Delphi World Wonders

DeletedUser

Hello Players Of Delphi ~

I have created this thread for you all to discuss your World Wonder efforts and takeovers. I would like to hear all about them so please post anything related to the world wonders in this thread. Please be aware that the forum rules still apply. No insults, flame wars, off-topic/spamming posts, etc.

Happy Hunting To All~!

~ Lane

DeletedUser

i got a cool story

jason1118 Theta 2012-07-27 07:58
hehe, i love when akazmier gets inspirational ;)

Well guys this is going to be fun. We are going to loose cities...likely lots of cities. And for those of you who play aggressivly and attack a lot, well chances are you will have to hide all your nukes at night and set the alarms to go off earlier.

But hey, the worst that can happen is that we loose a virtual city. And frankly, i see us putting up a very good fight. For a group of alliances who had mostly very limited to no fighting experience whatsoever we have come a long way since the HARPOON war began and become very competent alliances in both attack and defense.

Ocean 45 is going to be a tough battle ground. I suspect i will likely loose cities myself again if i make enough noise. But in the end its all BP and fun. Don't worry yourselves to much, i have seen much stronger alliances then ONE and played against them. ONE is good, but overrated.

you gonna lose your WW :D
but hey at least you were sensible in your assumptions of just what was going to happen.

By all means take the WW. I could care less about wonders.

War games shouldn't be won by building something. its a cheap victory created by innos to cheapen the game and make more money and your buying into the new scheme by thinking WW's actually mean anything.

Any true attacker or grepolis fighter simply ignores the awards that say you "won" a world by building all 7 wonders. Its cheap, its boring, and its a simming victory. Doesn't indicate anything that special only that you have the ability to press the "Send Resources" button on your computer screen.

P.S, its funny much ONE people are in such a huff about the usage of the term "overrated" something that has been blown out of proportion. But its good propaganda i suppose, and funny to see such large players actually caring about little old me :p

DeletedUser

wow if we are simming that doesn't bode well for the rest does it...we pretty much proved everything else, that was getting boring, a new challenge is fun and seems we aint too bad at this either :D

DeletedUser30317

By all means take the WW. I could care less about wonders.

War games shouldn't be won by building something. its a cheap victory created by innos to cheapen the game and make more money and your buying into the new scheme by thinking WW's actually mean anything.

Any true attacker or grepolis fighter simply ignores the awards that say you "won" a world by building all 7 wonders. Its cheap, its boring, and its a simming victory. Doesn't indicate anything that special only that you have the ability to press the "Send Resources" button on your computer screen.

P.S, its funny much ONE people are in such a huff about the usage of the term "overrated" something that has been blown out of proportion. But its good propaganda i suppose, and funny to see such large players actually caring about little old me :p

Yes, a lot of us don't care about wonders (which is why we re building only one, just to have a go). It would be really nice if ONE* does win the wonders (likely), for us all to say, well great, well done ONE*, that boring bit's over now, let's get back to playing Grepolis again, and just carry on from where we left off before this annoying diversion kicked in. For the last 8 months, we've been building up, attacking, defending, diplomatising, arguing, making up and generally having good fun. Let's just go back to that after this wonder phase is over. Keep Delphi alive :)

DeletedUser

hmmmm, if you don't care about WW then why all ban together to have an op on us????
yes let's finish this WW stage and let ppl get back to attacking each other for kicks

DeletedUser

I find the WW fun, at the begginging its just sending resources but when one alliance has created a WW it gets more competative. I myself havent seen any action (yet) but I would say once a WW is made then were going to see ALOT more action.

DeletedUser

hmmmm, if you don't care about WW then why all ban together to have an op on us????
yes let's finish this WW stage and let ppl get back to attacking each other for kicks

Because the server will ghost pretty soon after they are built. Thats why i backed joining all those other alliances Initially. I give Delphi about 2-3 months after WW's are fully built until the server falls below 1k people.

DeletedUser

this happens on all the worlds
the game can change after WW, and there is a new server opening on Tues.
Only time will tell really.

DeletedUser

I disagree, I think it people will want to carry on fighting, on PI an alliance won the WW but it instead of going inactive, players got more active then they ever were and started taking more cities.

Not to you sweet i I disagree with jason1118

DeletedUser30317

Because the server will ghost pretty soon after they are built. Thats why i backed joining all those other alliances Initially. I give Delphi about 2-3 months after WW's are fully built until the server falls below 1k people.

But that's it - it doesn't have to ghost. Why should we let it? This hasn't been about wonders. They've been thrust upon us, with a lot of us who have never played before, not really knowing/caring much about them. We just wanna play Grepolis, lol...and wonders are fine for people who need that full stop. But do we all? It's so slow starting out in a new world...

DeletedUser

it wasn't thrust upon you
we all started somewhere and there were WW, and many this is their first world or first go at wonders too
it says so when you sign up so I don't understand your philosophy on that not knowing this
anyways, if ppl ghost, snag them up, if they don't attack them :) it doesn't have to be the end for those who don't want it to be

DeletedUser

it wasn't thrust upon you
we all started somewhere and there were WW, and many this is their first world or first go at wonders too
it says so when you sign up so I don't understand your philosophy on that not knowing this
anyways, if ppl ghost, snag them up, if they don't attack them :) it doesn't have to be the end for those who don't want it to be

Umm what? Don't mean to sound rude but I remember grepolis before the wonders came into being and i remember the game being much more fun without them. I also remember WW's being thrust upon us as well....

None of it matters though. The situation is what is it, and isn't going to be changed because a few old school players just want to play the way they used to. And now we're just going in circles. Though i haven't even brought up all my grievances with WW's.

