Demolition

• Thread starter DeletedUser26011
  • Start date

DeletedUser26011

Hi guys, pretty new to all this.

If you demolish a building by one level does your silver, timber and stone resources increase by the amount it took to build it in the first place?

Sorry if that's a daft question.

Seemed to get a bit excited and developed buildings I don't really need so thought if I could demolish them a couple of levels my resources could be better spent somewhere else.

Cheers

DeletedUser

Well, if its resource buildings your demolishing, well, I wouldn't because eventually you should rebuild them for more resources or the game gets slow.

Plus when you demolish I believe you only get half the resources back.
If its a market place you want to demolish, thats better to me because I dont usually trade so.

Any other building is a waste to demolish. You need all buildings a certain lvl for something later on so keep it, like I need a certain timber, silver, and harbor lvl for say a theater later on. Just my opinion, hope it helps.

DeletedUser22431

Actually you don't get any resources back when you demolish a building. All you gain is the free population that it took to build that level of the building so it's usually only worth demolishing a building when you're close to max'ing your population (unless of course you are demolishing a special building to build a different one)

DeletedUser

Oh, I thought you get some resources but thats an even better reason NOT to demolish buildings.

DeletedUser

Greetings, fellow player.
First of all, you don't get any resources back by demolishing buildings. So those resources cannot be used. Second, demolishing buildings only gives back the amount of farm space which was required for the construction of that particular building. Well, demolishing buildings is mostly unnecessary as you would surely be needing it later on. But, sometimes it's really useful when the farmspace required for your troops isn't big.

Hope it helped.

DeletedUser

If I could get someone to further clarify this (I'm new too)

If you lose troops - you don't get the free population back. Would it be worthwhile to demolish a farm level or two, then rebuild them, in order to get free population back, so you could put them back in the barracks for training? Or once gone, are they unrecoverable?

DeletedUser

sorry for the double post, forgot to turn the notification feature on.

DeletedUser11965

When troops died, you get the space back. Demolishing Farm will only be decreasing your spaces available.

DeletedUser

Aye, but rebuilding them will give the space back?

Let's say you have a level 30 farm for example, 0 troops, and 500 population space. You then train 200 troops, meaning you STILL have a level 30 farm, 200 troops, and 300 spare population. You then send those troops to their deaths.

You go back to 500 spare population, and 0 troops. All of said population will be ready to be re-trained, and no population numbers are lost. There is absolutely no reason to demolish a farm. :)

DeletedUser

Many thanks Kanga. Read in another thread that the free population didn't regen upon troop loss. This will make things a bit easier to plan out.

Good luck and good hunting,
MarshalNey