Beginner Q: What God is best at early stage?

DeletedUser

The title explains it all... who should be the first God that I worship?? I've heard some people say Hera??
Also, do you think it is better to accept the 1200 of each resource or the divine favor for my daily reward? I was thinking the resources look more appealing at this early stage.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

DeletedUser

I agree. I find Hera's spells to be of most immediate use during building of my town and her myth units are available at earlier stages of the temple.

DeletedUser31161

there is no way you guys are that fast! your on a speed 1 and only 2-4 weeks into it

Thrillology

Phrourach
Never underestimate speed 1 and revolt! :D

I've used every god, including Artemis, except for Hera. :/ One of the most other popular gods are Hades and Zeus as starting gods, my starting god was Hades because I didn't like Hera's units.

DeletedUser

Never underestimate speed 1 and revolt! :D

I've used every god, including Artemis, except for Hera. :/ One of the most other popular gods are Hades and Zeus as starting gods, my starting god was Hades because I didn't like Hera's units.
I agree that lots of people like to use Zeus, but Hera's ability to give you all three resources or enhance your worker's production are immediately useful and are easy ways to use some of her favor if you are getting close to the limit. Zeus' easy use is to make chariots and that's pretty overrated in my opinion. Poseidon gives you wood which is nice and can make your harbor work faster. Athena makes your barracks work faster and is can throw a few men into a new city so you can start taking over farming villages right away (this is the one place where Zeus' chariots make sense as well) but those are both later in the game. Hades can throw you silver which is good and while his myth units are strong they require a lot of resources and favor to get not to mention higher level temples (not as high as Poseidon's level 22 for Hydra - ouch). Which brings us all the way back to Hera. If you don't like her units, you must be crazy. The Harpy can be had for 1600 wood, 400 rock, 1360 silver, and 130 favor and Medusa is 1500 wood, 3800 rock, 2200 silver, and 210 favor. The only cheaper units are from Athena which are quite a bit weaker. Harpy is better than Cerberus and Medusa gives Erinys a run for her money offensively but costs much less. Cerberus and Erinys are much stronger defensively, so if you are looking for good defense, then Hades might be your guy, but by the time you can even start making a myth army, Hera's already beat you to the punch in a big way.
My personal feeling is everyone recognizes Hera's benefits early in the game, but I think she can hold her own all the way through.

DeletedUser22517

Omg so may pros here.Poseidon can give you 800 wood per 25 favor, Hera will give 525 in total for 30 favor.Don`t bother for mythical units yet it is to early for that.

DeletedUser29066

I prefer Hera for first city for both resource production and troop recruitment speed increase. Poseidon a good 2nd choice for increase in ship building speed.

DeletedUser22517

I prefer Hera for first city for both resource production and troop recruitment speed increase. Poseidon a good 2nd choice for increase in ship building speed.
LOL, how many happiness and population growth you used so far in this world?

DeletedUser25074

All depends really mate. I am on an island where i can trade wood for rock and rock for silver so for me Pos is much much better as u gain 200 more res from your daily rewards via gift and then i can trade it over for the 500 extra res from farming villages overall i get much more res from Pos than i ever would from hera.

DeletedUser22517

All depends really mate. I am on an island where i can trade wood for rock and rock for silver so for me Pos is much much better as u gain 200 more res from your daily rewards via gift and then i can trade it over for the 500 extra res from farming villages overall i get much more res from Pos than i ever would from hera.
Why do we even bother to explain to them.They gonna fail to this world and they will go to next one and do the same over and over again.

DeletedUser25074

cause he asked nicely i was answering the newbies question :D

DeletedUser22517

Yes but there is so many pros here they will explain to him :)