Socrates34

DeletedUser

Possibly but i am NOT telling anyone. YOu dont need to know, and you will not know. imo this issue is closed, soc is just one more past-player.

DeletedUser

Jono - I know a lot of players that are wondering what happened to Socrates and are genuinely concerned that something terrible happened in real life that caused his disappearance. If you know that he is okay, just posting that small amount of information would still respect his privacy and ease some minds.

DeletedUser

He is alive and kicking, but the chances of him returning in the near future are extremely slim.

DeletedUser

I heard that nickossa quit this game to redirect his funds into an aggressive takeover of the company that Soc works for. Now that Nic is essentially Soc's boss he has had him redeployed and they just scrap with each other all day in RL.

DeletedUser

Well I quit this server a while back, just a bit after you in fact, but from all your posts I think you must have restarted. I have moved to Ithaca, a great server just a dead forum. Its nice to check back in.

DeletedUser

either a RL issue either he got bored of winning ...sometimes the best players loose interest of the game due to lack of competition or their RL becomes too hectic to keep playing grepo at the same time...always was and always will be this way..

DeletedUser

bottom line is that he's gone, the reason is inconsequential.

DeletedUser11965

I'm also curious lol, but yh, people move on.

Now that he's gone, whose the top player of grepolis now :heh:

DeletedUser

Yea I really cant pick another player from the limited worlds I have played. I will say I haven't quite seen anyone dominate like he did on this server, for that matter I haven't seen anyone as good as Nickossa either regardless of what you say about his gold spending.

DeletedUser

unfortunately since 2.0 it's really difficult to tell the difference between who's actually good at the game and who is reasonable & has a plus-size budget. personally i's say jpindseth is the best, but each to their own ;)

DeletedUser

Yea i dont think any of the new 2.0 players are as good as 1.26 players, they lack the understanding and experience of older players in general. The reason i picked Robbyn is that he has never lost a city to enenmy fire, despite being on the front lines, and having an OP pulled on him by 3+ alliances and he had 2000+ attacks incoming at one point.

And remember this is in an old world so he could not speed up troop production with gold....

But each to their own :)