place your words on.

Wrong. Simple as that about the scared part. I agree with the inactive argument you arouse but when you said we are scared that is simply not the case. Also for the record (Being the other leader of EG) we did not PACT with IWW because of Deaths Measure, I was the diplomat in charge of getting a PACT with IWW and can testify against your accusations. Also I will warn you once to have respect for my members as I will not tolerate the kind of belittling tone you have given out. Have some respect and we will share it in turn.

DeletedUser

@Sable:That is very true my friend, I'm sorry its just the continued flaming is getting rather old. Unfortunately there isn't really any rulebreaking so I can't petition to get this forum closed. But unfortunately there will always be those stupid people (a lot of of do this at a time) that drag on the forum fight for weeks

@Arshark: So do I printscreen? My laptop doesn't just do screenshots so far as I know. On another note after seeing my conversations you would be able to identify me via asking -Goku-

DeletedUser

The banter in this thread was fine, but the off-topic was beyond belief. Dunno how I missed it to be honest.

Keep it on-topic next time and there will be no problems, since you're all doing pretty well rules-wise. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.