ONE is going to build them all. A few days of sharing forums with RC,Arhcangels, and GSA, and seeing how those alliances operate (if you can call them operating) convinced me of what the end result of all of this will be :)

DeletedUser

I aint being disrespectful as i started on Theta, but half that server is ghosts and it takes days to attack, i reckon this beats that and hey maybe it will resemble it too in a couple of weeks, feel just like the "old days"...
Heck even Robbyn is here too :D

DeletedUser

How did ONE* manage to build them all that fast! Darn speed 3 worlds :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

We have been working our tushies off Strike!

and jason, when you sign up for a server it states it I believe, anyways again the server may go on, they don't shut them down
so we shall see :)

DeletedUser

I'll add my 2 cents, just because as usual I have a slightly different take than some people. Then we can see the posts from possibly anyone that might agree, and almost certainly from a few forum tough guys who will spout off and indicate how hard-core they are when posting on a forum.

First, I agree with Jason that I'm no fan of the WWs......BUT, i definitely see where it may help to have an end-game. First, players that have played for quite some time and may be getting tired do deserve a chance to actually "win." Second, I think we've all seen these types of games where a server just drags on too long and becomes nothing but absorbing inactive players and ghost towns. Then we look back and see tons of fairly mediocre players with several million points - points they'd never have gotten had normal play continued. That kind of makes a mockery of the accomplishments of everyone who played hard when there were enough players to make things matter.

All that said, it certainly seems a foregone conclusion that One will complete their WWs first and "win" this server. As they probably deserve to - I think there's little dispute that as a whole, they've been superior to any other group. So will that be a bit disappointing to many others ? Yes. But it's hard to argue that it would be unearned.

Once that happens, of course, the server will totally and completely die. We've already seen certain One players that are preparing to exit after the WWs are done. And it's hard to fault them as they've put in a ton of effort. So....yes, the server can still play on....but what will be the point ? Even IF someone or some group can then defeat One after WWs are completed....it will be against a group that has probably seen quite a few members check out. To play on would simply to be playing for a hollow victory. What is to be gained by (possibly) defeaeting an enemy that has largely retired after the server has declared them winners ? It's pointless.

So, yes, we should all prepare for this server to come to an end. But it's certainly no fault of the alliance One, who DOES deserve the victory they will soon claim.

Again, though.......and here's where the forum tough guys will start to take offense, lol.........I see a beautiful and delicious irony in the way this server has played out. Specifically - as we all saw, very recently One recruited away quite a large number of cowards from my former alliance, GSA. Nearly all the larger active players, in fact. It seems pretty obvious now that that was an astute move by One ahead of the WW period....to eliminate threats to their completing WWs.

The funniest thing about it is this though; those players that sold out their mates by leaving GSA to join the enemy largely did so for two reasons - to be on the winning side and claim victory, and to continue playing. What is ironic and funny though, is that in their effort to continue playing.....they've enabled the world to be won, and to die off. So they actually will likely NOT be continuing playing. Will these traitor players then legitimately be able to claim "victory" ? Only if you consider selling out your mates and joining an enemy for about a single month, after competition in the world had really dried up, to simply remove a threat to One completing WWs to be a "victory." I know that I don't.

So I've said it before and I'll do so one last time - congratulations to One not only for playing well for the duration of this server and beating very many of your foes..........but also for degrading some of them - the GSA coward sell-outs. For enabling a situation where they sold out their mates and forfeit their dignity by joining the enemy for a victory that is meaningful to One, but hollow and meaningless to those late-comer sell-out coward traitors. Funny funny stuff. Well played, One !!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

wow again with this coward thing
thought we have gotten over that by now
ppl make choices, we had space some asked to join, end of story
it was not a move initiated by ONE* nor to help win WW, it was simply hey we have space and they asked to join
happens everyday in alliances
with that being said I have to say I am impressed by all those building WW and holding their own, it isn't the easiest thing to do, and adds a bit of fun to the game I think

DeletedUser

wow again with this coward thing

ppl make choices, we had space some asked to join, end of story

it was not a move initiated by ONE* nor to help win WW, it was simply hey we have space and they asked to join
happens everyday in alliances

LOL, yes again with that. Just one more time, because it's actually quite funny. I guess the irony eludes you - these cowards join One because they want to keep playing.......when we all know many One players will quit and the server will end once Grepo declares One the winners. I find the irony extremely amusing. About as funny as any of those players thinking that, all of a sudden, they will now be the "winners" of the server.....solely because they chose to cut and run and sell-out their mates.

Funny stuff.....and yes, I don't post here often, probably at least a month since my last post. So one more time with all of that. :)

And far as you trying to peddle that nonsense about "having space for a few player"......just, LOL. Sell that somewhere else. I know it was orchestrated by the cowards that left....but you guys gutted the only thing close to enemy competition. Took in over a dozen players netting well over 10 million points, I believe. So please don't degrade your credibility by saying you just took in a few players who wanted to switch. That's laughable.

As far as the Wonders. Yeah, sure - nice going to all. One is about to win everything, and they DO deserve to. I guess we probably do need an end-game here. Just a shame it comes with an asterisk - of having conducted such a shameful mass recruit right before the end.

DeletedUser

I get where you are coming from, but if it had been the other way around i don't think you'd have said much about it, we aint the first alliance to do such a thing and won't be the last. Shameful...nah, your incessant whining about it is shameful, you moved on too and left your old friends to it, if we are to tar the others as cowards and sell outs, surely you deserve the same.